You Log In, You Post In Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony

Staff member
In all honesty, it's not what I want to do. I hate being a truck driver, but without time to go back to school, it's what I have to do to pay the bills and keep our heads above water. It's going to be rough for the first few months with all of the "new bills" that are going to come up, but I think everything will be okay. Only time will tell though.

trainrider06

Find something else then! Don't do it....if your not feeling good about it and don't feel it's really what you want to do don't let yourself get trapped in it!

Tony

Staff member
Don't have a choice bro. I have to do something that will allow my wife to finish collage. Once she is done, then I will be able to step out and take my butt back to school but fear I will be too old by then.

trainrider06

Well man I can tell you after 50 nobody wants you....:( my wife a nurse is finding that out...:(
And I can tell you from experience don't get locked into a hated job...I am 54 now and pretty much stuck
:( I hate it!

leedude1

Well Tony, doing what you have to, to support the family is the right thing whatever form that takes, it is sometimes a hard pill to swallow but..take the steps you need to get to where you want to go.. It's never too late to tackle new things, school or a new job or whatever but granted we have less patience, time and for some reason our memory sucks in the later years too.

Doing to right thing is not always what we enjoy most at the time. Glad you didnt burn the last bridge so its still an option if you need to revert to the lesser of two evils in a crunch....an option is better than none.

Tony

Staff member
Thanks Mike. I'm moving right along with the new company. OTR may sound like a bad thing, but in all reality, I pick my own loads and I pick when I want to be home. No more of this 6 days on, 2 days off crap. Once every 7 or 8 weeks I get a weekend off. Screw that. I use my weekends to get things done here at the house as well as here on the forum with new videos and such (speaking of which, we have more coming up soon!).

If I wanted to, I cna find loads out and back where I"m home every other night. I will almost definitely be home every weekend unless I need some extra cash, then I will work until I need to take my 34 hour restart.

It's not all bad going OTR. I set my schedule, I set my paycheck and I set my days off. And best of all, I set the time I stop to take the toys out for a flight in some places I have never been before! That is going to be a blast. I just have to find a truck that is large enough to put everything in lmao.

Tony

Staff member
received some new packages in the mail this week. Going to try to get teh videos up this weekend!

leedude1

Cool what are you reviewing?

Its friday my man..gonna put the 450 in the air few times to see if I get those last dials set up right, then maybe hit the fields in the AM for the true maiden.. this is a big bird for me so I still a little intimidated by the power.:chuckles:

Tony

Staff member
Woke up this morning, made a pot of coffee and headed out to the studio. Did a blog (that won't be uploaded) to warm up, then shot the two reviews. Well, one review and one update of a previous review. You can see both of them in the Product Review section.

Tony

Staff member
It seems with this triple digit heat, the wasps are getting worse out in the garage/studio. Tried shooting a new video today, and after an hour of trying and having wasps flying in front of me (video bombing? lol) and landing on me and the camera, I just flat gave up. Need a new studio...

Tony

Staff member
I'm pretty sure I have paid off the owners of that companies mortgage with what I have spend on wasp spray. It's not near as bad as it was last year, but it's still pretty bad.

leedude1

Tackle the nest and you can shoot in peace, but they are nasty little ones, so a coffee can a little gas and crossed fingers that you don't come out looking like the elephant man screaming like a little girl with 50 or 60 of those buggers after your behind.:lol:

Slobberdog

BORED.COM

Work is BORING the hell out of me today. I want to be flying..........

- - - Updated - - -

aerosol flame thrower meets wasp nest video in the making Tony, :wink:

Tony

Staff member
If I knew where there nest was, I would be all over it. I have knocked down most all of the nests in the garage. Those that i have not knocked down are not inhabited.

Tony

Staff member
That is what the garage used to be to them, but since i killed thousands of them, they are looking to come back. Especially now that I can't get out there every day.

Stambo

Just be careful, they can be nasty little suckers.
My partner ran over a nest in the ground on my property while I was spraying some scrub. (The sprayer was on the back of my truck.)
They come out and nailed me big time.
I had multiple big red welts on my back for days, they chased me quite a distance.
Hurt like a %&*#@, I felt ill for days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom