You Log In, You Post In Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

leedude1

Wasn't going to ring in here boys, but need to put in the 2 cents,:soapbox: courage takes on many different faces and forms (none resemble Kaitlin, Cathy, Katy, Kat or whatever its called) for example my brother in law that past away last year and I saw pieces get taken out of him one at a time over the span of 2 years (and he, his wife and 2 daughters would have like him to keep them all) he and all the others in this world that suffer from illness, financial challenges, veterans, and the larger list of struggles in general don't, won't and will never get paid for their stories.
So I'm happy he's happy and that the dress now fits...but he can stick the award, and put it next to the medal, on top of his coffers of cash that he's making from this deed and media coverage that surrounds it, but I ain't gonna put a dime there and couldn't change channels fast enough when I see him just to make sure that the ratings aren't skewed by my nano second of presence.

Wow that felt good... I apologize but this ^%it burns me. (she is a good pilot though... damn it! Glad at least he wasn't flying in a friggin corset)

Tony

Staff member
You don't even know the half of it. It has a sensor on the front that sets off a very loud buzzer in the cab of you get any closer than 1/4 mile of another vehicle. And bridges set it off, overhead signs set it off, a bug hitting the sensor sets it off... you get the idea. And this truck road walks like crazy. Recaps o everything but steers, hoses that leak, gaskets that fall out because they are old... the list goes on. Utterly miserable.

Tony

Staff member
I'm about to. But to make matters worse, I just pulled something in my back. Time to look for something different. Because this isn't going to work.

Tony

Staff member
I have one that I"m looking into pretty hard. I have always had this thought in the back of my head of being able to fly all over the country, and with this one that I'm looking into, I would be able to do just that. How cool would it be to fly FPV in places like Utah, Arizona in the Canyon, and so on. I'm still trying to work everything out, but I"m hoping it works out. If so, I will be gone for quite a while, but will actually have more time here on the site while sitting in the bunk on my 10 hour reset, or even my 34 hour reset if I choose to stay out that long.

leedude1

What type of job is that, I don't quite understand the "reset" but anything that gives you 30 + hours down time sounds like a sweet deal to me.

Tony

Staff member
It's a driving job, OTR. And it's not really that sweet when you are trying to make a lot of money fast. Pretty much, USA DOT (Department Of Transportation) requires drivers to only have 14 hours a day of "on duty" time, but only 11 hours of that can you actually drive. After 8 hours, you are forced to take a 30 minute "off duty" break. Once you finish your day, you are required to take a 10 hour break (most you can do is 14 hours of on duty plus your 10 hours equals 24 hours). But you are only allowed 70 hours a week to work within an 8 day period. Once you exhaust all of your 70 hours, you must take a 34 hour break to reset it.

There are a LOT more rules than that, but that is the basics.

leedude1

K get it, but like you said you'll get to see the whole country and FPV everywhere..Hell why not. Being away from the family might be rough for longer lengths of time I guess. I get business related trips for a week or two some times and just cant wait to get the home cooked meal when I get home.
Then again sometime a break from the chores (and wife) can be bonuses:wink: good for her too I sure.

Tony

Staff member
Yeah, it can be rough. But we will never have to worry about bills. And that is the reason I'm going to do it. Have to spend a lot of money to get into it, but after a few years, it will be worth it.

trainrider06

At one time back in 94 I got the option of either taking a layoff or transferring from North Carolina to here in the sweatbox.
I guess we know what I took back then since I'm here in the sweatbox....but I was one hair thought of taking the layoff, throwing a leg over my bike and taking off around the country for a while. I would've done it but I had this Doberman that i had since he was a pup, best dog in the world! After 16 years of being a faithful companion i had to put him down a few years back. I don't regret my decision, but that woulda been a lifelong dream of mine to have been fulfilled to do that! Who knows maybe I woulda been a little more successful, or something....all I know is now i have 28 years in with this company and feel like I've been raped LOL

Tony

Staff member
It seems that I may just be able to get out of this job sooner than I thought. Fingers crossed!

trainrider06

Good deal! Nothin like hating where ya work....I've done that for years now thinking I was going to get a pension
now come to find out I only get half of what I was supposed to....meanwhile the company is raking in billions in profit per quarter....somethin wrong with that picture....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom