"official" grass cutting heli video thread ;)

Tony

Staff member
Alright, I tried to go out and get some better video but the mcpx had other ideas. I had to reglue the second tail motor back to the primary but it came loose again. When it came loose, it cut the wires to the only motor that was secure sending the helicopter into an uncontrollable piro. From there, things just got worse. From the tail not holding worth a crap with only one motor, to breaking the swash (just the ball, but still), to completely obliterating the landing gear. I think it's time to retire this poor ole helicopter.

Every time I went inverted, or just flying for that matter, the tail was wondering all over the place. I'm kind of in the mood for something different so I may just take the heli and part it out. CF frame, HP05 motor with ESC, batteries and main board. The rest other than the main shaft is toast. I think I will put the money towards another heli. I have had a lot of fun the past two mornings!

Lee

My tail motor is dead on my MCPX. I want a new heli. We should get a 130X or 300X.

Tony

Staff member
I think that is what I'm going to do. The collective on this thing is jerky as hell. Sometimes I can hold a nice stable hover like you saw in the video, others, it jumps around like you see in the video. I was lucky to get what I did. This is the reason I'm thinking about parting it out and getting something new.

Tony

Staff member
I won't get that much by parting it out. It "may" pay for half of the 130x, but I expect much less.

Adam

I love my mcpx as is and dont think i will try to alter it. Great video btw tony its nice to see you flying my move is in two weeks and then there will be som vids again and i finally rebuild the HK 450 thanks to gaba and jesse

Tony

Staff member
Thanks Gaba, I just wish I had a heli that was not spazing out lmao. Would love to see the video, hurry up and get it posted!

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Got about two hours of video. I am gonna be editing them and getting them down to what I can post as a AERO HOBBIES fun fly video. Some amazing pilots like gaui's JC and Mitch pricer from miniature aircraft.

AND the Mikado XXTREME!!!!!!!

murankar

Staff member
YeAh I was there and saw it. In fact my wife in kids were in the video the whole time. Looks like you got more flight time in after I left. Good job.

Top Bottom