"official" grass cutting heli video thread ;)

zenmetsu

Best thread ever. Oh man, Gaba's video cracked me up.

Anyhow, I will take a stab at getting some video of my EXI-250 cutting grass sometime this week. I have a brand new set of blades that need some green on them. :D I just need a way to video record while flying, might need a second person.

Tony

Staff member
I'm so going to have to show you boys up... Just need people to read my blog and talk me into it...

zenmetsu

I am thinking of sticking a keychain cam on my 250... :rotflmao:

The next thread should be "Official 600+ sized heli tree trimming video thread"

Tony

Staff member
There is something wrong with you bro hahahahaha. I think I might take my mcpx and my charger to the base with me and "tune up" the heli. I'm not even sure if the tail will hold. I don't think I have flown it with teh dual tail setup. I just need to show you "boys" up :biggrin1:

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
---> which .. the new blade's coax can do.. people are flying those inverted.. just upside installed blades.. and cut grass!!! YEAH!!! :D

Tony

Staff member
lmao, I have seen people do that to the mSR when it came out. I think they took the blades from the mQX and made it work. Because of the direction, you can't just flip the blades, you have to run a reverse set. This gives me another idea... :biggrin1:

Tony

Staff member
For not flying in so long, I think I did pretty friggin good lmao. Video at 11...

Tony

Staff member
You damn right I did lol. However it wasnt' the patch that I wanted to hit. 3 months of not flying and then throwing yourself into inverted only through multiple batteries shows your loss of control lmao. I will get better as time goes on and I will "mow" this one patch of grass. I was going ot do it this morning, but the second tail motor decided it didn't want to be a part of the mix. I will try to get the video edited tonight.

Tony

Staff member
Alright guys, here is my video. You have to remember, I have not flown anything for months so my control is not there yet. When this video starts, I'm trying to figure out what direction is what lmao. And the heli is going all over the place. But there are 3 times in here when I did hit some grass and didn't crash it lmao.

In my defense, this thing still has the wobble issue from the past and there is something going on with the collective. It will just all of a sudden do a pitch pump on me and go shooting either into the air, or into the ground. It sucks.

In the video, there are times where the audio doesn't match the video. All audio except the very beginning is taken with my good camera, But so you guys could see more of the flight, I added the glasses cam shot even though the resolution is not that great. Man do I need to get a better camera for FPV.

Anyway, here is the flight. I was going to get a better video made up but the second tail motor decided to come loose. I put it back on tonight and you would not imagine just how hard it is to fly under a street light lmao. Many times loosing orientation lmao. But I tried. I will try to get more video later. Now I just need something bigger and more stable...

mCP-X Cutting The Grass - YouTube

Top Bottom