General DX6i and Titan Raptor 50

Heli 66

[video=youtube_share;3lvwajqxs9w]http://youtu.be/3lvwajqxs9w[/video]Borrowed camera. Hard to shoot withcamera and hold tx at the same time. I will try and see if the wife will help me out and do a better vid.

Last edited:

Heli 66

[video=youtube_share;3lvwajqxs9w]http://youtu.be/3lvwajqxs9w[/video]OK changed it to public. let me know if you can see it or not

Tony

Staff member
Yup, we can see it now. Everything looks great. It seemed like your fingers were shaking worse than the heli lol. One thing to remember though, don't be afraid of the rudder stick. Keep that tail pointed towards you and when you are ready to fly, make sure to have the canopy on. Heli is looking great though.

Tony

Staff member
I didn't think it would, but that feeling does go away after a while. Can't wait to see this heli out in a field getting some air. If you have not done it yet, check out my flight school. It will help you get into the air the first time. Just click the link below.

Rc-Help - Rc-Help Flight School

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
There you go tony came to the rescue here! :D

Just want to say man! you have done a GREAT JOB TILL NOW!!! KUDOS!! this looks amazing... now before you can get a pitch gauge and actually do the pitch settings on your heli correct. Would highly recommend.. or say BAN you from letting this heli see any air.. :p :p .... I hope tony agrees with me on Banning someone here :p :p heehee.. jk.. I mean its your choice obviously.. but till you have that pitch gauge, and have the exact same pitch set on both blades, and pitch and throttle curves set like they are supposed to.. Please donot attempt a flight. its a HUGE bird, and dangerous.. :)

Once done. Tony's flight school will guide you through everything related to getting in the air.. :)

Once again GREAT JOB ON THE SETUP till now! :)

Tony

Staff member
I agree and was going to say the same thing but had to leave work and head home. 14 miles and I forgot lmao. But yes, before you get a pitch gauge, do not fly that heli. You can have pitches that are way out of wack causing massive vibration enough to tear the heli apart. It's a $3 tool that is a MUST HAVE for CCPM heli's.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
hee hee more like 15bucks in hobby shops :p heehee.. but it pays itelf off the first time your blades are tracking and your heli ifts off the ground an inch in one peice lol

Heli 66

I welcome the ban, After all you guys helped me with it would be a shame to try and fly without doing something that you guys strongly suggest so beleive me i wont do it, even trottling up as far as i did got me shaking, so to think i can just go out and fly would be a dumb move. Thanks again. Will see tommorrow if my LHS has pitch gauge,and i am sure i will have more questions. In the mean time i will practicing be on the Sim. and Tonys flight school

Tony

Staff member
Yeah, I need to get my 450 back and finish all of those videos lol. Sucks when you get burnt out and want to try something new when the site is not doing so good so you sell all of your heli's and purchase planes then everyone wakes the forum up with heli's hahahaha. Run-on sentence MUCH... :chuckles:

Heli 66

Just got a Pitch Guage. This is what the pitches are before i adjust them. - 4 degrees low stick, -2 degrees mid stick, and +11 degrees full stick. Pitch curve is set at 40-45-50-75-100

Tony

Staff member
You need to check the pitch in idle up, or a linier pitch curve (0 25 50 75 100). I'm thinking your swash is just a little low, but not too bad. Check it with that t-curve and let us know what the full negative pitch is as well as mid and full stick.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
ok... now go to Idle up where your pitch curve is 0-25-50-75-100... and see if at low stick you have -11.. and mid stick 0 and high stick +11 on both blades. once that is confirmed, put a thick (visible) colored stripe color your blade tips one red and one black.. or something like that two different contrasting colors, (to check for blade tracking when you spool it up), and you are done my friend.. raptor is good to go.. are the needles on your engine on default settings or leaned out a bit. where is your high speed? recommend leaving the low speed needle on its default position for now. if not dying on idle (being too rich) go may be .5hours or max MAX one hour on the low needle.. too much will ruin the engine.. I burnt one engine like that. :) helis dont like running lean at all... you always want these engines on the richer side starting out. :)

Do recommend checking over your fuel line now , seeing if its flexible, doesnt have a leak or crack and if the heli moves around, upside down, the fuel clunk is following the movement. if you have a foam fuel magnet in place of the clunk.. a 100percent chance that it is bad and needs to be changed. I recommend using a OS bubble less clunk .. but for now if its on the stock or any other clunk except the foam one, check if its clean and stuff like that. seemed like the engine was rich and fuel was obviously getting to it, but this is just a check.. if you have already checked it, then great!

Check if the blades are perfectly balanced both on weight and CG.
Pre flight check before engines starts:

Swash is responding in the right directions with stick inputs,
Tail is too
Gyro working and correcting in correct direction
throttle stick up swash up, throttle stick down swash down.
throttle servo is moving in the right direction when throttle hold is removed
throttle cut button is taking the carb all the way to zero.
Idle up is off (f.Mode is off)
blade bolts are the correct tightness.. refer to this video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tjP9P0Tt10 I am not sure if Tony had such a video or not. but I knew this one so referring to it.
Then follow tony's video on blade tracking and see if you can get them to track ...

After that put training skids on this thing, and follow tony's flight school.. :) you are set! :)

Last edited:

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
ohh ok tony typed a response before me... lol... but anywaz.. yeah go to idle up in your tx.. obviously with the engine off.. lol and recheck. :)

Top Bottom