Micro 130x Bling

cn63bug

Hey guys, ever put skid nuts on your plastic skids? I put small rings of wire insulation on mine and found out the gyro hates it. It seems to need the slide of the plastic.

Nope. Always left them off. Even on my 450, they caused problems.

murankar

Staff member
I have never used those on one piece plastic skids. Never needed to.

Are you having issues with the helicopter sliding during spool up?

EyeStation

Kinda issues. When I want to take off from my table in the living room, it does want to slide to the left. Sometimes I have to correct it with a cyclic stick movement and then I get the tail wobble on take off. If I don't correct it, it will tumble off the edge of the table. Quick fix on this, don't take off from the small table. lol.

But friction of any kind on those skids amplifies that problem.

I am really enjoying this bird. The next purchase will be a tailbox upgrade. Heading to the Hobby-Trade Expo tomorrow. I'll be asking lots of questions and hoping for some deals.

murankar

Staff member
Sounds like your swash might need to be looked at, for level. Normally the issue on spool up (if setup is perfect) is the tail spinning. This is caused from either a poor soft start in the esc or the pilot not taking it easy on spool up. The drift on spool up means something is out of trim or not level.

EyeStation

I don't have a leveler for this bird, so I did the zip tie method. Sad part about doing it this way is the zippy cannot get low enough to touch any of the arms, so you still have to eyeball the differences. I am sticking with the manuals way to subtrim it, disconnect the motor and pop up the collective a bit and watch for drifting servos. The amount od cyclic 'touch' I need during lift off is just a tick to get it corrected and up in the air.
I have noticed the tail swing if the throttle is pushed up to fast or not allowed to spool up in its time.
I was really surprised that those Skid nuts had that bad an effect. I could have sworn I saw a West Coast place that would mod and test your 130X to eliminate all slop. They show the skid nuts attached to the heli as part of their mod. I thought it was a cheap enough to try with wire insulation. Not the effect I had imagined.
Here is that West Coast place. Do you think these guys are offering a good service? I see all his costs are "+ Parts"
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cybertronic-Hobbys-Blade-130X-Heli-Upgrade-/251340164680?pt=Radio_Control_Vehicles&hash=item3a850a8e48

EyeStation

Yep, just watched it and I should give mine the finger alright.
I just have to make sure I don't stick my fingers to the little bits there.
I think I recall someone here mentioning sticking a needle or pin through the plastic too.
Thanks Tony, I'll be trying it in a couple hours.

Sparse

I am really curious to know how that 130x flies with all them upgrades, for me i have a 120 sr and a msr. I c alot of people hop them up and just kill the over all performance of the heli. its all trialand error with upgrades. at the same time some things do and need to be upgraded. for instance one my blade helis the only things that are getting upgraded are the swash plates. for on on the msr the balls tend to break when popping off the links, and the sr and upgraded swash helps to handle the wind a bit better. but its a personal preference. plus the more stock parts you have the less cost of crash damage you will have. this is true for the smaller blade helis anyway. I just dont want you to spend all sorts of money and be disappointed. however i see going through your post the money was already spent. However this may be something to consider in the future.

Slobberdog

My norm is actually 0-45-83-83-83 but that's on a 10 tooth pinion not an 11 tooth

- - - Updated - - -

I am really curious to know how that 130x flies with all them upgrades, for me i have a 120 sr and a msr. I c alot of people hop them up and just kill the over all performance of the heli. its all trialand error with upgrades. at the same time some things do and need to be upgraded. for instance one my blade helis the only things that are getting upgraded are the swash plates. for on on the msr the balls tend to break when popping off the links, and the sr and upgraded swash helps to handle the wind a bit better. but its a personal preference. plus the more stock parts you have the less cost of crash damage you will have. this is true for the smaller blade helis anyway. I just dont want you to spend all sorts of money and be disappointed. however i see going through your post the money was already spent. However this may be something to consider in the future.

Yes the upgrades do affect the performance, but it's a much more stable Heli since I have done the mods, as stock it was quite twitchy, but yes I would like a stock one to use as well, just waiting for a bargain to come along, as I have a lot of spare stock parts now lol,

Sparse

To be honest I do like the 130 x for some reason, I may get the girl to get me one for x mas they I would have a 450 t rex sr120 and a msr, plus 2.0 nitro losi, all this r/c stuff you have to love it

Slobberdog

The 10 tooth takes away a little of the grunt, it makes it smoother, and a bit less daunting to start with,

cn63bug

Well, I am not happy with the pro tail anymore. I've only had one good flight out of it. second flight with it, the tail shaft bent while hovering. Ordered a new shaft and it bent within a minute of hovering. No hard flying, just hovering. I've emailed microheli about it, so I'll see what they have to say. :mad:

Slobberdog

wow I crashed mine last night (light crash tail first) and broke a tail blade but did not bend anything, so I am supprised with yours bending

cn63bug

Two new tail shafts so far. The rest of the tail is fine. MH says the shafts are made of hardened steel, but they're pretty soft metal. The stock shafts are harder than this. But can't use the shafts because of the small shoulder on the hub. Know of any other manufacturers tail shafts that may work? Still haven't heard from MH yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Kev, do you have a picture of the xtreme tail shaft that you were using before without the grips attached?

cn63bug

Hey no problem. I think I may have fixed it. I took the hub off the mh shaft and fit onto the stock shaft. I'll know in a bit if it's going to hold, but it's square and not bent, so we'll see...

Top Bottom