You Log In, You Post In Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony

Staff member
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I HATE Networking Issues... Especially when they are my fault...

Tony

Staff member
The cable that is buried in my yard has a fault in the 5/6 line. Had to put the good router back over next door and use the "Fast Ethernet" repeater here at the house again. So, I get to dig up that line and find the fault. What sucks is, I will have to bury all new line. That is a LOT of copper... Guess I could melt it down and make a new mod lmao.

Tony

Staff member
It's a solid cable. Unless you have one that can measure resistance to pinpoint it to the foot, not sure it will do any good. The fault I know is in this wire. We did check it and it's in teh 5/6 strand. i have no idea what color code that is or I would try to bypass it. But, I think I will just purchase another gigabit router and install DD-WRT on it so that I can get the speeds I want and leave the original router where it is. No need to run another cable.

Tony

Staff member
I went out and purchased a Netgear R7000. I know, it's overkill for a repeater, but I did it. And it's smoking friggin fast. So now, with two wireless AC routers, I have no need for the cable. And when I move, I can decide which one I like better and just use that one. I think the R7000 is going to win out over the AC66R. This thing is a badass lol.

Tony

Staff member
Hey, you think you can get me some RJ45's? I only have two left... Need to make an ebay order I guess lol.

murankar

Staff member
I just got nominated to do the ice bucket challenge. Someone on here is going to get selected. Find out tomorrow who the lucky winner is.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Tony

Staff member
I have no issue with helping those with ALS. I would be more than happy to donate some money when I have it (and soon I will). But I have a severe issue with water in my face, and do you know what I hate worse than cold water? Not much! As for the water in the face issue, you damn near get drowned when you are a kid and it will develop a phobia of water in your face. So call me a chicken if you wish, I don't care, but I will not do it.

murankar

Staff member
I hate cold water my self. I dont normally go swimming because of it but i love swimming.

Tony

Staff member
I hate swimming. will not get into a lake, pool, or bathtub. If my wife would let me, I would pull out our tub and install a stand up shower. ,

murankar

Staff member
If i am not mistaken then that makes 2 people that died from it.

I guess dont make it that cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom