Micro 130x Bling

Slobberdog

Well a bit gutted, have to wait for a new servo, on the plus side it is raining and I can't fly anyway, but should be here in the morning.

Took mine back to where I bought the heli as I thought I could sort it and get him to replace it, he said oh I will send it back to HH for you, DoH,

Do you keep them in stock was my question as I am itching to fly it, his reply nope it's probably the only thing I don't have here from that heli, just my luck, so got it from one of my trusted suppliers, never mind will have a spare servo when this one gets back from HH.

Slobberdog

Well new servo fitted and flight test awaited, thoughts on being a bit windy but can't wait no longer!

Got to the field and yes it was a bit windy, but thought sod it its going up, hooked up the video camera and gave it a go,

First reaction is it has bags of power, and some left in reserve, and man this thing is stable, I mean its more stable in a hover than my 450,

Used Nano tech battery for this flight, got 4:45 ish time, forgot to use timer, and recharged 280mah out of a 450mah at 85% v shape curve, battery so I can live with that,

Now go and see the video in the video section.........

Slobberdog

Well just sold my old JR tx, on ebay, so with the money I ordered the carbon frame for my 130 and a 10 tooth pinion as I will have the adujustability on the newframe, plus the motor will not be so close to the servo,

once I get this there's no more going on this bird, FULL STOP...........

treff

You know in your heart of hearts that ain't true Kev LOL...............................There's always something new to buy

cn63bug

We can always say we're done, but it usually never happens that way. I guess my ultimate goal with mine is to get it to fly as close to a 450 or larger that I can get it to. I'm pretty close actually. I got to say that the xtreme frame totally changes the look of the 130. It doesn't even look like a blade heli anymore.

Slobberdog

Chris, I recon after flying it in the wind on Sunday morning that it is probably as stable if not more so, than my 450 since I have put the Spin motor in that is, and it has become easier to fly as well and I have halved the amount of expo I was using from 45 to 25%, does not stall out with collective movement like it used to, and is silky smooth.

I dont see the frame improving the way it is, but its the room and adjustability that I want, going to try a 10t pinion see what difference that makes in a few weeks but want to get used to it the way it is first.

Have not flown my 450 for nearly a month, all been the 130 lately

cn63bug

Yeah, it's been the same for me here. Planning on flying my 450 this weekend if weather permits though. Let me know how the 10T works out for you. I've got a few more parts coming in this week for my 130. Mainly putting the Lynx TBS on and xtreme tail pushrod to cut down on vibrations. I've been debating on whether to get the spin motor for mine as well. I have an HP08 that I think I may try out. Wasn't that happy with the turbo ace. It had power, but I was having trouble getting the heli to stay stable. Had a lot of drift that occurred when hovering as well. Probably something not quite set up right, but I've sold that motor now, so moving on to a different motor.

Slobberdog

Yeah I am gonna see what the weather is like tomorrow night, should be able to get both out but will defo fly the 450 if the weather permits,

the only thing I might go for down the line will be the DS35 tail servo and bracket but only when my original goes down and a new double bearing tail pitch slider but again only when the Xtreme one wears out.

I like the way it is now so not gonna play with it,

cn63bug

the only thing I might go for down the line will be the DS35 tail servo and bracket but only when my original goes down and a new double bearing tail pitch slider but again only when the Xtreme one wears out.

Be careful on the DS35. From what I've been reading and hearing, there are problems (firmware update to the boards) with the new servos. Problem with the board that makes them unreliable. It may have since been fixed, but I'd be careful with them.

Slobberdog

Not seen that will have to read up, but not even thinking about it at the moment.

new frame with me in the morning whoo hoo.

cn63bug

I think you'll like the frame. Just be a little careful with the screws. They don't take much to secure them down ;)

xokia

You guys are putting a LOT of money into these things. For what you guys have in them, you could have had a 450 or larger lmao. Learned my lesson on my mcpx. No matter, the heli looks great. Can't wait to see the video.

Yup I moved my 130x back towards stock. I have a few minor upgrades but not much. I still really like the 130x much more so than the BL mcpx even though the BL mcpx has a better power to wieght ratio. I wish they would come out with a better inrunner motor for the 130x though.

Slobberdog

Yup I moved my 130x back towards stock. I have a few minor upgrades but not much. I still really like the 130x much more so than the BL mcpx even though the BL mcpx has a better power to wieght ratio. I wish they would come out with a better inrunner motor for the 130x though.

I agree that the out of the box 130x is a great little heli, but unfortunatly alot of people gave it a bad name, I had none of the issues that lots of others were supposed to have, that being said, I know I have a lot of wedge in this bird now, but it handles and flies amazing, would love to see it in the hands of a good pilot,

Would I recommend the upgrades, NO, not hardly any,

I think what upgrades I have done has given this twitchy little angry wasp the feel of something alot bigger, and its now much easier to handle, but ultmately it COSTS, BIG TIME!!!!!!

This bird has taught me how to fly, and bar replacing a few plastic gears the crashes I have had have done ZERO damage, they are one tough cookie.

cn63bug

+1 to Kev

My whole goal was to improve it where I could to make it feel like a larger bird. It has improved my skills immensely. The upgrades are not necessarily needed as I've had very little crash damage from my several crashes with it, but I look at it this way... I really like the 130x and I don't mind the upgrades too much as I fly it the most right now while I am learning more. :)

Slobberdog

Have the Xtreme frame in my grubby mits Chris, looks great, misses not to well so will be giving flying a miss tonight and building this up I think, it feels light as a feather but nice and stiff.

cn63bug

i really like the look and feel of the frame. I also like that it includes some shims for the elevator servo for clearance from the "A" gear. Sorry to hear that the misses isn't feeling well. Hope she feels better and that you can get back and fly :)

Slobberdog

I could go but she is left with the nipper, she only got a chest infection so nowt to bad, be over it in a few days probably, yeah seems to have a good bit of movement there with that front servo, also like the bit of protection the rear servos get from the frame as well.

cn63bug

It's a bit of a tight fit on the left side of the frame, so be careful putting your servo in. I had an issue where the nut on the top of the servo broke off when installing one time. Had an extra laying around that the board was bad so pulled the gear set of it to repair.

Top Bottom