450 Help with erazor 450

murankar

Staff member
When I got started my first heli was an air hogs. Then I moved to a three channel air wolf which lasted about a month then I bought an eflite mcx rtf. Year and a half it so later I bought the 120sr and a dx5. After I got to Korea about a year ago I wanted something bigger due to wind issues here. So I thought a 250 would be better for the job. Then I found tony on YouTube and the rest is history. I have watched countless videos on the 450 trex and clones and learned a lot. Now I am looking at a new 450 to build which might be this winter.

I have been attempting to fly the 450 since march and I am dieing to get into basic flying around. I have been super cautious and have had my share of hard landings and blades grinding on cement. I also had an accedental spool up while building which caused me a month delay in flying and building. It will come in time. Build it and it will feel like an accomplishment in the end. Good luck

sterlingh

Went to a LHS today to look around. They had two Align heli's but to much money. Picked up a sevo for e razor. Came home installed and all me heli wants to do is spin in circles. I bet I got the new servo installed incorrectly somehow, but I dont know. The new servo is moving the tail rotor blades, but if I throttle up enough to lift off ground all she wants to do is spin in circles. I uploaded a vid that shows what I am talking about. Vid is not to good as I had to go outside to do, and its a bit windy today. I had to hold phone and operate TX at same time. If you can here me I am saying throttle left, throttle right. Moving left stick, to the right or letting it go back to center does not seem to matter.

[video=youtube_share;1QlQDOpQVhc]http://youtu.be/1QlQDOpQVhc[/video]

Thanks

Sterling H.

Tony

Staff member
Your belt is way too loose from the sounds of it. Also, you need to now reverse your tail servo in the Tx and you need to reverse the gyro on the gyro it's self. It's nothing you did, it's just different servos have different directions.

sterlingh

Oh boy, ok Tony thanks. I will get it figured out tomorrow. I thought maybe i could reverse the TX some how and quickly looked that over that again but did not see how. On the gyro I have no clue, but what the hay.. I just about made up my mind and most likely will build the sport t rex 450. Although I wish I could find a good deal on the 450 pro ....

Murankar,

Its encouraging to see people buy a heli and stay in it. I believe I will do the same, but still its nice to see that one can take a chance that they will like something enough to stay with it. Again I think I will, but reading your history just helps confirm for me that I am into a good thing here. Now if I could just make up my mind and get busy I may be able to fly a good heli shortly.. BTW: I did buy a vortex 100 or something like that. A little micro coaxial. I then bought a 3 channel double horse 9104. I dont like flying the DH much any more because it conflicts with my brain trying to learn on a sim to fly a 6 channel.. lol wayyyyy different. I still mess with it though. I can not fly it, only hover half butt, and am afraid to give it my all with that 3 channel biz. If I was already a good flyer of 6 channel I may mess with it more, but then If i could fly a 6 channel I doubt I would have the silly thing.

You in the service?

Sterling H.

Lee

Sterling, I would just nip up those tail blades a bit. Not too tight, just so they don't flop around like that. As you can see in the video at one point a blade got caught behind the tail boom and your belt started slipping on the tail shaft.

stokke

Align 450 Sport, must say I'm a little excited on your behalf :D
Post as soon as you have bought/ordered!!

sterlingh

Lol well that was one a tough one. To early in the morning to spin it up, but I changed the dip switch labeled Rudd < lol to the up position from the down position. Then I pulled of the gyro carefully and unversed it, meaning that its exactly like it was only label is on other side now. Presto it is now running correctly I THINK. It is backwards than it was, but I need to spin er up to see what happens.

Thanks Tony

Sterling H.

Crap, forgot tighten up belt, but did remember to tighten up tail blades a tad...

Lee

If you want to know for sure if the tail is all ship shape. Move the tail by hand in one direction. Let say for this experiment looking from the back of the heli, move the tail to the left. The leading edge (front) of the tail blades should point to the right. Move the tail to the right and the LE of the blades will point left. This shows the gyro is compensation correctly. Now using the rudder stick, move it left, again the leading egde of the blades should respond by pointing right and vice versa. Now you are sure everything is correct before getting any unwanted surprises while spooling up you Brand new shiny helicopter.
Hope this helps.

sterlingh

Thanks lee, as usual very good info. I went to spool up and the dang battery is low. I thought I would let it charge back up. I might go back to LHS today and may get another battery while at it. Hey I am wondering something. This thread is getting long and sometimes gets off topic in as to what I should buy etc. I have some questions about a tx and some other things that dont really relate to my e razor 450. Should I start a new thread to do this?

Thanks

Sterling H.

- - - Updated - - -

Can you Lee or anyone in the know please check this out and make sure its what I think it is. Its the cheapest price I have seen for this bird and I will get it if it includes everything the other kits for this bird includes.I think it does but would feel much better if I new for sure i didn't overlook anything.

Align KX015082 T-Rex 450 Pro V2 Super Combo Helicopter HELI NEWEST VERSION $385.94

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Align-KX015082-T-Rex-450-Pro-V2-Super-Combo-Helicopter-HELI-NEWEST-VERSION-/300696844930?pt=Radio_Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4602edba82#ht_3444wt_952

Thanks
Sterling H.

Lee

I would start a new thread for specific things like Radio choice, setup help, or flying tips. etc to make it easier for the next person to find things of interest.
That heli is the pro like Tonys only with Flybar. The only down side is the tail is torque not belt. Very easily damaged by the beginner. I'd prefer the Sport for you.

sterlingh

Ok nevermind I think I saw what I didnt at first. This one in the link is NOT a Flybarless .. dododo. Looks like I will stay with the 450 sport

- - - Updated - - -

lol I posted then saw your reply. Yes I guess I will stick with the sport. I only thought at that price I would go with the Flybarless .. I can not find the Flybarless for that price anywhere. So I should just go hit the BIN button and Ebay then go get me new dx6i with two free receivers for 209...

Thanks

sterlingh

WOW it's hard to believe this helicopter of mine can be so much trouble. I have not spun this helicopter up more than one time in a row without problems. Honestly, some of them are of my own making because of my newness to this hobby. But nevertheless this is really getting very ridiculous. I have read people with my helicopter have met with some success. God bless them! I have not. After installing the new servo for the tail last night, and making proper TX adjustment this morning, I went to spin it up. No blade action. Charge the battery took care of some other business, went to spin it up same deal. No blade action. I re-checked my TX. Honestly, I'm not sure what I did , this helicopter went full throttle , almost ripping my face off. This is why I am posting this before I even began to think about what happened. Anybody that has read, be careful with this helicopter , because it will spool up all on its own IS TRUE! Okay going to take a breather. I'm a little discouraged now, if I can't even get this thing together how in the world am I going to build a new 450 sport?

Thanks
Sterling H.

stokke

I'm a little discouraged now, if I can't even get this thing together how in the world am I going to build a new 450 sport?

OK, sorry for being so blunt; but you're bird is starting to sound like a pretty crappy product. Based on your comments and descriptions of your Tx, it too sounds top be crap - or at least unnecessary complicated. When you buy your T-Rex and your Spektrum Tx, your mind will be blown - as you will see what actual quality looks like.

Again, sorry for the candidness.

sterlingh

Stokke, No need to appologize because what you say is true. I have done some but not all this because i am new. This heli is just one thing after another, and I have yet been able to see if I can even fly (hover) the dayum thing. I can see now that company's selling this heli should take a hard look at what they are doing. Maybe its me and maybe if I knew more I would have had more success with this heli. Then again if I knew more I would not have this heli to start with. So again selling theses birds may be a ripoff. LOL of course I would say that and I dont want to insult anyone with one, just my experience has been very bad. The new servo arm broke and the metal screw ball is no where to be found. Looks like my new main gear has been roughed up big time. LOL my original is now better than the new one, but then it would be no? If I go to LHS I might pick upwhat I need for this heli, but other wise it will sit for a while. I just kept saying ok this, and ok that, but it dont end. I hope this is no indication how I will be with the new build. I dont like giving up on it and maybe I will get parts for it but i am not making special time and going out of my way to get what I now need for this e razor.

Now I need to find a complete vid on how to build the Align 450 sport somewhere, and get the new one ordered, along with the new dx6i.. I hope you are right on how my mind will be blown away with the new bird. Sorry for the rant, just I have had it. Do not mean to trash anyone with the e razor, only talking about my bird.. Thanks again Stokke for saying what I am feeling..

Thanks
Sterling H.

Lee

Sterling. It been my experience with a lot of shall we say below par helicopters that friends have given me to set up for them, you can get them to fly. But it takes expert knowledge to do that, which a beginner doesn't have. So its a catch 22. Buy a cheaper model to learn, but dont have the experience to set it up properly, so don't learn. The Align helicopter will go together as it is suppose to. The electronics will work as intended. And with a little help from us with the set up, it will fly like a heli should fly. Making the learning experience more enjoyable and faster.
Well i hope that made sense, it did in my head before i wrote it LOL

Tony

Staff member
Made sense to me. You need something that you can not only setup, but is also stable and easy to fly unlike those that need tinkering all the time to work correctly.

sterlingh

just when you thought this thread might be over. Please know have a quick look anyhow.

While I am waiting on my new DX6I and my Align 450 sport combo, I thought I would mess with my E-razor some more. I got it all back together, and it will spool up. However I have the same problem as before. The whole bird just wants to fly in circles. It was recommended since I put a new tail server on, that the direction was different than the old one, to reverse on my TX, and reverse the Gyro physically on the helicopter. I did that with the same results. I do have a dip switch for rudder reversing on the TX, but it seemed like that does not change anything. I have uploaded a video to show you what I mean. With the Gyro in the original position or reversed, with the TX dip switch reversed or not, it seems as though I get the same movement. Maybe it's me I don't know. It was nice getting this bird back to at least where I could throttle up on it. The E-razor is talking to me, and begging me to get this fixed so we can at least hover. Anyway have a look if you can help great if not, oh well we know the history on this bird.

[video=youtube_share;YSZeZS6HNrY]http://youtu.be/YSZeZS6HNrY[/video]

Thanks for any help

Top Bottom