You Log In, You Post In Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony

Staff member
I have not been seeing any issues. I know when the server gets busy, it will lag a bit, and can time out, but not like it was doing when the email settings were all jacked up.

Tony

Staff member
It's only been a day, and I have just sent out that email so there is going ot be a flood of people on the site. I'm going to give this a month and see how it does. I HATE waiting... lol

Tony

Staff member
So the price of the UMX Sbach 342 3D BNF has come down in price. Man, I would love to have this plane. Love flying 3D planes lol. Just no room to fly the ones that I have now adn no money for the flying field. Some day...

Some clubs here will let you use their field as a guest a few times, but if you fly regularly they want you to join and help share the cost of maintaining the field.

Tony

Staff member
It's the same here. It's only $36 a year for the field membership plus your $56 or so a year for AMA. So for less than a bill, you can fly at a field with a paved (kinda...) runway. Only issue is the light polls in the parking lot that take planes all the time and teh dumbass tree at the sound end of the runway. Wish it was more open....

Stambo

I guess being able to step outside and fly a quad from my deck or walk 10 or so metres to fly my AXN makes me hesitant to even go near an organised flying field and pay for the privilege.
I can turn my 42 inch TV on, hook up my FPV gear to it and fly my FPV quad from the comfort of my lounge if I am careful where I go.
(Above the tin roof is a bad thing :))

cml001

I disagree! Granted there is no club for miles of here.. My group fly from a field(county property) that we were asked to use since the field across the street we used to fly from was turned into a public park. If it were a paid club id pay... My disagreement is that I have learned and progressed in rc from being around others... Just as we help each other here on RCH.. I have found it to be of great value. I don't however get to fly with the guys much anymore due to my work schedule.. I usually fly alone.. But given the opportunity to hang with the fellas at the field I'll take it!.. Plus they gotz generators!

- - - Updated - - -

But!.. I would love a back yard or space big enough to just go outside and fly.

Stambo

I am not saying being part of a club is a bad thing but when I turned up at our "local" club (about 1/2 hour drive) with my quad in the car I found a small bunch of old guys that were not at all interested in anything without wings (I am 55 but they were a lot older:)) and FPV was black magic voodoo.
I left very disappointed and wondered why I bothered.
I have a friend that occasionally flies with me at my place and as our confidence increases we will no doubt head to a few beaches or larger parks for some better sights for our FPV flights.
Any help I need has been readily available on the internet (especially here :)) although flying with a few like minded friends is always more fun than flying alone.

danhampson

+1 to that stambo i went to a couple of local clubs, 1 of them they allowed helis but there was one other member who flew them and he just flew sport even though he had been flying helis for about 10 years, he did check my setup and was amazed that i had set it up just from youtube vids and help here.
And the other club wouldnt entertain me because i fly mode 2 (WTF) and i flew helis.

since then I decided to just go it alone, renagade park flier. Im quite lucky as i have quite a few places that i can fly.

cml001

See I don't give two s&-). What u do.. So long as u do what u can do.. It like skateboarding.. We hit the spot.. Kids all over.. Some trying & trying... U go help that kid! Give direction and let him flow.. The kids(or grown ups) standing there holding a board and running the mouth about what they can do but won't ride the board.. Leave them be... Don't bother.. Gotta get some to give some... I wanna go skate.. Haven't rode in almost two weeks.. Think I'm gonna put this DRINK in a tall plastic cup w a straw and do the late night downhill run on the long board.. That's exactly what I need.. I'm out!

wolfman76

See I don't give two s&-). What u do.. So long as u do what u can do.. It like skateboarding.. We hit the spot.. Kids all over.. Some trying & trying... U go help that kid! Give direction and let him flow.. The kids(or grown ups) standing there holding a board and running the mouth about what they can do but won't ride the board.. Leave them be... Don't bother.. Gotta get some to give some... I wanna go skate.. Haven't rode in almost two weeks.. Think I'm gonna put this DRINK in a tall plastic cup w a straw and do the late night downhill run on the long board.. That's exactly what I need.. I'm out!

Have fun man brings back memories when I was younger and rode very little Freestyle trick bike and best I could on a board was slide sideways do power slides kickflips and ollie over parking curbs and curbs

Tony

Staff member
Guess I need to head out to the garage and rebuild this friggin 540. Going to do it in... You will just have to wait and see... If I even do it. Also need to get some videos done... Ugh, busy day and hot as hell...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom