You Log In, You Post In Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of you guys might know I lost my heli in a pond last week, hours of searching didn't get it back, waiting for the weather to change and the time to go out in my new a Kayak to try and get it...

But the main reason for this post is to say thank you to a member of RCH for giving me an HK450 heli for free, I can't believe the generosity. Absolutely awesome... I've posted a new thread in members pictures of it with a huge thank you....

If it wasn't for this forum I'd have nothing now, so a big thanks to you Tony too for keeping this forum going...

murankar

Staff member
These guys here are stellar to say the least. We have members here who have been in the same spot as you. I won't mention any names cough cough Gaba cough cough. He lost his trex 450 pro in a field, took about a month to find. Keep looking its bound to get found.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

murankar

Staff member
Well based off of some talk with my daughter today it sounds like the micro quad will not be added to my fleet. She does not know I have it yet so thats good. She informed me of how she wants to fly a helicopter with a camera on it. I told her that that plat form is not a very good platform for a beginner. I then suggested she look into a mini quad to get started. Basically its all I cant afford right now. Anyhow if this new job takes off and I get that part time gig at the Hobby shop then I might be able to get my new radio and pass my 9x down to my daughter then all we need is the quad to get her started. I have looked at two configs of a QAV250 which I think would be the best route since QAV has a great rep with the 500. All together tested and tuned before shipping out the door $545 with all oem parts. I have looked at the KDE Direct motors and ESCs and I think I may upgrade to those loter on since they really are not all that much more than the OEM stuff. That same QAV with KDE is running around $657. Again these prices are before the camera and fpv gear is added, this is for line of sight flying.

ANyhow the RC bug is going to get crazy in this household.

Slobberdog

Put 3 3gx up for sale on our bmfa website, similar to your AMA, and sold 2 within a couple of hours, and only one buyer,

Not sure on the sanity of some people, honestly,

Tony

Staff member
Looks like it's going to take much longer than I thought to get caught up. Time to sell more stuff...

Tony

Staff member
One of these days, I will be able to just sit back and relax... But not for the foreseeable future... All work and no play makes Tony a dull boy...

murankar

Staff member
The Aires ethos pq nano quad is a hit. She loves it, so do I. For such a small quad it sounds like it has a lot of power.
I think this is an ir RX and TX . I had it outside and it felt like I lost signal. I did get it to flip. Not sure exactly how the flip feature works just started pushing and holding buttons.

murankar

Staff member
I am looking at the Ares Ethos 75-QX. Next size bigger and I slightly more beefier TX. Let's see his things go, might be a Christmas present.

Stambo

I am looking at the Ares Ethos 75-QX. Next size bigger and I slightly more beefier TX. Let's see his things go, might be a Christmas present.

Your daughter will be saying "why do you get the bigger one? I want that one now." :)

Last edited:

murankar

Staff member
I am already looking at a qav250. If her school work continues going the way it is now then I'll have a qav250. I found some really good prices on complete kits minus RX and video stuff.

murankar

Staff member
Its about motivation. If I get it and she slacks its mine, if I get it and she excels she gets it. Simple really all it will take is about one grading period and me flying it with her as my spotter.

Stambo

Its about motivation. If I get it and she slacks its mine, if I get it and she excels she gets it. Simple really all it will take is about one grading period and me flying it with her as my spotter.

That's bribery, a tried and tested method to get kids to do what you want them to. :)
Works for me all the time, I like it. :)

murankar

Staff member
Some call it bribery I call it cause and effect. The best part was she started on the real flight 7 with the stingray in fpv view. She actually wanted to fly tonight and I said no because she forgot her homework at school. Her head went low, real low. Kinda like mine now because I can't fly

Tony

Staff member
This is far from off topic chat. This type of chat belongs in other parts of the forum to help out other members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom