You Log In, You Post In Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

murankar

Staff member
Just spent the last 14 days doing some army stuff. I spent 4 days learning advanced buddy first aid. Things like neddle decompression and other blood stopping techniques.

From there I went to camp perry, the home of the NRA national championships. Our mission was to get qualified on our M16s or AR15 for the civilians. We also competed in a rifle and pistol match which took place at the same time. Our instructors were from the Army reserve Marksman Unit. These guys compete around the world. My instructor is a Presidents 100 award winner.

We closed out with a 24 hour training evolution which I did not want to do. I don't like doing paintballing and that's what we did but using military tactics. I ended up with poison ivy and 3 blood welts. Not really enjoyable. Anyhow I got a few days off till I start working next week. Now I need to get caught up.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

trainrider06

I am bored out of my mind. 3.25 hours to go.
Are you one of those fidgety fellas that has to be doing something all the time? :wink:
I know I can be that way sometimes, but there are times I just want to zone out,
and not do a damn thing too. Lol

- - - Updated - - -

Just spent the last 14 days doing some army stuff. I spent 4 days learning advanced buddy first aid. Things like neddle decompression and other blood stopping techniques.

From there I went to camp perry, the home of the NRA national championships. Our mission was to get qualified on our M16s or AR15 for the civilians. We also competed in a rifle and pistol match which took place at the same time. Our instructors were from the Army reserve Marksman Unit. These guys compete around the world. My instructor is a Presidents 100 award winner.

We closed out with a 24 hour training evolution which I did not want to do. I don't like doing paintballing and that's what we did but using military tactics. I ended up with poison ivy and 3 blood welts. Not really enjoyable. Anyhow I got a few days off till I start working next week. Now I need to get caught up.

Sounds like a busy bee time, hopefully your not pressed too much for time to get some flights in before starting the new job!

Tony

Staff member
I have moments where I just want to chill. But when I have been "chilling" for two months because my company can't keep business coming in, it gets old fast. And they just tried to make me drive a truck leaking methanol on the muffler. Time to start filling out applications. I give myself two weeks to turn in my notice here. This company has done what I needed it to do and that's get my experience back in a truck. Now it's time to get a real job.

trainrider06

I have moments where I just want to chill. But when I have been "chilling" for two months because my company can't keep business coming in, it gets old fast. And they just tried to make me drive a truck leaking methanol on the muffler. Time to start filling out applications. I give myself two weeks to turn in my notice here. This company has done what I needed it to do and that's get my experience back in a truck. Now it's time to get a real job.

Sounds like a sinking ship, probably time to swim for shore!

murankar

Staff member
Right now I need to find my main blades. I cant seem to find them. Once I find them I am going to the field right quick fast and in a hurry.

trainrider06

Don't be in too big a hurry now! I've rushed out to get a quick flight and forgot to do some important check resulting in a smack down lol so if you find blades don't forget to bolt em on! :wink:

murankar

Staff member
Oh yeah that can be a bad thing. I have had blade grips pop off while spooling up. I almost had a shin injury due to it. Very scary.

Tony

Staff member
Well, I was pretty much fired today. We will see how it goes tomorrow. This has to be the WORST company that I have worked for. From making (or trying to) you drive unsafe trucks with hazardous material on board to doing unsafe tasks while out on site, someone is going to get killed here. I'm really surprised someone hasn't been seriously hurt or killed yet. Like today, at the end of my shift, two other guys (the two "foreman's" lmao) replaced a seal because I would not load flammable liquid on the truck with this thing dripping, and when I flushed the pump out, it was GUSHING OUT!!! All over the muffler!!! Such friggin moron's!!! I just want to make sure I'm not the one that ends up in the hospital or worse, even if it means no time here on the site...

trainrider06

Yeah best thing to do on that is get out! Doesn't do any good to say anything to EPA, state safety board or any of those groups, it's company rules the day till something happens then your the one they point a finger at and say "well why were we not informed of this?"

murankar

Staff member
I started the newest job today. I will be cutting vinyl for Avery Dennison. My actual job is to cut the vinyl from a bulk stock role to a customer set size. I will not be anywhere near the printing portion of the vinyl work. Just cutting and rerolling.

I started the newest job today. I will be cutting vinyl for Avery Dennison. My actual job is to cut the vinyl from a bulk stock role to a customer set size. I will not be anywhere near the printing portion of the vinyl work. Just cutting and rerolling.

Good Luck.. I have heard they are a good company to work for!

murankar

Staff member
Thank you.
The folks I'll end up with have an average of 12 years of seniority on the shift. I am looking forward to starting actual work. One more day of safety training and orientations.

Tony

Staff member
Pretty sure our "lead" driver is going to be quitting by July, so that will put me on top of the drivers list. Too bad it doesn't come with a pay raise lol.

Tony

Staff member
What sucks is, this driver is the ONLY one there that I actually like. He is the only one that is an "actual" truck driver. Everyone else would rather be driving automatics and having their stuff loaded and unloaded for them... Him and I would rather work our butt of because that is what we are used to doing.

murankar

Staff member
This game is causing mt anxiety to kick in overdrive. 51 years since Cleveland has had a championship. We are down to what could be the last quarter of game 6.

- - - Updated - - -

Well no championship this year. Browns NOPE, Indians NOPE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom