You Log In, You Post In Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

trainrider06

That sounds like a good thing!
In other news.....I went to my first club meeting tonight.....it was not good! There are some internal issues between a couple of members that need to be resolved it seems. I don't know much about the whys or hows of it all, but if it continues it'll be a bad thing for the club! Sad that people cannot find a common thread to be able to resolve things....

leedude1

Agreed Rodney, but as you know we see it everywhere and with everything and it's never pretty.

I was thinking of looking to join a club but I always struggle with the advantages, time required to get there etc etc... keep me informed and you may sway me one way or another.

I finally got a few maiden flights in last weekend.. slow and steady, just to make sure everything was ok ...but this is really solid.. I'm patting myself and you people on the head for the help and set up advice along the way that has been invaluable in order to get me where I am with the build. Hats off guys, well done

trainrider06

Hi Mike congrats on the maiden flights! It's a scary thing huh? Lol
Yeah I was pretty disheartened after that meeting.
Like you say it's like that it seems with everything. The field itself is
really nice, takes about 15 mins to get there from my house. Even that close I
Don't make it out there as much as I want to, and when I do it's a 2-4 hour
thing because on weekends there are quite a few people out there and waiting to fly
can take a while. I've been going either late in the evening or on Fridays and it's much better
Will let you know if it works out.

leedude1

Yup, put it in the air and start off for the first time, even though I was pretty comfortable in my overall set up, as im really quite anal when it comes to small details. I still have those memories of each time I moved up in power, speed or size you have to get used to the speed and need to understand what your or your birds limitations are (I got a few:tongue:). definitely impressive bird I must say...VERY VERY PLEASED.

The time to get to and then wait to fly would be an issue for me now with the youngsters, and my dad to handle I rarely have that kind of spare time, but keep informed as joining a club it is not out of the realm of possibilities and really wanted to know if you feel its an advantage.

out for now

Tony

Staff member
I think all of these vendors are trying to kill me lmao. More great videos for you guys, but less time for me. At least I get to fly more.

Tony

Staff member
Nothing now. Canceled the order. Sometimes you have to know your limitations and when you already have too much on your plate.

Tony

Staff member
Waiting for the clock to strike 10:00am for the raffle drawing! I thought it was set for midnight, but just looked at the scheduled tasks and it's set for 10:00am. My oversight but I would rather be awake for the drawing lol.

Tony

Staff member
Well, there is always something that has to go wrong the first time you do something lol. Have no fear though, the raffle will be drawn. The time that I see, and the time that the forum software sees is apparently different. Looking deeper into this, the raffle will draw at NOON today. Gotta love trying new stuff lol.

leedude1

Got another 5 batteries into the 450 the other day.

Curious gentlemen, when your just flying about do you fly in idle up#1 say at 80% throttle or do you leave it in a more linear " normal" state? I find that the bird losses altitude when turning much more than the micros, of course the weight differential is playing a difference. Im easily able to adjust, but since I don't really fly 3D I never thought it necessary to lock in at a higher throttle..what are your opinions.

leedude1

K ill give it shot next time out Tony. I think it will take a little to get used to it though probably a good idea to play with the pitch alone.

murankar

Staff member
Good new came yesterday from the VA. It official I am service connected at 40%. I still have appointments that could raise my percentage.

Next step is a house and finally leaving the wife.

This weekend I am taking the kids to Geneva on the lake. Hope to make some memories with the kids.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Forum Runner

trainrider06

Good new came yesterday from the VA. It official I am service connected at 40%. I still have appointments that could raise my percentage.

Next step is a house and finally leaving the wife.

This weekend I am taking the kids to Geneva on the lake. Hope to make some memories with the kids.

Man sorry to hear, but it must be the best thing for you. Divorce is tough on both people. Lots of adjustments.
But just think of the heli workshop you can build! :wink: gotta look at the bright stuff for sure. Hope you can get some great times with the kids!

murankar

Staff member
Yeah still in some pain and happy at the same time. Very tough right now. Right now I am planning to major gear updates and also some real-estate. My goal is to get a house in the next year and then go from there. After I get the house I would've about 850 sq feet of hobby space.

trainrider06

That's how it is happy/sad/guilt/then getting to know yourself again...it's a process.
Takes a year or two for most, the ones who jump back into something are the ones that never find themselves....
That's what it's all about....knowing you!
If another comes along choose carefully....
I screwed up the second time I was married. Didn't look deep enough.
Finally got it right this time (3rd) if I hadn't run into her I was fine alone.

murankar

Staff member
I am feeling like that now. Stay single with a couple friends. If things develop so be it, if not no loss.

trainrider06

Yup! In my single days I had dinner/lunch girls Friends with benefits, all knew right up front where I stood.
I played a lot of golf, rode my motorcycle, on vacations I'd just take off on my bike for 3-4 days. Do whatever I wanted to do.
Just enjoyed being around myself, what I liked, wanted outta life. I wasn't even close to looking for anyone after 6 years of being single after my second marriage. I was fine with me! Happy and content. My wife was the same when I met her....and we just clicked right from the get go. I made sure that I didn't move in too quick or her either, dated a year and a half. lived together for over a year then decided we were a match.
She's a good woman, likes that I need my space, and let her have hers every now and then. And we both don't like to talk first thing in the morning till after a cup of coffee LOL....

murankar

Staff member
That coffee thing is me all the way. Don't mess with me until the coffee is replenished in my caffeine system. I think my hobby will grow leaps and bounds once I am on my own.

trainrider06

Hehe yeah I'm basically asleep still till I get that coffe in me!
Hey my golf game went from low 90's to the low 80's while single! Enjoyed my bike the rides I took, just really enjoyed my life! Great times! They are just as good now that I have the right one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom