You Log In, You Post In Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony

Staff member
These storm are kicking our ass. Tornadoes, hail, massive flooding, and we have two more days of this crap. But so far just rain at my house thankfully.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
That's good news Tony. I'll tell you I rather deal with a hurricanes instead of a tornadoes because at least you can see the Hurricanes coming and you have the chance to leave dodge if you want. I don't leave "Money to be made afterward $$$" but Tornadoes don't give much warning to give you that opportunity to leave. Hang in there Tony and good luck.

Tony

Staff member
Nah, you can see a tornado coming for a while. Well you can see the supercell coming. That is why I paid dearly for the app that I have to watch the radar. I always know where the storms are. Below is an image of the tornado that hit bridgecreek Wednesday. Pretty impressive.

Screenshot_2015-05-06-17-18-45.jpg

Screenshot_2015-05-06-17-18-45.jpg

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Technology now a days is incredible. They have an app for everything. Good score on that app Tony. That will let you know for sure where it's at. Either way be safe.

EyeStation

Heading out to House of Blues Chicago tonight for some good ol' rock-n-roll.
[video]https://youtu.be/Fjqz2lrPDZ0[/video]

Tony

Staff member
The app is called Radar Scope. It's the only app that I use for radar and I love it!

And we are in another round of it right now, and we are expecting a worse day tomorrow.

murankar

Staff member
Stay safe. When the winds come go get a flight in, lol. Do one of those flights into the wind while autoing. Kinda like cliff soaring.

Let's see, oh army weekend. The one thing that screws up a good month. Well not really because they pay me.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Tony

Staff member
Holy crap, it has been raining all friggin day!!! And I'm not talking a good soaking rain (not that we need it), I'm talking over an inch an hour!!! This is the 5th straight day of heavy rain and severe storms! I know the last two years have been horrible and in a drought the whole time, but dammit man, don't try to make it up all in 5 days!!!

What sucks is, my garage flooded and my RCH banner that is behind my videos got soaking wet. I have no idea how to clean this thing and I"m hoping it will dry without damaging it. Talk about completely sucking!!!

I did get out there and worked on the "Little Green Monster" (my 1995 Craftsman Riding mower). This thing had a cracked frame on both sides just above the front axle and I saw that the cage that the axle sits in had cracks as well. So, with my new welder (I love welding!) I decided to fix it up and sell the mower.

I had to cut the cage for teh front axle out and when I got it out, it had 17 cracks in it. This thing is only 18" long! lol. One of the cracks, right in the center that went all the way around it. Just hanging on by a thread! So about 2 hours of cleaning and welding, the frame and the cage is back in one piece! I cleaned it all up, got a battery for it and painted where the rust was, but now it has a metal grinding sound with the blades on. and with the rain, I was tired of working on it. Talk about soaked today.

Started cleaning the garage and just ran out of steam. I will try to get a blog up tomorrow. Still trying to catch up on life, then I will get started back on the RCH videos that are piling up like crazy!!!

trainrider06

I'll check the app out see if they have it for IPhone.....looks cool.....
Oh yeah we've been getting rain too like crazy, nexts week forecast for even more....I checked the rain gauge out by porch and we had like 3-4 inches since weds....dumped it, checked it again today and had 3 1/2 again....all in about 4 days.
You all been getting hammered for sure, saw weather up your way and looked pretty good coverage for the whole state...
Crazy Spring for sure....has sucked because if it ain't the rain keeping me grounded, its the dang wind blowing 30mph!

- - - Updated - - -

Heading out to House of Blues Chicago tonight for some good ol' rock-n-roll.
[video]https://youtu.be/Fjqz2lrPDZ0[/video]

Looks like you had a good night for head bangin!

Tony

Staff member
So far for the year, we are over 20" of rain. Pretty sure over 15" of that is just from the last week.

Did a crapton of welding today. So much so, I ran out of wire... Sucks when that happens. Wait, that has never happened to me. I will try to shoot some video of my "project" when I get some time... Time ran out really fast this weekend. Lots of work and lots of welding.

Tony

Staff member
Just to let everyone know, I'm still alive lol. Serious flooding here in Oklahoma and tornadoes within a mile of my house as well as getting a little busier at work has kept me pretty busy. Will be trying to catch up on the site this weekend. More rain on the way so no garden work and no welding. Should be a pretty boring weekend.

trainrider06

Just to let everyone know, I'm still alive lol. Serious flooding here in Oklahoma and tornadoes within a mile of my house as well as getting a little busier at work has kept me pretty busy. Will be trying to catch up on the site this weekend. More rain on the way so no garden work and no welding. Should be a pretty boring weekend.
Hey man, was just looking at radar and you guys are getting a crap load more rain I see!
Everything is soaked bad here, and flooding, am sure it's even worse up there.

Tony

Staff member
It's pretty bad, adn we are getting a LOT more this weekend. Not something that we need, not at all. Last year, the lakes were closed because there was not enough water in them and none of the docks ran deep enough. This year, lakes are closed because there is TOO MUCH WATER IN THEM! Got soaked today working in the rain. Suckage...

Tony

Staff member
Hell I guess. Thankfully, my house is on a hill and all the water runs to my neighbors yard lmao.

trainrider06

Yeah probably in a year or two we'll all be squealing for rain! What worries me down here is
just how bad a drought we'll have....if it's gonna be as severe as this flooding is we'll be in trouble!

Tony

Staff member
True dat. I'm prepairing for the rain that is coming today. Supposed to be another 5"+... ugh. Typing this out in the garage while I try to get it cleaned up and everything off the ground. Just destroyed a $700 DSLR camera because of the flooding and possibly the banner you see in the back of the videos. I'm quite pissed off right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom