You Log In, You Post In Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

murankar

Staff member
Yes I have a class there that is 6 weeks long. The Gaui is going along with all my crap for the gaui. Look it up on google maps, it realy exists. Its in eastern Pa north of philly.

trainrider06

Which is it? Eastern or western PA that is so pretty with the hills and such? Been so long since being up that way I've forgotten! 6 weeks? Wow! That's gotta be a heavy duty class, my aircraft tech school I think was 6 or 8 weeks back in the day when I was in the AF.

murankar

Staff member
its eastern PA but west of philly.

As for the class its encompassing network admin and computer help desk stuff. This class is normally 3 or 4 months long. Its like a 2 year degree crammed into just weeks. Of course one has to be proficient in the material but from time to time some are not proficient. my last signal based school was 3 months and I learned line of sight communications with UHF / VHF and satellite. I had to be able to provide data and voice in the middle of no where with just 2 generators and some antennas. This class is about making the connections work from a network stand point. Once the signal is established I have to make it work. Google amry hclos and stt and you will see what I had to learn the last time.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh last night I finally got way closer to finishing up my green screen setup. I need at least two more lights and get the green screen smoth. It still has the fold lines in the fabric. I hope to have this done real soon. No time lines right now since things are tight on the time thing.

trainrider06

its eastern PA but west of philly.

As for the class its encompassing network admin and computer help desk stuff. This class is normally 3 or 4 months long. Its like a 2 year degree crammed into just weeks. Of course one has to be proficient in the material but from time to time some are not proficient. my last signal based school was 3 months and I learned line of sight communications with UHF / VHF and satellite. I had to be able to provide data and voice in the middle of no where with just 2 generators and some antennas. This class is about making the connections work from a network stand point. Once the signal is established I have to make it work. Google amry hclos and stt and you will see what I had to learn the last time.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh last night I finally got way closer to finishing up my green screen setup. I need at least two more lights and get the green screen smoth. It still has the fold lines in the fabric. I hope to have this done real soon. No time lines right now since things are tight on the time thing.

sounds interesting! lucky guy! :)

murankar

Staff member
Oh holy hell. EC5 connectors are no joke to solder. Now I have to resolder the bullets and cut off the housings. I have one last shot at this.

trainrider06

You gotta look real close, some go in through the front some from the back, I about rammed a screw driver through my hand figuring that out....look at the bullets, you'll see a curved end on one side or the other of the bullet connector.

murankar

Staff member
I have a block a wood I used for my ec 3 connectors. I went to Walmart got a set of alligator clips and slipped them into the holes that I made. Clipped in the wires and bullets now all is good. I should have done this sooner. I really need some helping hands.

As for torches, I have the butane solder iron and torch from radio shake. Got it about a year ago. Does a great job also.

trainrider06

For the EC5's it takes 2 sec with bakers torch and the solder jig....just have to be careful of letting too much solder get in the bullet your soldering, it'll puke all over the sides and you'll never get the bullet in the plastic plug then.
For most other jobs I use my dad's old Weller 40a with the screw driver tip, or my Radio Shack variable watt with the flat tip. All I have used for a couple years now..
image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

trainrider06

Yes I have a set myself and use the same technique to do so, when I first did one however I really screwed it up LOL I had so much solder on it that I had to start over LOL.

Tony

Staff member
Well the numbers are in after filing taxes on the site. Last year, it cost over $2000 to keep this site up and running. :shocked:

Tony

Staff member
Not if we can keep the site growing and if my new position works out. I'm about to move to Baton Rouge for a couple of months to start up the commercial side of my business down there, then we are going to come back here on Oklahoma City and start it up here. Might have to go to New Orleans for two months after BR before coming back to Oklahoma and start commercial down there. Completely out of my comfort zone here with a new line of work that I have never done before. And to top it off, I was given the supervisor position the first day I started there. And again, I have never done this before. But if it works, there is a lot of money in it.

trainrider06

Sounds promising Tony, glad to hear! Well if nothing else we could do a R/C-help drive to raise funds for the site, there are so many good people on here, would hate to see anything happen to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom