Micro 130x Bling

Slobberdog

Well frame fitted, took 5 mins to strip 2 hrs to put back together, but now looks great.

image.jpg

Quick test hover and its spot on, no visible vibes, or spool up vibes, so I am a happy man, would test fly but it's a little dark, lol.

image.jpg

Slobberdog

Well I was bored last night so I added a second tail guide support as it is supposed to stop flex in the tail servo rod, but I cut away as much as I could have of the not required bits to make the part as light as possible,

I also weighted the full Heli without a battery and it came to 119g I think the stock Heli comes in at 84g ish so wow that is a mega amount of weight gain, no wonder the stock motor struggles when you load these up with mods, that is an incredible 42% extra weight for the motor to contend with.

So for all out there who want to upgrade, in hindsight I would not, it not only nearly doubles the weight but costs a fortune to do, yes I have seen quite a gain in stability but for the fun factor I would say beat it as it came out of the box,

Slobberdog

Yeah I think all I need is

Head block
Skids
Tail boom supports
Torque tube drive
Tail slider links
Sleeve on tail drive by the c and d gears

Would just need the servos and 3 in 1 board, but that's where the expense is, if I have no bites on my for sale ad I will get the bits and build a second stock heli that is without the electrics, until I find some on flea bay at a good price.

Slobberdog

Update, flew 3 packs today on the 130 and really like how tight this heli now feels, in fact it feels a lot more stable and flyable than my 450 feels to me at the moment, but I will be trying to fly my 450 more, the 130 is so easy to carry around and just can be used nearly anywhere, so that is why its getting so much of my attention and flight time.

Slobberdog

Well just got some good news, the servo I had go bad HH are replacing, should be with me for the end of the week, yey

Slobberdog

Well I had a bit of play left in my tail after my crash and its due to the fact I had to put my plastic tail slider back on the Heli as I had problems with the Xtreme one sticking, well there is a bit of play in the pitch links as well as the main body of the slider so I need a new one,

I went on to the Internet to look at ordering one and found the Microheli pro tail set up for the 130x, wow it looks nice, double bearing slider, double pivot input arm, metal links and weighted blade grips all in all it looks sweet.

When I get it as normal I will post pics and let you guys know what it is like. Don't seem to be much info on it yet, so at the moment I feel like a guinea pig but hey ho, and my supplier only had one, may be putting some ally tail parts up for sale soon that will become surplus to requirements, keep a look out in the for sale section.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:

Slobberdog

Yeah by the time I spent for a new ally pitch slider and a new std one for the arms I put the extra cash in and got this, will probably get rid of my spare Xtreme stuff to offset the cost, but this seems alot beefier on the pivot and therefore should be less play,

cn63bug

Yeah it looks pretty solid. It's tempting, but looking at getting a protos in the next few days, so it would have to wait. :)

murankar

Staff member
You will love it. If the 500 is anything like the 450 it is going to be a tough bird. It will take some light hits but if you plow it like i did then you'll see some damage. Believe me MS Heli makes a great kit that flies really well.

Slobberdog

Well I have the part in my grubby mitts and man this thing is nice.

Bearings throughout no plastic to be seen, the movement seems to be silky smooth and near as dammit no play, the double pivot arm connects on to the slider with bearings top and bottom, I think this assembly has 15 bearings in total, can't wait to finish work so I can go home and fit the thing,

image.jpg

Here is a better pic as I had it out of the box to have a tidy look,

image.jpg

cn63bug

Well I have the part in my grubby mitts and man this thing is nice.

Bearings throughout no plastic to be seen, the movement seems to be silky smooth and near as dammit no play, the double pivot arm connects on to the slider with bearings top and bottom, I think this assembly has 15 bearings in total, can't wait to finish work so I can go home and fit the thing,

View attachment 8390

Here is a better pic as I had it out of the box to have a tidy look,

Can't wait to hear how it helps Kev! It looks sweet!

- - - Updated - - -

You will love it. If the 500 is anything like the 450 it is going to be a tough bird. It will take some light hits but if you plow it like i did then you'll see some damage. Believe me MS Heli makes a great kit that flies really well.

What controller are you using?

murankar

Staff member
Mine is flybared well was. I just made it fbl and need to get the gyro. Like I have stated in my write up, my kit has both versions in the box. My build instructions covers the fb first then the fbl version.

I have not seen the 500 build so I am not sure if it is the same way. I am thinking it is.

Slobberdog

Well got the new tail fitted gave the bird a good look over while I was at it and she is spot on now, had one ball on the swash that was a turn loose but now tight again,

Gave the Heli a quick hover and the tail was spot on, no wag what so ever, so had a play and dialled the gain back to default centre position and tried it again, low and behold no wag what so ever, sorted. :nevreness:

So here it is fitted
image.jpg

image.jpg

And here is the bird back to its pre crash glory with new wings fitted,

image.jpg

More to follow on this new tail when I get a break in the weather I will get out and do a video with it,

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom