You Log In, You Post In Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony

Staff member
Picked a watermelon out of my garden yesterday. Waited overnight for it to cool off and cut that sucker open today. Man, that has to be one of the best watermelons I have ever had.

Stambo

Picked a watermelon out of my garden yesterday. Waited overnight for it to cool off and cut that sucker open today. Man, that has to be one of the best watermelons I have ever had.

All to do with forced growth on commercial gardens.
They use fertilizers that promote growth but nothing to enhance flavour.
Your own garden is more likely to have a good balanced soil with plenty of natural compost applied.
Home grown is always so much better.
I find the same with my home grown eggs, beef, chicken and vegetables.

Tony

Staff member
In the part of the garden where we planted the watermelon, I don't think I added anything. No compost (although the grass that I turned under could have added a little) and I didn't even check my PH this year. I will next year though. and also, I don't even think I added any triple 13, or 13-13-13 for those that know lol. Next year, I will and I will bet I'm going to have bigger melons and everything else. But I have done nothing to the soil. Which is another reason I'm even more surprised this melon is this good. Too bad I hate cantaloupe. We are going to have a HUGE crop of those! We have about 5 that are almost ready and another 25 that are growing.

I also just came back in from tilling all of my squash plants under. We had a HORRIBLE infestation of squash bugs AKA Stink Bugs. I'm talking thousands. So I destroyed their food. They were not producing much anymore anyway.

Tony

Staff member
That is highly possible. Where I have my house has been a field for as long as I know. The only thing planted on it was grass. Until now that is. I'm still wondering if I should plant some winger squash with my bug issue. But damn, I really want some more squash. lol.

wolfman76

In the part of the garden where we planted the watermelon, I don't think I added anything. No compost (although the grass that I turned under could have added a little) and I didn't even check my PH this year. I will next year though. and also, I don't even think I added any triple 13, or 13-13-13 for those that know lol. Next year, I will and I will bet I'm going to have bigger melons and everything else. But I have done nothing to the soil. Which is another reason I'm even more surprised this melon is this good. Too bad I hate cantaloupe. We are going to have a HUGE crop of those! We have about 5 that are almost ready and another 25 that are growing.

I also just came back in from tilling all of my squash plants under. We had a HORRIBLE infestation of squash bugs AKA Stink Bugs. I'm talking thousands. So I destroyed their food. They were not producing much anymore anyway.
I love big melons also.. (oh wait are we talking about the same thing) lol my bad

Tony

Staff member
Woke up this morning with the intention of taking some pictures and posting more stuff on ebay to help us get through the next two weeks when I get my check. And wouldn't you know it, ebay is down. Nothing but a login loop... Ugh...

murankar

Staff member
I am still around but have been busy.
In the middle of working to get ready for the new job, getting my stuff together for my VA disability review and having time to get stuff done around the house.

I got a new toy, unfortunately its not for but my daughter. She wanted an air hog for her b-day. Instead I got her an Estes Ethos PQ micro quad. This plays in my favor two fold. Either its going to be mine or my daughter will share the hobby with me. Will see his this plays out.

While at the hobby store I think I might have gotten a part time gig as a heli guy for the holidays. If I am lucky I might be able to get my servos and maybe even a new TX.

Anyhow that's all that's going on, the Gaui is still down at the moment same for the Protos mini. So no flying. I have however started working on a flying field in real flight 7. Its coming along but not quite ready for mass download. I have a bunch of small details to work out.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Stambo

I am still around but have been busy.
In the middle of working to get ready for the new job, getting my stuff together for my VA disability review and having time to get stuff done around the house.

I got a new toy, unfortunately its not for but my daughter. She wanted an air hog for her b-day. Instead I got her an Estes Ethos PQ micro quad. This plays in my favor two fold. Either its going to be mine or my daughter will share the hobby with me. Will see his this plays out.

While at the hobby store I think I might have gotten a part time gig as a heli guy for the holidays. If I am lucky I might be able to get my servos and maybe even a new TX.

Anyhow that's all that's going on, the Gaui is still down at the moment same for the Protos mini. So no flying. I have however started working on a flying field in real flight 7. Its coming along but not quite ready for mass download. I have a bunch of small details to work out.

How old is your daughter.
My son is nearly 6 and is already doing ok with the nano quads I bought.
He is now also having a ball with my Turnigy Traiblazer.
I hope to get out soon with him and the truck and me FPVing my miniquad to see what we can do.
He reckons the truck is faster than my quad, we shall see. :)
Just have to wait for some reasonable weather.
Awesome thing to be able to share my hobby with my son at such a young age.

murankar

Staff member
She will be 11 on Sunday.

Her birthday marks my 6th month in Iraq 11 years ago that day.

I think she will enjoy it. If not it could be mine. I hope she likes it. It even does flips when you hit the button.

wolfman76

Sweet my 5 n 6yr old boys share my love they destroy the house with my old nikko big brute rc truck I will snap a photo of it and post it it is over 20 years and still runs doesn't have the range it used to but it still runs.. I also have a good possibility of maybe this weekend owning a Team Associated mgt 8.0 nitro monster truck or hpi hopefully the first.. the 8.0 has a 7.2 genesis big block engine fingers crossed will be trading my eagle2 trainer a quad n a foamie for it... fingers crossed

murankar

Staff member
Good luck with that trade. Sounds like you might get the better end of that one.

wolfman76

Good luck with that trade. Sounds like you might get the better end of that one.

God I hope so the guy also has a brand new still in the box mgt 4.6 big blockif the 8.0 doesn't work out or even a hpi or a goliath or mammoth monster truck not sure which he called it many choices. . I am painting a 1/4 scale fg vw bug body for a buddy to get the gas money to go get the monster truck.. I also might have a good chance at working out a deal for a brand new fly-sky it4 tx with a touch screen... oh we will see... lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom