450 Help with erazor 450

sterlingh

Lee thanks I am always pleased to hear a good deal got by me....lol J/K of course thanks for thinking about me anyway...

Tony, I think I understand now. I have a couple of jobs to check on in the morning, then will do a little more research. Good to know all the electronics will fit. It may be I do go with the hk450gt. Seems like a great way to learn and the other advantages spoke about in this thread. I am sure I can count on you guys as well so thats a very big deal for me. Would not do right now otherwise..

Thans
Sterling H.

Tony

Staff member
We won't be going anywhere anytime soon so help is always here. However starting tomorrow night I will be on graveyards so my presence on here will be limited to late night hours. You know. Lee's hours lmao.

murankar

Staff member
What time frame would you be looking at if you could get an align ds520? On the first I am stron?gly thinking on getting a new tail servo. Price in the ball park of $40 plus shipping and an extra set of gears to go with it.

sterlingh

Hey Murankar,

Not sure really, but what ever I do I will most likely be making mind up towards the end of the week. I may, I say May, even think about a slightly upgrade from the upgrade i am looking at now. I want to look around and see if i can figure out what I would need to do, to do A or B.Then I will post what I think might work, and see if that would work or not. I am surprised I can install my motor on Align or clone frame and has me wondering if I want to spend a little more. I will be getting the DX6i no matter what but at this point I dont know...

Thanks
Sterling H.

Tony

Staff member
I will tell you right now, if you can drop the coins on an Align kit, DO IT lol. If you can shake the couch and car for enough coins to get a super combo, even if it's the sport v2, DO IT. You will have all the best electronics if you get the super combo right off the bat. But it does cost more, but you get what you pay for and you will save money in the long run. I have an article on here somewhere that states what my heli would have cost if I would have pieced it together. Let me find it.

Edit: Here you go!
http://www.rc-help.com/content.php/308-Why-Name-Brand-Over-A-Clone

heli-maniac

i will agree with Tony
i have been down this road already started with a e razor junk got a dx6i and changed every thing on it ya it still a junk heli that i ended up almost giving it away for parts and giving up the hobby
now i do have a EXI sport and a HK 450 Pro both were hand picked parts not kits they both do well but you have to spend the money on them
now my Align 450 pro 3GX that is a bad to the bone kit but i did buy mine in parts with all align parts and i cost about the same as tonys super combo kit
i will say if i had to settle for a clone it would be the Tarot 450 pro
this is just my 2 cen.

sterlingh

Man if I want my dx6i you guys are looking at 600. big ones there abouts?

- - - Updated - - -

Comments please, I wont get me dx6i if this one I buy, still this looks nice.. wonder what they mean when the say 6ch or more TXD?

http://www.helipal.com/trex-450-sport-v2-super-combo.htmlhttp://www.helipal.com/trex-450-sport-v2-super-combo.html

- - - Updated - - -

This looks real nice and the TX looks like I could live with , may be a tad to high though..

Lee

Thats a good heli, and basically the same as i just sold. Its also belt driven tail not torque tube, which is better for beginners.
When it says 6ch or more, it just means you need 6 to fly this heli.
That and the DX6I will be all you need to have infinite hours of fun.

Tony

Staff member
Do not buy from helipal. If you think hobbyking or xheli have crappy service, just wait till you deal with these guys. I would choose xheli over heli pal just because xheli is in the US and not China.

sterlingh

I am still just thinking and going crazy in the process. I like the heli I linked a couple of posts up, and probably would still get the dx6I if I got it. However I am with you Tony, I dont like the idea of getting it from china, plus I have no idea who is good to buy from and who is not. I have been out today installing an A/C that normally i would have sold off. Why and who cares you ask? lol Well today I made enough to upgrade my upgrade. I am tired as all get out, but would anyone mind making just a couple of more links and a couple more ideas as to what I might buy. Here is why I ask. I would probably would pay up to say 500. to 600. for a happy bird. I would love to have the dx6i in that equation. It looks like that makes things a little harder to recommend, but thats all I will have for it, without negotiations with the little woman., which I dont want to do. If you are married enough said, if you are not DONT DO IT! ok just kidding. I found this RTF you need to see. The tx looks like it may be good, but I dont know.I would not get the dx6i with this one. If it is good, the only thing, probably no one around here knows much about it. Also now as Tony recommends dont buy from this place. So I do need some help here as my strategic plan has changed. If this is not making sense forgive me I am exhausted.

TREX 450 Plus (RTF) - HeliPal

http://www.helipal.com/trex-450-plus-rtf.html?osCsid=i7s42s55f1h1v8876ujevb6uj4

As always A very Big Thanks
Sterling H.

Tony

Staff member
That link that Jesse posted is everything you need except a good charger. That is a good seller on ebay and I almost went with them on my purchase. But found someone for a few cents less. Killer deal right there.

sterlingh

Man O Man. I think I like. You really think I can completely build this thing? Complete build? dayum thats a little scary. How long woult that baby take to get together saying about 2 hrs a day? I have some tools, but would need more, but man I say I due like i mean do like.. I am going to a local hobby shop tomorrow to have a look. Doubt they will have anything like this though. Thanks a lot for looking. I have to give this some thought.

Tony

Staff member
I think you can build this heli in about a week taking your time. I do agree, don't rely on the tools that are given to you in the kit. whatever tool kit you get, make sure it has two 1.5mm allen drivers. You will need them to take the blade grips off the head. As well as use it for just about every other screw on the heli less the blade grip bolts that hold the blades. If you take your time on this build, you will have a very stable helicopter. I had the chance to work on one of these for a member here and it was a sweet flying heli and convinced me to purchase one myself.

murankar

Staff member
The lhs should have something real close. Most lhs's carry align. That another reason to go with align.

Tony

Staff member
Yeah, but LHS's have overhead they have to pay for whereas online has none and can offer it cheaper. Plus you have to pay tax at the LHS and that can add up to a lot of money for a $600 order.

Tony

Staff member
That brings up a good point, with that all in one kit you will be losing out on the two free Rx's.

murankar

Staff member
I agree Tony tax and all the middle stuff does add up. But if your in a pinch and need something "right now", more than likely the LHS will have something Align.

Top Bottom