General DX6i and Titan Raptor 50

murankar

Staff member
Tony;
It is well received. This was my first rc forum and now I live here. I read almost every post. I have learned so much in so little time.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Heli 66... so by this point you should have the swash levelled up perfectly.. going full up and full down on the pitch must keep the swash level all the way..

throttle is set. Tail pitch slider is set. gyro is connected to the right port..

Next is pitches and gyro correction direction. now with pitch curve set to (0-25-50-75-100) or (0-50-50-50-50-100).. check the amount of pitch you have positive and negative with a pitch gauge. The point here is to get equal throws, and get atleast +12 at maximum stick position, and -12 at low stick position. You can follow Tony's videos to do that setup he explain that very well.

once done with that... you can folow his video to setup your tail gyro.. the gyro in the video (if its gy48v) is the chinese copy of your GY401. follow the directions there to setup your tail correction direction, and tail pitch slider center, and then the heading hold and rate mode. Video is worth a million words.. so it'll help. If you get ocnfused let us know here. we can explain it .. I had that gyro on my century before i went FlyBarLess (FBL).. so I know those switches on that gyro.. :) so does anyone who has worked on gy48v too :)

let us know. once this is done.. we are done the mechanical setup of the heli frame... all will be left is the engine and throttle on the carb.. at this speed you will see air much sooner than you think.. :D

so what did you decide? you keeping the fuselage on ? :)

Tony

Staff member
I would change the "at least" to "at most" on the pitch. You don't want over 12 degrees of pitch on your blades.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
yeah.. why I said atleast.. is that manual says 15 degrees on the raptor.. I dont wanna be sounding like I know better than the company that designed it.. lol :D

BUT I TOTALLY AGREE with tony.. 12 degrees is ATMOST a beginner or anyone till you go to crazy 3D lol..

Last edited:

Heli 66

futm0820.jpgI think i will leave the fuse off for now, No point in having another expence when it can be avoided. I wish i had a video camera to record every thing i have done to this point. I will see if i can borrow one . New swash should be here tommorrow, once installed then i will do adjustments. i dont have a pitch gauge, i will have to get one,so i guess for now, class is dismissed,unless there is somthing i can do while i'm waiting for swash. multigov_pro_lcd_200.jpg

futm0820.jpg

multigov_pro_lcd_200.jpg

Last edited:

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336760561.327111.jpg

Can you see the marking I made on the carb that was much over 1/8th carb opening. my idle is where the arm is at right now. Now you can set this... Setting is done by trims. If you have done nitro before then you know.

Throttle hold needs to be off as the trims don't work on TH. on normal mode.. Throttle stick at zero.. (If you have a visual of the carb great, if not,) just use my pic as a kind of a scale, and set up the trim. Try counting an remembering so if by chance you bump it sometime you know where it goes.

After that, once you feel it's good, take a pic post it, and also during the same time , hot throttle hold, your throttle will go back to zero.

Now go to throttle curve settings and get to menu for hold, on the percentage , set it to say about 5percent. I click throttle hold from the switch see and feel if the servo twitches. See which way, increase or decrease the percentage to get it to not move at all at throttle hold set and release.

After that, add .5 percent to the throttle hold (cause Rhys where you'll start your engine) and it'll for sure start, and then it can idle on a bit lower carb when outside TH. .5% won't make a huge difference in Rpm but will definitely help start faster.

Go to setup menu and make sure that your throttle cut switch is enabled ... Try it, the button on top right and see of throttle goes all the way to zero no matter where it is.

Then before turning off the heli (just for test and test purpose only) out throttle all the way up or somewhere in the middle and turn off the TX. See if the throttle goes down all the way to idle or zero. If not we need to setup the failsafe by rebounding the rx to tx with all sticks at their respective zero positions.

Now your engine is the os-50 sx or sx-h?? You can recognize a sx-h as it has a big blue heat shrink head.

I see that you got this bird built? Do uou know ye condition of the engine? Compression as all?

Highly recommend unmounting the engine now and opening it all the way going over it in detail.

Let us know if you need help with that :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336760561.327111.jpg

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
The second pic looks like its a multigov programmer and first one is gy701. Which one you have?
701 I don't think works without 7 channels on your tx and rx both. Please correct me if I am wrong. But I know... you DONT NEED it.. cause it is a gyro and governor... you have a gyro.. while 701 gyro by itself is amazing.. digital.. i used its brother gy520 on my vibe when i had it flybarred.. but 401 is like the oldie goldie trusty type .. 1000's of them being used still out there.. I tell you with confidence.. lol i have seen and heard of 2 out of 5 people you see have used it or are using it.. :D

Dx6i works with multigov and multigov pro for sure.. Here are mine

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336761447.973661.jpg

Multigov pro:::
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336761486.271769.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336761447.973661.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336761486.271769.jpg

Last edited:

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
uploading the pic of the carb again. tapatalk wants more money to upload more pics to anywhere now.. i have to use "this forum" option and it down scales the image... TONY.. CAN YOU CHANGE SOME SETTINGS TO GET BETTER RESOLUTION ON THE UPLOADS " TO THIS FORUM" in TAPATALK BUD?

uploading from the computer..

IMG_0945.jpg

Tony

Staff member
I have the settings in tapatalk to only allow uploads to the forum because I'm sure the members would rather have their pics here, than on the tapatalk servers. but, if everyone wants to upload them to tapatalk, I can do that as well.

Tony

Staff member
Actually, I have it enabled already. I made that change when I updated it. Not sure what is going on.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
ohh no .. the tapatalk is actually not letting me upload to tapatalk which is fine by me.. but try this.. whenever you upload a pic to through tapatalk on to this forum's server (by selecting "THIS FORUM" option from mobile phone) , it gives only two resolution options.. and see the difference between the pics from through tapatalk on this forum in best resolution and computer to this forum. i was hoping there might be some setting you could change to get that resolution better .

Tony

Staff member
the two images that I just uploaded, I think I see what you are saying. The first one was to the forum, and the settings here are to put them into thumbnails that you can click on for a larger image. Teh one I uploaded to tapatalk are shown full size which could be an issue with large images. But, both are quite legible.

Heli 66

OK trottle stick at zero, carb should be at 1/8 open correct? and then when i hit throttle hold it should go back to zero correct?? moved throttle to wide open and hold throttle cut and goes to zero correct? Engine is a SX

Last edited:

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
thats good.. now setup the throttle curve on the throttle hold to match the idle settings on your normal mode. so that you can start the heli in throttle hold, and when you wanna cut the engine power, you can press the throttle cut button on top of your dx6i..

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
can you post a pic of your 1/8th open setting on your carb.. ? like the one i posted....

after we get done with setting this up, do let us know what do you about your engine.. if its a os 50 sx or sx-h.. and then if its in a good condition inside.. piston piston ring, rods, liner bearings and stuff... if the engine dies mid air, you have to auto the heli down, being new I wouldnt take that chance.. thats why you wanna make sure your engine is gonna run without fail.. :)

Heli 66

014.jpgOK, Now, Stick at zero i got 1/8 opening and when i flip throttle hold i got 1/8 opening and when i hit throttle cut carb goes to zero My engine is a 50 SX, I have had fired up when i first go it ,seems good,i dont know if it needs fine tuning,but your right about looking it over real good.

014.jpg

Last edited:

Heli 66

As far as pitch curves ,should set them at what you said in post #9 or at what you said in post #23 or am i missing something.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Beautiful!! Yeah I still recommend checking over the stuff.

Your throttle cut button is working? Should take the marker on carb all the way zero.. Then I am guessing you know a bit about nitro engines .. If it was planes, engines here are similar but tuning limits are different .. Very different. The way to tune is different too. I think default for your needle is low speed straight in like with carb opening and high speed 1.5 turns out.

Last edited:
Top Bottom