General DX6i and Titan Raptor 50

Heli 66

I don't think thats what it is, but like i said ,i have no clue what it is. There are no identifing marks,names,or anything else one it. I took it to a hobby shop and they dont know what it is,i dont even know what size the motor is,no name on it eiather,when i asked hobby shop what size motor,their reply was " a big one, " its like they really didn't want to help me out. I asked what i would need to get it going,and i just a bunch of UH,UM UHs,so i just left it at that and figured i would find out on my own. When i bought the Raptor,the guy through that one in for an extra $50. He told me that it was a Trex and any 550 or 600 parts would work on it. I would'nt mind fixing it up. I know it needs 4 servos,ESC, GYRO,Battery,. I have a Rx,its a Spectrum AR6100, but don't i need to know the motor size so i can get the correct batt and ESC? OH yea it needs a set of main blades

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
i would compare it to the raptor.. tail boom to tail boom.. might be a 550 size.. we can tell you the servos you gotta use.. helicopter company doesnt make a difference. all you need is an esc... and get a 100a and you'll cover your base. get standard size servos like your raptor. s3152 or whatever on cyclic of that size torque and speed. setup is exactly the same as the nitro minus the engine. tony's video directly apply. and blades would be 550 or 500.. take it to a hobby shop.. put kbdd tail blades on it of that size.. if it doesnt have its own. and then check if the blades are giving you engouh clearance from the tail blades like far enough .. fo flex... pick a canopy you wanna fit on it.. fit it.. and a gyro and a fast tail servo (9154 9157 DS650 (i think)) will work.. and you'l see air.. thats all.. I mean the heli is there at your expense.. soon enough you'll find out what it is.. :) for now... the best thing is to just freakin convert it to FBL and not have to care about head parts anymore. just any old FBL head that size will work.. anywaz... its cool that you got it for that cheap.. lol sounds like a steal.! :)

Heli 66

The canopy that i put on the raptor came off of that one. I think i am going to order the right canopy,landing skids,boom supports,and fins for the raptor,i just don't feel right rigging it up with things that i have to modify, If it was a car or truck i would have no problem,but since it leaves the ground i dont want to take any chances of something going wrong. I will just put all of that stuff back on the elec heli. It has tail rotor blades on it, Raptor is about 5 or 6 inches longer

Last edited:

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
hahahaha.. this hobby is all about rigging up man! :) hey if you got the money to order all that do it.. but here is my two cents.. I am cheap.. (in most cases :D :D ) I like it when 5 dollar things work out and I dont have to spend 50 bucks on something. see what length the canopy holders are on your raptor.. there are canopy holders that actually have screw in canopy mounts so.. once you have that in.. there is NO WAY the canopy is coming off that heli in flight.. untill you use that thumb screw to screw it back out. if you want more info.. tell me your canopy holder lengths on the back canopy mounts. I can research that holder for you and the screw that'll go on it..

but thats what I would do to save my money for now.. :p :D .. I use cheap stuff on a heli until I know its gonna fly right and I like it or am comfortable with it.. then fancy stuff goes on it.. :D :D

Heli 66

I could probably live with the canopy,I think it's more the boom supports that worry me, They are carbon fiber,but they just seem flimsy to me. and the landing skids seem to small. I mean that what i was thinking, if i could put all the stuff from the elect heli then it would save me $120. Maybe if i stare at it long enough it will grow on me.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
break them before you buy more.. lol you are starting out.. :D :D IMO...

Canopy.. get something from HK or something.. 15 bucks... may be.... fit it.. and you are good to go.. I mean.. you can get creative with stuff like that.. these are wither cosmetic or supports. supports.. go to the hobbys shop, find any support that can fit.. it realy wont make a difference. .. you gotta have it.. doesnt HAVE to be the same heli's.. they are metal / carbon pipes :D

Heli 66

Not to change the subject .I need to get a lazy susan or somthing to make sure my tail is adjusted good before i do any hovering

Heli 66

How come with some of the DIY training gear you see the heli on top of the gear and on some you see the gear above the skids.

Tony

Staff member
personal preference. I put it on top because there is a less likelihood that it will fall off if you break a zip tie.

Heli 66

Broke throttle servo horn, i cant get throttle settings back to the way they were. Do i have to reset Tx and re enter everything that i have already entered?? " I'm So Confused"

Tony

Staff member
You shouldn't. Just replace the servo horn then use subtrim to put it back to where it was.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
how did that happen? anywaz.. if this is the servo horn on the servo .. (not the engine) .. if the horn is still installed on the servo right now in its position how it was. just turn on the tx and heli.. let servo take its position. now without disturbing throttle stick on the tx, just try to get a new horn on there as close to the old one's angle as possible.

if its iff already.. then try to get the new horn on in a way that without changing the tx setings, you are getting 0percent on throttle cut and 100 percent on full throttle cut (you might have to go back down on the throttle trim (but remember how many you go down), and then, just on zero throttle zero carb and 100 percent throttle 100 percent carb. shouldnt take much time.. :) its easy..and stuff like this happens :)

Heli 66

Cats jackin around on bench and knocked it off, I hope thats the only thing thats wrong, will give it the once over and those dang cats are in so much trouble if something else is wrong. Oh yea,i found the fuel leak, it was the muffler,where the muff bolts to the head, Warped,put straight edge on it and you could see all kinds of light, took a file to it and straightened it out, will find out if its fixed when i fire her up next time

Last edited:

Heli 66

yea, i do now. When i told you it was leaking there was'nt. guess i should have really checked it over better seeing how i bought it used

Tony

Staff member
It's all good. As long as you are using one now you will be fine. Man, you are really close to a maiden flight of this beast. And you know we want video lol.

Heli 66

Yea i know, i getting more and more excited, gonna have to get the wife to help with video when its time. i've been on 4 wheels to long , time to take to the air.

Top Bottom