700 New project! Align 700N DFC

Adam

Oh man that motor is sexy lol. I guess you will be polishing that pipe after every flight. My nitro is all ready to fly but i am not good at Nitro Engines so i will wait til i have experiance around me when i fire it up for the first time. And yes this motor has not been ran yet.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
The fan shroud provides cooling to the motor head. It fits around the motor . Helis don't provide enough cooling for the motor cause it sits inside the frame. The shroud has a fan inside it powered by the motor. It blows cool air on the head to cool it. My motor has an added advantage over most. It comes with a velocity stack mounted on the carb. I had to open up the shroud a little to provide clearance for the stack. Otherwise the shroud was cocked in the frame and the fan was hitting it.

Here you can see the shroud and the stack coming up from the carb and going inside the shroud. It's like adding ram air intake to my motor! Lol

image.jpg

You can see the fan up on the output shaft of the motor just before the clutch assembly.

image.jpg

Last edited:

Adam

I was hoping you would start showing what your doing buddy that thing is looking sweet.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Like I said before I'm just doing some small things at the moment. Nothing to show really. I spent most of the day putting my QAV back together and reprogramming it. Trying to get my wireless tx working. So far I can't.

Tony

Staff member
My carb is hitting the shroud as well lol. You can see the mark on the carb where it's rubbing. Now, keep building and taking pics!!!

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
My carb is hitting the shroud as well lol. You can see the mark on the carb where it's rubbing. Now, keep building and taking pics!!!

Next time you have the motor out just take your dremal tool and grind a little bit off the shroud. All I needed was a 1/16 or so and that's with the volisaty stack on it! Lol

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
:evil::evil::evil: Yes it's :evil: But it's starting to come together! Lol.

I've got the servos mounted today. They went together very nicely. Put the landing skids on. So far all in all I'd say its a pretty east build. We'll see once I start on the tail boom. I'm going to have to take it all apart to install the black gear sets. I think it helps that I've allready done a 600 build couple of years ago. So I pretty much know what's what at this point! :lol::lol::lol: well hear are a few pics from today. :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Left side.
image.jpg

Right side.
image.jpg

Elevator from side and top.
image.jpg image.jpg

Pitch and aileron.
image.jpg image.jpg

Throttle and rudder.
image.jpg image.jpg

Finally this is a work saver! I would suggest this handy little tool to anyone and everyone! It is a servo tester. With this you can check any servo you have! It comes in very handy for centering servo horns. Just hook up a RX battery pack to one end. Then your servo on the other. You use the dial to center the servo. Then mount the horn. I usually get them right on using this method. Then very little tx adjustment is need to get your 90 degrees!.
image.jpg

Well that's all for today! Lol more should come tomorrow. Me feeling good permitting!

:lmao::lmao::lmao: :emohi::emohi::emohi:

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Tony

Staff member
I'm sure I put enough of it out there in the air that it got all the way up to you lmao. I had that smell in my nose for hours after the fight, ahem, hover lmao.

Tony

Staff member
The second flight did not go so well. Post in the supporters section. I guess it could have been the same flight since it was the same tank of fuel lmao. I was trying to run it out. Didn't quite make it...

Top Bottom