What Did You Do Today???

bigone5500

I paid $250 in september last year for my nighthawk router. It went out a couple weeks ago. It came with a seller refurbished 2 year warranty apparently through allstate/square trade. I contacted the seller for warranty claim and he referred me to ebay square trade. I contacted them. They can't find any information regarding my purchase. I contacted ebay. They said contact the seller. I said I already have. The only thing I can get from the seller is a copy of the invoice. All I got from ebay and allstate was a runaround and high blood pressure.

I don't need ebay.

Tony

Staff member
Ah, gotcha. Yea that is why I never purchase the "refurbished" warranties unless they are directly with the manufacturer. But yes, I have heard of this run around more than once.

What is wrong with the router? Maybe we can find a work around.

bigone5500

I never actually purchased the warranty. It supposedly comes with it. But I don't know. I'll stick to best buy from now on.

bigone5500

Nevermind. It won't even power on now. I was getting a power light and a couple port lights at first. Then after a few seconds, the port lights would go off and the power LED would go dim. Now nothing. I checked the power supply (wall wart) and it is ok.

Tony

Staff member
Just something to check to try to save the router, I have seen the power supplies put out the suggested voltage, but can't keep up with the amperage. Did you put your volt meter in the wires and check the power as it was trying to boot? Maybe try another power supply? Just trying to toss out some ideas.

And gotcha on "included". Might put ebay on the ball if you hit them with a "false advertising" statement. But, would need screen shots... I hate it when companies do this crap.

murankar

Staff member
The fleet finally nit just buried on the floor. And my 2 radios My DX6 and VControl .

Attachments

• 20210515_222120.jpg
    20210515_222120.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 5

bigone5500

Just something to check to try to save the router, I have seen the power supplies put out the suggested voltage, but can't keep up with the amperage. Did you put your volt meter in the wires and check the power as it was trying to boot? Maybe try another power supply? Just trying to toss out some ideas.

And gotcha on "included". Might put ebay on the ball if you hit them with a "false advertising" statement. But, would need screen shots... I hate it when companies do this crap.
I got some screen grabs. If the item was more expensive then I may send them an email with a threat of lawsuit. I left a bad review last night on the seller's item page.

SlyWolf

working with my t-maxx fianlly got my first idle then found that my transmission or something is bad i have no drive or reverse and still need alot more tuning to do

bigone5500

oh ok. I pierced the power wire with some needles and monitored the voltage and it never sagged enough to matter. I don't have another PS that has the voltage this one does. But at this point I can cut one of the leads and wire it in series with my meter to see what currents are being drawn. That should tell right?

bigone5500

My neighbor gave me a weed eater brand string trimmer (think DR trimmer). The motor needed a bit of work and wasn't mounted. The mower frame needs some work and the bearings are shot. But I got it mounted on the frame today and cleaned up the coil/flywheel then poured a few ounces of barsol in the crank case to clean it out and filled the gas/oil. After a few pulls it fired off and I can't tell you how happy I was. I am bad at RC but am REEEALLLLY bad at engines. I understand how they work but when it comes to figuring out what is keeping them from running it's a pure enigma to me. I can't wait to get it out in the yard. These things are super handy and with the .155 line it will make short work of trimming around trees with low thick limbs such as my evergreen.

RandyDSok

oh ok. I pierced the power wire with some needles and monitored the voltage and it never sagged enough to matter. I don't have another PS that has the voltage this one does. But at this point I can cut one of the leads and wire it in series with my meter to see what currents are being drawn. That should tell right?

Yeah... that will give you the amperage.... I suspect you are right since the voltage doesn't drop as you mentioned but still it's best to be certain.

Tony

Staff member
working with my t-maxx fianlly got my first idle then found that my transmission or something is bad i have no drive or reverse and still need alot more tuning to do
We do not normally answer tech questions here in the lounge, however I will help out this time.

Sounds like you broke the pin in the first gear set in the transmission. Check out my transmission videos from the playlist below.

bigone5500

Well after using this laptop for a little bit I can say for certain it will be great for keeping my coffee hot. This thing gets HOT. 120 right next to the power button. I got a few more days to return ot.

What do you guys suggest?

Top Bottom