Micro 130x Bling

xokia

Did they get rid of the small spacer behind that D gear? I have two micro heli tails sitting in my parts bin unusable. On a crash if that gear pops off the spacer will fall off and its next to impossible to find that thing. Happened to me twice. I scrapped the MH tail and swore to never purchase a MH product again.

Slobberdog

No spacer as far as I was aware, little bit of float on shaft but using a metal tail gear so it's tight on the torque tube which helped me get it set up properly, but can see the issue you would have,

Slobberdog

Xokia, yes there should be a spacer, not in kit though so just got in touch with my supplier to see if be can get me some,

xokia

Xokia, yes there should be a spacer, not in kit though so just got in touch with my supplier to see if be can get me some,

Yea lame that's why I ditched MH. The other tail boxes from other suppliers don't require that spacer. Their tail boxes have been designed such that there isnt as much space behind there. My 130x is pretty much stock now so I am using the stock tail box again. I need to pull this little heli out and either fly it or sell it.

Slobberdog

Well went to fly the 130xx tonight in the school hall, but we was not allowed as they had some tour on, but once they all left I got to try it outside under flood lights, needed to test the new Microheli pro tail I fitted,

Because of the lack of play I have been able to reset my gain on the tail to default, and it feels locked in now, once again, no twitching on the tail like I have been getting of late,

The bird is back to how it was before my altercation with the concrete at work, man I would love to see it in the hands of a pilot, to see what she could do.

Slobberdog

Got 2 batteries in this morning with the good old bird, fast fwd flight and backwards flight, and the tail held very well, because I had a bit of play in my old set up I was getting some kick outs but with this new tail none of it, and the best part, I only paid what I would have for the new upgrade slider and new std slider for the link arms, so I am more than happy.

Did some flips on both batteries and she feels great, will have to get some video of the bird in action again soon,

Well brought it home and it needed the servos cleaning as she had a bit of wobble back on the cyclic, so while I was cleaning I though I would change the pinion on the motor, I got a 10 tooth when I got the new frame as I have read I will get better efficiency out of the motor, not that it was coming down hot or anything, but am getting just shy of 4 mins out of her just,

so have that fitted the 10 tooth and increased my throttle curve to 90% a quick hover in the garden to see what it was like and it seems to be smoother, maybe a little less aggressive, so fingers crossed, might get a little more time per battery, we will see,

Slobberdog

Well flew two packs at work this lunch time, and she is smoother with the 10 tooth pinion.

Before the packs came down quite warm, but not to warm, but both packs came down today with very little heat in them, will have to wait until later to see what voltage I have left in them to see what difference it made, but less heat equals less waste so I am optimistic.

EyeStation

OK, need your input on the best tail box to buy as a replacement. MH or the Rakon one? It seems the Xtreem one is a no go by your posts.

Slobberdog

There is nothing wrong with the Xtreme tail box, it's the tail slider and control arm that I had problems with, I think the Lynx heli stuff is probably the best at the moment though, unless you want to go for the $85 Microheli pro tail box that I put on mine.

xokia

Go with the rakon it's a decent tail. I really dislike the micro heli tail. I have two of them sitting in my parts bin missing the spacer behind the D gear.

xokia

That's new. They didn't have that when I had the MH tail on my heli. I had asked them for just the washer the first time I lost one and they sent me an entire new tail box. Maybe they got tired of replacing tail boxes. At any point I went back to the plastic tail box. So maybe ill buy some spacers and sell my tail boxes :)

EyeStation

So Xokia, is that just the box you have or the entire tail package? I know I need a slider and that is what has triggered my search. I don't think it would be wise of me to buy the Pro package yet. I am still learning forward movement and will no doubt be burying this thing often. Not even sure if I should move up to the metal rear gears yet. But I know the grass has been wreaking havoc on the plastic ones so far.
Trying to separate out the must haves from the bling. I saw the weight gain that Kev's bird experienced with all his bling, and I don't want to go that far.
Thanks for the input and if you have something that could suit me, shoot me a price shipped to 60441. I don't think Shipping would be advisable from Whales though SD.

xokia

So Xokia, is that just the box you have or the entire tail package? .
I have a metal tail slider on mine I don't recall what brand. The stock one works good enough IMO. I also have the metal tail grips. Which IMO are worse then stock. They create a knife edge that when you smack the tail it cuts the tail blades off.

I'm not a fan of all the bling on the 130x though. I started to go down that route and with each crash it kept getting more expensive. Plus one upgrade would usually end up requiring another upgrade somewhere else. So I reverted back to almost stock now. I fly it for what it is if I want more performance I fly one of my other helis. My 130x doesn't really get flown much anymore it's the only micro I have left. It would be nice if someone would build a better inrunner motor for it. I would buy one of those.

Last edited:

Slobberdog

Chris not flown it much cos of the weather but what I have done the tail is solid, got the gain back to default and no wag, and no kicking out like I was starting to get either with the old one,

cn63bug

That's cool. Getting one for a birthday present along with a spin. Looking forward to seeing how it works for mine. Got a little wag in mine, but think it has something to do with the slop that has developed over the past month.

EyeStation

Hey guys, ever put skid nuts on your plastic skids? I put small rings of wire insulation on mine and found out the gyro hates it. It seems to need the slide of the plastic.

Top Bottom