General DX6i and Titan Raptor 50

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Lol join the club.. Recommend using 30percent fuel.. It's easier to tune these engines (OS) on 30 percent .. And better power.. :)

I m not great either. I know how to.. Have tuned both my helis, but still struggle with it sometime.. I definitely know enough to get you going and tuned for good power. That's all you'll need right now. :)

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
That's the sensor for a governor . There is probably a magnet sitting on the clutch. And this is a hall effect sensor for picking up rpm. If this is connecting somewhere that's your governor.

Great that you hbe this preinstalled , this makes your life much easier. Because if not you would have to unmounting Fe engine and clutch, drill a hole, epoxy a magnet And then balance the clutch for a magnetic sensor.

If this doesnt work I'll tell you a work around (backplate rpm sensor) to bypass all the above states mysery

Does this connect to somewhere?

Heli 66

Just followed the wires and they go nowhere, There is some velcro backing on the heli. It must of had one on it and was taken off before i bought it. So i can remove it?

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Yes... But let it be. It's probably set to align with the magnet. So dont remove it. Youll have to go through a huge hassle to reinstall it, align it, when you get the governor.

Tail pitch slider and gyro set. ?

Heli 66

I need to re install the tail rotor, had to remove it when i removed the fusalage. Are you asking if i did the set up yet? No, still going to look at Tonys vids and make sur i am doing the right thing.

Heli 66

The second time i started it, i accidently HOT started it and the Clutch and Clutch bell Exploded so i replaced ,Just thought you should know

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Hahahaahha you got a ht start experience already.. :) and you already replaced it... Means your old clutch os gone. So yeah just take that sensor down.. When we need to set a governor, we can get you setup with backplate sensor. They are a miracle lol.. It's so easy...

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Gyro light... Blinks when it's been subject to vibration and it's detecting an error. See if you can reinitialize... See of the connections are correct.. Connect any old servo to it, see it corrects one way or the other...

Heli 66

Pluged a servo in and i got movement,got it set at 75 and 25 when on HH light stays on, when on norm it is off. is this correct. it seems like i did somthing wrong alot of buzzing from tail rotor servo,also turned power off and then on and gyro light starts blinking again

Last edited:

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Buzzing is good in most cases. It's trying to correct the movement that gyro is detecting.

Servo type: if wrong on the gyro (digital or analog) will make the servo buzz too much. Servo specs tell you what type it is, and use dip switch on the gyro to select right type of servo and it'll reduce.. Gy401 sometimes likes to be reinitialized , and when you put your tail together. Right servo and right everything, it'll get just the right amount of load on it, and it'll behave. Don't worry. :)

Heli 66

Got the Swash plate today and just installed it. I just thought of something, I dont have the Vertical Fin,Stabilizer Fin,or Tail support rods,or origanal canopy for this heli . When i bought it Fusalage was allready installed. So i can either save the money for those things or put Fuse back on.Right now i'm going over our previous posts and making sure all my settings are correct,I don't know why ,but i'm a little confused by the tail set up, i got to get it right because once the fuse is back on ,i can't get to Gyro or tail servo

Tony

Staff member
Just set the tail up in Rate mode so it's centered on the blades, linkages and servo arm. Once that is done, if you are running a good gyro, it will correct for anything that you have not put in there. Everything else will be done in the Tx under the gyro settings. don't adjust teh travel adjustment for the gyro except to program in end points.

Heli 66

OK. Reciever question. AR7000 rx with sat Postioning Horizontal ? Vertical? On top of battery ? Below battery?

Tony

Staff member
You want to mount them away from anything electrical, and make sure the antennas are going in different directions. One Horizontal one vertical.

Top Bottom