"official" grass cutting heli video thread ;)

Tony

Staff member
lmao, I thought about doing the same thing but I was going to tie mine to some fishing line and right after doing it, have the camera pan up and "catch me in the act" lmao.

Whirlybird

:lol: We think alike . . . that's dangerous :lol:

Notice how "jumpy" that thing is when actually flying. This machine never flew well outside, there is not a lot of range in the cyclic. But the biggest problem is the tailrotor motor has a BIG draw on the system so that any tail input slows down or speeds up the main rotor, depending on stick input :yuck:

Last edited:

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
ohh thanks! can you believe I ge 10+ minutes on one tank .. atleast thats what i got today on just the main tank and not even tapping into the header! I love Nitros!

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
I buy a gallon of 30 percent for 18 bucks or may be 20 sometimes. One gallon gives me 10 flights one flight is 10 minutes and that's 100 minutes of pure awesomeness! And add to that. I can throw my fuel in the trunk of my and forget about it till next year and take it out then and fly.

Also!! If I crash I don't ever taco a pack.. Lol and my birds are less expensive to upkeep. Never have to deal with an esc( on bigger birds its getting very common) malfunction and or burn and or worse a burning bird because of a swelled LiPo .. And I go to the field nd on one rx pack get three flights. Another one will get me through one hour of actual flight . Lol I can go on all day!! ;)

Love me some NITRO!! ;D

Last edited:

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
hahaha... I am a nitro freak.. running cost of nitro vs electric is like THE HOT topic of discussion .. Tell you what.. We should make a nother thread.. seariously.. about the running costs :D and I can give you some details.. these things become a HUGE unending thread in a snap.. hahahahahahahah .. :D :D :D

I was just teling you how much I love it! :D

Tony

Staff member
In the end they equal out in some ways, but Nitro is a little more expensive with teh cost of fuel. Batteries are more, but if you treat them right, they will last a very long time. And with brushless motors, there is no wear on them. Whereas with a nitro engine, you have to replace rings and such after so many flights. As gaba stated, it's a back and forth topic. If you just want to fly, go electric. If you like to tune and tinker with birds and get the True (IMO) Rc experience then go nitro. I LOVE nitro, but electrics are so much easier. f

Tony

Staff member
Holy crap Gaba, you are going to make this an even more expensive hobby than it already is lmao. Sounds fun though!

Whirlybird

In the end they equal out in some ways, but Nitro is a little more expensive with teh cost of fuel. Batteries are more, but if you treat them right, they will last a very long time. And with brushless motors, there is no wear on them. Whereas with a nitro engine, you have to replace rings and such after so many flights. As gaba stated, it's a back and forth topic. If you just want to fly, go electric. If you like to tune and tinker with birds and get the True (IMO) Rc experience then go nitro. I LOVE nitro, but electrics are so much easier. f

When I was up at Lakeland RC Club, the smell of the nitro brought back A LOT of memories . . . flying control line Cox planes . . . my first RC helicopters :)

I used to bring my Kavan Alouette to work and run it up in the basement by my spray hood . . . nitro smell was everywhere :yikes:

Top Bottom