What Did You Do Today???

Rob Lancaster

Hi guys!
Look who dropped today..

I wonder if there was a problem with the aircraft? He came in quicker than usual and shut her down quick and opened the rear engine doors. Then the fire engine showed up and they where going over the chopper. The pilot you see there is my brother's neighbor. He stayed for about 20 minutes and then started it up and flew off. I might go over later and pump him for more info about it all...

Attachments

• IMG_2083.JPG
    IMG_2083.JPG
    288.6 KB · Views: 3

Rob Lancaster

I have always liked those helicopters. Vectored thrust on the tail rather than a traditional blade setup.

Hi Tony!!
Yeah she's a cool ship alright, but the two bladed tail rotor does have it's advantages as well. The offset four bladed tail rotor does the same thing but at a slower speed thus less noise, or as I refer to it, music! And of course the mechanical control in the tail assembly is doubled so it's more complicated for nothing.. Let it sing!!!!

Now that the Covid restrictions are easing, the 500s are flying again. Yup I can hear that tail rotor comin in at two or more miles when the wind is right.. HA! Love it!!... The so called Magnum chopper (or many choppers) comes in and, if clear, circles the summit and then flies off all the time. We do have some of those Robison R-44 widow makers as well. I'd never fly in one of those things..... Also we have Astars and those inducted tail fan Euro-Copters.. But the 500-D is my all time favorite. Look don't get me started! HA! LOL!!!

murankar

Staff member
Thus weeknd I received my box spring that should have been ordered day 1. Now I have a bed thats 36 inches high. What's that mean? I have to jump into bed and jump down to get out. The top of my mattress is just above my waist. But boy is it comfortable. It really conformal to my body and sleep is so deep now.

Attachments

• 20210612_095208.jpg
    20210612_095208.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 2

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hope you sleep well at night. I still haven't found a comfortable bed that does me justice beside the floor :).

Tony

Staff member
I remember when the wife and I purchased out bed. We went from a queen bed and box spring that was just laying on the floor, to one that was properly setup, and very thick on the mattress. I HATED it because it was so high, but now, with back issues and such, it's the best thing! No more having to gain inertia to get out of bed and stand up lol.

Just don't fall out of bed. That floor does not look very soft hahaha.

Tony

Staff member
So what am I doing today... I am trying to get an old test site setup so I have access to my article files that we used to have on here so that I can put a brand new article section here on the forum. Seems that taking over a year off from working on the website is showing hahahaha. I'll get it though! Eventually

Rob Lancaster

And I'm working on another box for brother Tom. This time its a small speaker box for his receiver. You see we had a major resonation problem with the aluminum enclosure used to house the RX components. It was ringing like a bell when the volume was turned up. We first thought we had a audio amp problem and on and on. So after much fooling around with the electrical approach, I told Tom to set up the speaker in a wooden box and try it again. BOOM!! It sounds great! Now we can turn it up all the way without any ringing or resonation problems.. All that BS fooling around with wiring and shielding was for nothing. HA! LOL!!

I got real lucky with the first box I made for Tom. Some how it came out good and I did it all wrong. (Say what?) That's right, all wrong. So when I did the same thing with this box I got disastrous results. I just couldn't get it to look right and I was get'n cross. It just so happened that my baby sister was over for a visit. And it just so happens that she has over 20 years of experience with varnishing because she volunteers on the Battle Ship Missouri moored in Pearl Harbor. Ok so what does she know about varnishing; LOL!! Oh man was I doing it all wrong!.. Ha! I'm on my 4th coat now and it looks great! From old battle ships to computers, my sister is a trip.

Keep on everyone. And if your vaccinated, like me, take off the damn mask and head on in that store or mall. The other people in there will praise you and start complaining about those masks, as they should. Follow the CDC and not the crazy liberal dems.. Its just the times we live in.....

Attachments

• IMG_2080.JPG
    IMG_2080.JPG
    197.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2081.JPG
    IMG_2081.JPG
    201.3 KB · Views: 0

murankar

Staff member
I remember when the wife and I purchased out bed. We went from a queen bed and box spring that was just laying on the floor, to one that was properly setup, and very thick on the mattress. I HATED it because it was so high, but now, with back issues and such, it's the best thing! No more having to gain inertia to get out of bed and stand up lol.

Just don't fall out of bed. That floor does not look very soft hahaha.
The floor is almost bare cement. So no its not soft at all.

Getting out of bed is a delight. I basically slide out onto my feet. I love it so much. I get some of the best sleep ever.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Today I filled up the vehicles and gas can with petro. I'm charging up my solar generator and getting our hurricane shelter house prepared for, according to our weather station, the eye of Elsa to go right over us. It's to early to tell. It's just a cat 1 but I rather be ready for any storm then being caught with my guard down. Especially this not being my first rodeo lol. More info Monday evening :).

Tony

Staff member
Today, I shipped a defective Amazon item back to them in a walmart+ box. LMAO!
It's the little things in life that bring happiness hahaha.

Today I filled up the vehicles and gas can with petro. I'm charging up my solar generator and getting our hurricane shelter house prepared for, according to our weather station, the eye of Elsa to go right over us. It's to early to tell. It's just a cat 1 but I rather be ready for any storm then being caught with my guard down. Especially this not being my first rodeo lol. More info Monday evening :).
Stay safe bro! Enjoy the 4th, then hunker down.

bigone5500

Why is it that people see the weirdest things? I was about to get up from my chair and can't figure out how I saw a smurf in our floor at work.

Attachments

• 20210708_091135.jpg
    20210708_091135.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 4

Tony

Staff member
Gotta admit, I'm not seeing it...

As for me, only 30 minutes until the weekend! This has been a trying week for sure.

Top Bottom