You Log In, You Post In Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony

Staff member
First full day at work and pulled 13 hours and pulled 5 loads. Holy crap, I forgot how hard you have to run hauling fuel. I'm so going to die...

trainrider06

That's gotta be nerve wracking. Years ago I worked at an FBO where I fueled both private and commercial aircraft,
got to know some of the tanker drivers. All good guys but lot of pressure to get where your going hauling a bomb behind ya

leedude1

Hey boys back from the family trip.

I put my 130x into the lake on the last night when I lost orientation. I was using it with night blades over the lake all week because there not really enough room to fly otherwise. Well, I don't know what electronics are fried (probably all) yet as my brother in law only pulled it out of the water this morning ( in 28 feet )...and I wont get it for another few weeks.

Back to the grind tomorrow ...wonderful:yuck:

trainrider06

Hey boys back from the family trip.

I put my 130x into the lake on the last night when I lost orientation. I was using it with night blades over the lake all week because there not really enough room to fly otherwise. Well, I don't know what electronics are fried (probably all) yet as my brother in law only pulled it out of the water this morning ( in 28 feet )...and I wont get it for another few weeks.

Back to the grind tomorrow ...wonderful:yuck:

Wow good brother in law for pulling it out of the lake like that! I see if you can get him to squirt the hell outta the motors with 3 and one oil while it sits, maybe take a hair drier to it on low setting....not real hot air either...ask me how I know! LOL
Maybe try the ol rice trick with it....stick the whole heli into dry rice covering the heli for a day or so...

Tony

Staff member
Going though all of the videos that I shot over the years that never made it to youtube. Wow, there are a lot of them lol.

Tony

Staff member
The software I have now, after some updates, stopped with the cutting out of audio in random clips. So it's turned out to be pretty good.

leedude1

Thanks trainrider :wink: yeah we had some scuba equipment so he took on the challenge of locating it the following day as he saw where I splashed it. I do feel better knowing I'm not alone in my foolery though. But like I say if you afraid to crash it, don't fly it :biglaugh:

Too late at this stage for any possible quick dry as its been out for a day and half now probably just sitting on the kitchen table providing some continued comic relief to the bro in law. :biglaugh:

I dont mind changing out the motor but i was looking at the 3 in one * maybe the servos etc... not sure what this is going to run me, and new parts if they are all fried are going to be more expensive than the whole.. hey maybe budha or krishna, Jesus, Allah or someone will be smiling me when I plug it back in and see what the hell happens. :nervous:

What damage did your dive entail?

Stambo

The motors will probably survive, I would be more concerned about ESC, and rx.
Brushless motors can run under water.

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
Had yet another company email me asking if I would do a review for them. After we agreed on everything, they then sent me guidelines on how, when and where to put my review... If you want a good way to LOSE my help in reviewing a product, tell me how I should do it lmao. I think I have been doing this long enough to know how when and where to post my reviews lmao. And this was for a $16 nano quad. And it was PINK! I'm still laughing at this one.

However, I was hit up about an earlier review and the manufacturer sent me an email about an updated product that they want to send me. So we will have an "updated review" coming soon.

trainrider06

Oh that wasn't meant to be mean or anything was just saying a pink heli...well these days it don't seem to matter.
I could care less either way. You gotta admit he's not bad flying that thing.

Tony

Staff member
Okay, I'll comment, somewhat...

If he (she... :dunno:) is flying that helicopter, then "insert sex here" is a pretty good pilot. My issue lies with the ESPY's and the fact that "insert sex here" accepted it. I personally know people with a purple heart that fought in wartime that was much more deserving of a "courageous" award. And that is all I have to say about that...

trainrider06

I can agree with that....I really don't understand all the hype over if someone wants to be a guy or gal, that's their business
media, and people need to just get over it, let others live their lives how they choose (as long as no one is getting maimed killed) and all worry about and pay attention to problems that do hurt all of us...uneducated kids, homeless, low paying jobs, and our vets sent into wars with no end....to name a few...

leedude1

My thoughts too..just that alone is 140$.. gonna test it when I get it,,,see whats working or not and maybe pick up a few replacements / spares online or maybe in the forum and get back up in the air slowly. problalby need to change out the bearingsa as well.

Stambo

I personally know people with a purple heart that fought in wartime that was much more deserving of a "courageous" award. And that is all I have to say about that...

I agree 500%, my dad fought in WW2 and I have the medals to prove it. He is far more deserving of the words courageous and hero.
In Auckland New Zealand we have a "Hero Parade", I am not sure how often but what gives them the right to call themselves hero's.
To me they are just a bunch of (insert bad homophobic words here) with a superiority complex.
Sorry, you got me started and it makes me really angry. :)

trainrider06

WWII was probably the last war we needed to be in, my dad got Purple Heart in Korea
I never knew he even had one till he was in his 70's, he never talked about it till then.
When he did it was quite scary what he saw and faced. But he just kept it to himself
moved on made something of his life. Our fathers their fathers and fathers before had grit
guts and courage! I am sick to death of reality shows stupid rich people flaunting their
riches and throwing it in the faces of these "fans" that watch their shows.
Hell even sports figures, hero's? I don't think so! A hero to me is someone who makes an impact
a difference in people's lives and just their selfless act helps to change things for the good of man kind.

murankar

Staff member
This whole Jenner thing is semantics to me. No matter what is said it is what it is. I can argue that Jessica linch is not a hero but yet people will bash me and say she is. That whole story has a bunch of crap behind it.
Let people think what they want and don't let them change your mind on how you feel about it.

Personally I feel that there are more deserving people than him. Yes he is still a guy. Regardless of what happened he is a man by birth. You can't argue that that fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom