General DX6i and Titan Raptor 50

Heli 66

When lifting off while on Simulator and heli slightly pitches forward and to the left,can i expect that in real flight? Just want to know what to expect so i can be ready for it. Also remember the fuel leak? Warped muffler connection, The only way for that to get warped is being to lean and getting hot correct?

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
There are multiple ways for aluminum to warp. You can just use a file and make it flat again. As for how they take off, all clockwise rotating main blade helis will go to the left on takeoff because of the force of the tail motor. Once it's in the air, you wil see the heli leaning to the right just slightly. As for going forward, not if you have the swash setup correctly.

Heli 66

I think i'm gonna get a swash leveler, I just don't like the way it leans to the left when doing short hovers as i have to kapt adjusting, and at this point of learning i'm afraid my thumbs are gonna get all confused and then something not so good is gonna happen.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
swash leveller is good cant ever hurt to have an extra tool :) check out rdlohr's stuff.. its a bit overpriced.. but he makes these swash levellers that you dont have to remove the head to put those on, and they just slide on to your shaft. I havent personally used any.. but people like his stuff.. so see what you can find.

if its going left too much.. just pop the right swash ball and shorten it two turns.. see if just that might help..

sometimes, even if you eyeball and level your swash.. sometimes even with a swash leveller.. the CG might not be perfect center on all three axis ( and there is only so much you can control on that) .. and there might be a bit more weight on one side than the other. so just shortening one side will basically be like a mechanical trim that'll never change until you want to.. I prefer this rather than TX trim personally.. so if by chance you bump it one way.. or the other, you can mess it up one bit at a time. lol.. but thats personal opinion.. you can use tx trims to do that trimming too.. let us know what you do and what you find out.

Top Bottom