Micro 130x Bling

Slobberdog

Yes its an outrunner, but it came with the wrong screws so could not fit it, lol, waiting for new screws to come from hobby shop, gutting,

Then went to fit the pinion heated it up a bit but when went to put it on it pinged off in my workshop never to be seen again, so have had to order another one,

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
that sucks on the screws and pinion. I can relate to the small heli's, I use to own a Mini CP. Damm those were some small hardware.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
astroid designs sells the exact right screw sizes.. if nothing ask him. He is great.. he would help you out. but nonetheless the hobby shop should have sent you the right ones. Check out astroid for his little carbon fibre upgrades to teh stock frame.. I used them and yes I loved them.. back when I had the 130

Slobberdog

Well the screws are coming from Xtreme themselves so could be on a slow boat so just thought what the hell and ordered a motor stiffener plate which comes with the screws, and will be here tomorrow,

have bird rebuilt with the new shaft and one way fitted and love how smooth the one way is, also including the metal "A" gear and man every thing feels smoother now, so much so I have to turn the gyro gain down a tad, frame cut ready to fit the new power house, new pinion coming tomorrow as well,

Oh and ordered some Nano tech bats to try a comparison between my overlanders that I have, let's see how long it takes them to ship a couple of hundred miles across the UK,

cn63bug

So what one way did you go with? I'm using the xtreme and love how smooth it is. Are you still using the stock frame?

Slobberdog

Canopy off and let's see how the frame looks and the access to that front servo, that's the one thing I was interested with this frame for don't think you have to split it to get the servo out,

Looks good though, like the look of the tdr style heliwow canopy, one of the LHS I order from have them in stock now, but I do like my microheli canopy.

Slobberdog

Well look what I got in the post today, goodies,

image.jpg

I wonder what I will be doing tonight, well lol first thing will be to install the force field around my work top so when I try to fit my pinion again if it try's to escape I will be able to stop the little sucker,

On that note I know I have to heat it up a bit, but what method did you guys that have had this upgrade do, if you heated it what did you use to heat it and how long.

Got the motor screws and stiffener plate so now can mount the motor, can't believe they sent a batch of these motors out with the wrong screws in the packets,

And got a new main shaft collar to replace the old plastic item as was the only item of plastic left on the shaft, apart from the main gear, lol

image.jpg

cn63bug

They definitely have a lot more pop to them. They are balanced well and they feel a lot more smoother too. Here is a pic with the canopy off. No frame splitting to remove the elevator servo :)

130x 2.JPG

Slobberdog

Nice, I see how they have done it now, slotted at the bottom and screwed at the top that will make it easier to clean.

when I put the new motor in later I am gonna try it with the fast response Xtreme blades I got, see what its like, running KBDD's main and tail at the moment, feels like it could do with something a bit heavier though.

cn63bug

i was running KBDD's on it before and liked them really well, but I'm really liking the KDE's right now. And the servo is loads easier to deal with now. The only thing thats difficult for me with this frame, is the "B" gear is hard to deal with. Other than that, love this frame.

Slobberdog

Yeah im running metal "A" + "B" gears now, just means you can forget about them, lol lets see how long they last though......

cn63bug

Same here. The metal gears are better in my opinion. one thing about the xtreme frame, is that it also has shims that you use on the elevator servo to make sure the A gear doesn't rub on the servo too.

Slobberdog

Well got the motor fitted with the stiffener plate, and also the collar on the main shaft.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Give it a quick try and OMG even in normal mode with the pitch curve after mid stick flat 75% it's bonkers powerful, but think I have a cyclic servo on way out, as I have a bit of a glitch with it, so will pick one up at LHS tomorrow on way home from work.

And the maiden time, and yes I will video it.

The nearly finished article,

image.jpg

Well I am considering a Xtreme carbon frame for the elevator servo access.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Tony

Staff member
You guys are putting a LOT of money into these things. For what you guys have in them, you could have had a 450 or larger lmao. Learned my lesson on my mcpx. No matter, the heli looks great. Can't wait to see the video.

Slobberdog

Tony you would not believe, but man it takes a knock so much better than the 450,

just tried the Heli in the garden could not wait, servo glitchy at longer throw not around centre, man this thing is super stable in the hover, hands off stable, and when you pitch pump it just rockets.

New servo tomorrow will see if I can get it for free, warrantee as its only a couple of months old.

Top Bottom