450 Help with erazor 450

Tony

Staff member
It's our pleasure. If you get a pitch gauge online, look into getting a swash leveler as well. well worth the $5 to get a perfect swash every time. Should be the same one as the 450 Align birds use. I think they use a 5mm main anyway lol.

sterlingh

Looks like I was granted a slight reprieve, uploading a vid with my knobs at 12 noon high. That should be 50% on both knobs. Hopefully we can do this some more tomorrow if you can.. I sure am feeling a lot better about this bird now, and feel like i am gaining a lot of info..

[video] [/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

Tony

Staff member
Hm, maybe try cranking them all the way to the right (clockwise) and see what happens.

On an off topic note, you have a crapload of cell phones sitting on that table lmao.

sterlingh

Okay, this morning I put the training gear back: and took it back to the garage. It seems a whole lot better to me. The spool up seems nice and smooth, and I can move around a little now, which I could not do before. I think, but I'm not sure improper movement at this point may be my inexperience at flying. I have been waiting and waiting to try some of the maneuvers I've seen online. You know just moving forward a little on the ground backwards left and right etc. That's my only objective at this point. As I get older I seem to be blessed with some more patients. So I don't need to be doing loops by next Monday, but even with my new-found patients, the process seems slow. Sort of on topic, but I have a double horse 9104. I now understand why it is said not to fly a three channel, if you ever want to go 3-D flying.

Unfortunately this morning life demands of me to take care of some other responsibilities. So I am posting yet a new vid of going out into the garage. If I could just get one more look, and see what you think, or see any obvious problem I would be very grateful. That way at least I can know the helicopter is doing what it's supposed to be. Any unexpected movements will be pilot error. lol thinking about it, helicopter error would be much easier to fix than the other. I a will order a gauge as you suggested Tony, hopefully when I get it you can help me out on how to use it.

Yes I do have a table full of phones. Not that many actually, one blackberry storm one, one blackberry storm two, one palm, three droid two's... lol half the time I can't make a call. Just kidding. I got a new Samsung galaxy 4G S2. I've had a lot of experience with cell phones over the years, if this phone holds up, it may be the best phone I've ever had. I am really pleased with the performance thus far. Since you saw my phones I wonder if you saw my freon drums in the garage? humm when I think about it I guess I get myself involved in a lot of different things. These days what I call semi retirement, I run a small web hosting company. And a little online retail store. My web host company and retail store are real passions of mine. It's not what I did all my life, but wanted to with the advent of the Internet. Nothing in the world like working in your passion. But hey Tony, I don't need to tell you that now do I?

Thanks a lot for your help,

[video=youtube_share;hKBaiCykV0Q]http://youtu.be/hKBaiCykV0Q[/video]

Sterling H

Lee

Looks like the controls are acting the right way. Hard to hear what you were saying. Did you fix the pitch? I think i heard you ask why it wont go backwards? The answer is, the tail is digging into the floor and stopping it.

sterlingh

Thanks Lee,
I noticed that the audio was not legible. I decided not to worry about it. I was saying right stick up right stick down etc. I did say "dont know why I cant get it to go backwards" . I use a sim RC Tech I bought along with the heli. I can move it backwards real well. I think you are right and maybe I need to drop the tail guard down a bit? Lee, I have to expose my complete ignorance here, but when you say "did i get the pitch fixed", what does that mean? Sorry to be so uninformed,
I was thinking you may be talking about no movement in blades when I am throttling up. To be more clear, when I disconnect the motor and move the throttle stick I get no movement at all in main blades. I do of course in the tail blade. So maybe this is really two questions. 1.Should I get movement in my blades when I throttle up? 2. If pitch is different could you explain what I should see in regards to pitch? lol In time I will claim someone hijacked my account and ask these embarrassing questions.

Thanks
Sterling H.

Lee

Hi Sterling,
You don't need to do anything to the tail. Thats just the way it is when you are on the ground. With the pitch, you should see the swash plate moving up and down as you increase or decrease the throttle. Let me have a look at the manual to see how to check your pitch on the radio. The sooner you can get yourself a DX6I the better. So much easier to set up the heli that the one you have now. Both Tony and I had that radio before moving to the DX8. It will be the best investment you can make in this hobby.

sterlingh

SOLD, Ok I got you. I will start looking for a new one. Get prices etc..Will i be able to use it with almost any other heli I might get in the future? DXI6 is what I will most likely looking at, though as of right now I have no idea how much 6 or 7 or 8 might cost. The 6 will work for sure? Suppose I should still make sure this pitch is not a heli problem, but in any case I will get the new radio.. Great advise from both of you.

Lee

Here is the manual if you dont have it.
http://www.dynam-rc.com/download/E-RAZOR450.pdf
If you look at the section on Pitch adjustment. That may help.
Knob C and D from the looks are the pitch adjustment knobs
The DX6I will fly almost any helicopter you want. And you can store 10 different models on the one radio. The one Tony and I have DX8 gives you more model memory, and SD card to transfer data to another radio or laptop. Basically more bells and whistle, but not absolutely necessary.
Good Luck

Paulster2

I am El Taco!
I was just curious ... how far are you moving the controls when you are "right stick right" or "throttle stick left"?

sterlingh

Hey Paul, I move the stick all the way. If I move right stick, to right, I go to end, then release and stick returns to center. Same with all positions. On the throttle just under half way up and then not as far to right or left because it moves the heli one way or the other.

Thanks
Sterling H.

Tony

Staff member
I agree with Lee in that the sooner you get your DX6i the better. It may sound a little cliche' but it will make you a better pilot in the long run. Also the video I posted earlier will walk you through step by step in setting up this exact setup, the DX6i and E-Razor. It will be the best investment you have made until you get an Align.

As for where to get it, click the link below. You may have only one heli now, but trust me, that will soon change lol. This DX6i comes with two free Rx and is well worth the $210. For double the money you can go with the DX8 :biggrin1: :chuckles:

http://www.horizonhobby.com/product...6I+Free+RX+Promo-_-Homepage-_-Glamour+Slide+3

And as for your question on the 3 cans of freon, I did notice them. Are they R-12 or R-134a? Or am I thinking car and not house which uses R-22? Also where is your scale? hehe. Yup, I'm a car guy as well. If you are, click the link in my sig to check out my other forum. It's very slow over there but still fun.

sterlingh

Everybody wants me today, I'm heading back out again but, in the manual to configure my transmitter I needed to push the switch number nine down, that way I can start configuring (pitch) using the v1 and v2 knobs. While I was still getting no action while throttling in the way of pitch movement, I did get some movement with number nine clicked down. So I was going to start playing with it, then nothing worked. I had only one of the three wires plugged in ( or should I say two of the six ), wondering, I changed up the wiring a bit and got different reactions. Still got no movement. Not only throttle but my right stick as well which had been working fine. I got the battery charging and once again finding myself at the mercy of hoping that's my problem, and that I did not mess anything up. I really don't see how I could have, but I'll have to wait to see. Anyway will comment and follow-up some more on that later. Oh I almost forgot, Tony, Amazon has for $149 the same transmitter, am I missing something? Plus if you don't mind, do I have to get a new receiver and change it out as well? While I am no electrical dummy for sure, none of the wires on that receiver are marked, and I'm afraid with me not knowing the other terms like "elev" , etc, if I won't be biting off more than I can chew? I will check out your other forum, hopefully this weekend when it slows a little for me. Wish I could spin this chopper up more than twice in a row without a big problem. I did give it a good run on the ground only, and I have no baseline to know what a battery does when it hits its low side, is that it, it will do nothing until charging?

As usual thank all of you very much.

Sterling H.

Tony

Staff member
Yes, you will have to change the Rx. The Dynam one will not work with the DXMX Rx of the Spektrum DX6i. As for plugging in the servos correctly, here is the explination of how you will do it on the AR6110

Your servos are as follows. Center servo (in the front) is your elevator servo and will be plugged into the elevator port on the Rx. Looking from the back the right servo is your aileron servo and will be plugged into your aileron port on the Rx. The left servo is your pitch servo and will be plugged into the Aux port on the Rx. Your ESC will go into the Throttle port on the Rx. Your tail servo will plug into your gyro, and the 3 wire plug will plug from the gyro will plug into the Rudder Port on the Rx. The single wire plug coming out of the gyro will plug into your Gear port on the Rx.

the single wire is used for your gyro gain and you can adjust it from the Tx. However with the GY192 gyro, you will also still have to adjust the pot on the gyro it's self. Don't let all of this confuse you, we will walk you through it all.

The Tx you found on Amazon more than likely doesn't come with any Rx's at all and you will have to purchase them seperately. The AR6110 is going to run you somewhere around $80 by it's self.

And I'm not sure what switch 9 is, but it may lock you out of all other functions except pitch. If you flip that switch back, does it work?

sterlingh

okay Tony a couple of things. I understand about the $149. I have not looked at your link yet but is it safe to assume I'll get the RX with it? I can check that out myself, but I'm just getting home from a little side job ( which by the way now affords me my new dxi6) and am responding to this post before I do anything else. I'm wondering about changing out the RX myself. So I'll have to cut off the tie wraps, then it's just a question of following their wires from the servos back to the RX? When I install the new, I would do the same? Actually what else could it be? Perhaps that won't be as difficult as I think. Just seems like a lot of wires and I do like the neatness of what I have now.

The dip switch number nine is what I was referring to in the last post. I have 10 dip switches at the bottom of this transmitter. Each one of them must be in a particular position, on or off, or up-and-down. The last three are only down when you want to configure. So the pitch dip switch is number nine. So then, to configure my pitch I push down dip switch number nine. At that point I was able to use my throttle stick and get movement ( for the 1st time ever). Not only that, but adjusting the V1 and V2 knobs I could max out or minimum positions. However I ran into a problem while doing it. It just stopped working. Every thing that is.No swash from right stick, no blades. Even though I had a blue light. At that point I had to go do a call, and plug-in the battery, and while I'm home now the battery still not fully charged. I'm just hoping I did not mess it up. The only way I could have is possibly when I plugged in two of the three wires from the motor. Because, for some strange reason I can change the configuration of the motor wires and get different responses. Again, I'm just hoping I did not mess it up.

Thanks
Sterling H.

Tony

Staff member
Yes, the one I linked to will come with an AR6210 and two AR6115's. So a total of 3 Rx. The 6115's retail for about $50, so that's $100 in free Rx's right there. Hell of a deal.

sterlingh

Quick edit. I just tried it with two motor wires pulled.(battery still not fully charged) It worked like it has been working. Then I pushed down dip switch number 9.(to configure pitch) I can move my V1and V2 knobs and the swash moves up and down the shaft. But when I use my left stick I get no movement at all. Question; would pitch on left stick only work with all motor wires plugged in and blades running? Or should it act the same as the other stick and movements? Seems like it should work with everything else. Humm i dunno.. hope this makes sense..

- - - Updated - - -

"Yes, the one I linked to will come with an AR6210 and two AR6115's. So a total of 3 Rx. The 6115's retail for about $50, so that's $100 in free Rx's right there. Hell of a deal."

That sounds like a deal. Will go buy here in a bit. lol cant get away from my computer... Do the rx's go bad or something? Why would I need 3? just wondering?

Tony

Staff member
Yes, the servos should work all the time regardless of if the motor is plugged in.

And you will need 3 for when you get more toys lmao. Or you can just sell them and get an even better deal on your Tx.

sterlingh

Crap then. I must have some kinda problem on the left stick pitch not working at all. I am looking at the link you sent me and getting ready to click commit to heli for ever button. You say 6110 receiver but it comes with the 6210, just a typo, or minor deal as far as hook up goes?

And if I may. What ever problem I have with why the pitch wont work, should get fixed with a new tx and rx no? Hot dayum and I getting good or what? lol J/K but it does seem to me if servos are working then only problem is either TX or Rx in which case will be remedy'ed soon as new Tx and Rx gets here right?

Thanks

Sterling H.

- - - Updated - - -

My bad I see you say 6210

Top Bottom