700 New project! Align 700N DFC

Tony

Staff member
The issue I see is the crankcase is a vacuum, not pressure. The pressure is in the combustion chamber and muffler. IDK, it is what it is.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
The issue I see is the crankcase is a vacuum, not pressure. The pressure is in the combustion chamber and muffler. IDK, it is what it is.

The thing that you seem to not understand is that this engine is a new design. I do not know how they get pressure out of the crank case but they do. Like you said. It is what it is! Lol. From what I read on helifreek there is a lot of pressure there.

Tony

Staff member
I would need to tear the engine down and see it for myself to understand how it all works. Either way, just get this beast in the air lmao. I'm not going to be able to fly the RCH Heli this weekend due to the winds so I need a fix lmao.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
So ok this project is starting to come together! Lol. She's looking like a heli now! Got lots done today. Here's some pics.

First the new black gears installed in he two tail drives. I had to fit the bearings on the gears. A little 200 grit sanding!

image.jpg

Next is the tail boom assembled. It's nice there's two bearings on the drive shaft. My 600 only has one. It's a pretty long tail boom though.

image.jpg

Next is the tail boom mounted in the heli. It sure looks long! Wouldn't think 18 mm would make that much difference ha ha! I guess I'll eventually have to get the 710mm blades just so it looks cool!

image.jpg

Now the front of the machine!

image.jpg

Side view with the head installed!

image.jpg

Next from the tail!

image.jpg

Next the right side of the machine!

image.jpg

Next the front!

image.jpg

So now I have to install the flight control. Set up the head and tail. Then go thru all the screws on the frame and lock tight them. Hide all the wires. Set up the ikon. Oh and yes I have to uninstall the starter head, grind a flats spot on the shaft. It keeps spinning on the shaft when I hook up the starter motor. Go figure! Lol oh well.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
I had enough room to get my dramel in between the frame and grind a flat spot in the starter shaft. Put a piece of paper over the bearing and ground a flat spot! Starter works great now! Lol I need to find a long ruler with a cm scale to dial in the tail slider linkage rod to 88.2cm. Mine only goes to 50cm. I hope my landlord had one or I'll have to go buy one! Lol.

Westy

LEGEND
just get a piece of string .... use your 50 cm ruler and mark at 0 and 50 .... then re use your ruler to get the remaining 32.5cm ... and make you third mark .... there is your length!

Karubah

Just a thought but string can stretch so you could use a thin piece of wood possibly dowel or something that won't stretch even marking your work table to the set length might be of help. cheers Andy.

Westy

LEGEND
only stretches if you pull it .... we are not stringing a bow! haha .... simply using it as a gauge

Heh ehehe

Tony

Staff member
I never worried about setting the length of the tail rod. I just screwed it together, 90'd the servo to the rod and adjusted the rod length to get the slider right in the middle of the tail shaft. Simple as pie.

Karubah

Sorry Westy, wasn't trying to rubbish your string measuring stick lol, just that some of these synthetic strings require very little force to stretch, I have come unstuck before using this method. Tony's idea sounds pretty good to me.... Cheers..

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Tony here is a pic on my canopy. Decals I need: 2 www.rchelp.com in I'm thinking white, what do you think? 5 1/2"x1/2". Then: 2 Sam Zirilli Jr, same size. Unless you think a different color. With all the colors in my canopy, I think white will stand out the most. The rest of the lettering is in chrome. Here's the pic!

image.jpg

image.jpg

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
I'm leaning towards white. I have some yellow decals for my t maxx. I didn't like them with my canopy colors. Another project I haven't got to yet!

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
So all righty then! I've got her all ready for the set up faze! Just finished up mounting the two in one, the remote RX's, and hiding all the wiring. All that's left is setting up the bird, Ikon, and TX. Anyone out there have a good set up for my dx8 and the Ikon? I could use one! Please! Lol. After the setup comes the tedious job of taking all the screws out one by one and lock tighting them. Can't wait for that job! Hmmm wonder if I could get a helper to do that! Ha ha! Well here is some pics of what I've done today.

First is the two in one switch and one of the remote RX's above it.

image.jpg

Bigger view

image.jpg

The outer side with the second remote RX. This one is mounted in the back by the tail boom.

image.jpg

Next is the top showing the mounting of the Ikon bad battery. Notest the wires go directly into the bird. None of them are on the outside of the frame!

image.jpg

Lastly is my bird with the canopy on it! She's pretty! Yes she is. Ha Ha He He!

image.jpg

Well there she is ready for the next to final step. The setup!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Westy

LEGEND
Tony here is a pic on my canopy. Decals I need: 2 www.rchelp.com in I'm thinking white, what do you think? 5 1/2"x1/2". Then: 2 Sam Zirilli Jr, same size. Unless you think a different color. With all the colors in my canopy, I think white will stand out the most. The rest of the lettering is in chrome. Here's the pic!

View attachment 5819
Yep I reacon White .... tuck it down under the nose in the blue! ..... RC-Help! Leading the Way!

- - - Updated - - -

Man that looks like a mean machine! Very tidy indeed!

Top Bottom