What Did You Do Today???

Tony

Staff member
I'm the bad guy... Nice! lol

And I just went out and mowed the yard for the first time in 3 weeks. We have been getting a LOT of rain, and I was going to mow last Saturday (July 3rd), but decided not to because of the fireworks. Didn't want dead grass with the fireworks, and boy was I happy I didn't mow. There was one pack called "Waterfall" that was nothing but a bunch of raining sparks, and they almost all hit the ground. So, good call there.

However, after 3 weeks of a lawn growing faster than I have seen it grow, yea... It was THICK!!! But, got most of it mowed today.

It's some kind of hot out there though, so a big ole boy like me just doesn't do well in this heat. And it's not even the hottest part of the summer yet... goodie...

Rob Lancaster

Hi all,
Hey Tony, we're having another little drought over here again. The grass is mostly brown and parched like the ground. . .

The bright side is I finally finished my brother's speaker box. The weather is dry enough for some varnishing action. Over here we have a lot of humidity so varnishing is a major bee-ah- ch>>>>>>... Check out the snaps... Nice li'll box. Its made of 3/4" poplar and its got nine coats of spar-urethane..

Hope you all had a good 4th!.. I managed to make some more killer titanium salutes.. And for the first time, I fired them electronically... Using my Spektrum DX8 and this and that. As soon as I hit the button; up she goes! 4 seconds later, BOOOOM!!!!!..... Car alarms..... And lets not forget the flash. Nice flash! It's the Titanium that makes that killer flash. Hard to believe my shells are only 1.5 " and only sports a 1/2 oz of flash powder. What's not to love?>>> LOL!

Attachments

• IMG_2097.JPG
    IMG_2097.JPG
    203.5 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2098.JPG
    IMG_2098.JPG
    210.1 KB · Views: 3

Fly-n-Low

Fixing up a tank! I have to have a glass top cut next... Then water, etc!

I need one more piece of wood in the center..?

Attachments

• 20210707_120152[1].jpg
    20210707_120152[1].jpg
    306.6 KB · Views: 6

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I love a nice fish tank. I just don't have the patience to fiddle faddle with one. The animals I have already are enough :).

Tony

Staff member
Hi all,
Hey Tony, we're having another little drought over here again. The grass is mostly brown and parched like the ground. . .

The bright side is I finally finished my brother's speaker box. The weather is dry enough for some varnishing action. Over here we have a lot of humidity so varnishing is a major bee-ah- ch>>>>>>... Check out the snaps... Nice li'll box. Its made of 3/4" poplar and its got nine coats of spar-urethane..

Hope you all had a good 4th!.. I managed to make some more killer titanium salutes.. And for the first time, I fired them electronically... Using my Spektrum DX8 and this and that. As soon as I hit the button; up she goes! 4 seconds later, BOOOOM!!!!!..... Car alarms..... And lets not forget the flash. Nice flash! It's the Titanium that makes that killer flash. Hard to believe my shells are only 1.5 " and only sports a 1/2 oz of flash powder. What's not to love?>>> LOL!
That is a nice box! Way better than something that I can do. And I should make my own shells. I may have to research that.

Fixing up a tank! I have to have a glass top cut next... Then water, etc!

I need one more piece of wood in the center..?
That looks like the beginning of a Cichlid tank. I need to do some work on my reef tank, been neglecting it here lately.

Rob Lancaster

That is a nice box! Way better than something that I can do. And I should make my own shells. I may have to research that.

Thanks Tony.. Yeah sometimes the hard part is wait'n for the varnish to dry. Usually 2 or 3 days before I can lightly sand between coats. (320 grit) It's just like my sis said, there's no fast way when it comes varnishing...

Hey Tony, or anyone out there, if you want to learn how to make fireworks and I mean real fireworks, let me know and I'll set you up with the ultimate website that will show you how. Remember, I trust my life with this guy and you can too...

Attachments

• IMG_1252.JPG
    IMG_1252.JPG
    219.5 KB · Views: 4

Tony

Staff member
I can imagine, especially in y'all's humidity! And nice round you have there.

Tonight, I'm playing with the little ole 3D printer. We are going to see if this new bed will actually work, or if it was a waste of money... I guess we will find out soon. Just need to set everything up on the new network. Yea, it's been that long since I used this thing lol.

Rob Lancaster

I can imagine, especially in y'all's humidity! And nice round you have there.

Tonight, I'm playing with the little ole 3D printer. We are going to see if this new bed will actually work, or if it was a waste of money... I guess we will find out soon. Just need to set everything up on the new network. Yea, it's been that long since I used this thing lol.

The good part about the humidity is your skin doesn't dry out. And your lips are cool but when the VOG sets in, the eyes catch hell.. When I was on the mainland a few times, I had issues. Not bad but a long stay would be different for sure, LOL! ... Humidity is good for you but to high and its hell on earth.. I should know. I went black 3 times so far. OOPS!............

I know I have a video of that 3" shell fly'n high. I need to find it.. It was gorgeous!... LOL.......

Ah ha! A 3D printer. Nice. I could use one of those and a cool CNC rig. Oh my, my my,,, what could we do with that tec,,, hummmmm..... He hee heee...............

My next little project is a pellet trap. I think I figured it out for the most part. Boy the led is shall we say, starting to show... The EPA would have my ass for breakfast if I don't cut down on the led, LOL!!.....

Tony

Staff member
I used to work for a military base, and when I was hired, they had just closed the range in the armory and it was a no go zone. Full hazmat suits required go to beyond the plastic. I was like, wow! lol. It's a shooting range, what do y'all think is going to be in there.... flowers and unicorn farts? :lmao:

Fly-n-Low

I have another tank that I have raised Firemouth Cichlids in. I was planning on a single cichlid and a pleco. A Zebra would be a nice contrast.

My other tank is more colorful. Planning on a a Green Terror and a pleco in that one.

Fly-n-Low

I had an invite for a back seat ride in an 802. I had to drive and hour to that was out of the question on that day. He needs to give me a heads up so I can have my GoPro bats charged!

Attachments

• IMG_3772[1].jpg
    IMG_3772[1].jpg
    313.2 KB · Views: 1

Admiral

OK guys I must confess, I have deviated from the path of RC rightness . I have joined a control line flying club, the Organisation I belong too the AMAS (equiv AMA) have just opened a control line field about 15 minutes from my place, I went to have a look and all those old memories of 50 ~ 60 years ago came flooding back, don't know how I'll go haven't flow control line for 50 years. These guys are all retired old farts like me, that fly every Wednesday morning, my RC flying field is only available weekends so this sounds like a good social alternative, now to acquire some flying gear I gave all mine to my nephew when I moved to RC in about 1969.

CLAB.jpg

Tony

Staff member
I have always wanted to try control line. Some of those things are really fast, and others you can do 3D with! We definitely need some video lol.

Rob Lancaster

My pellet trap is finished. Not a moment to soon too.
It came out great and I recover all the pellets that I fire now. (which is a lot). The Sig really spits'm out...
With the removal of six wingnuts, I can collapse the trap down to a small 1.5 inches, cool...

Today I was shooting without the laser. I shoot at a range of about 30 feet, max for my gun. The bulls eye is 1.75 " dia. I think I did ok but that's just me, ha!.. Good fun!!........... Oh and I can't believe the way the pellets get all smashed and tor up inside the trap. Before the trap, the ones that hit me (ricochet off the ole wood board) and the ones I found in the yard have very little damage. And no I never reuse pellets LOL.....
Enjoy the snaps...

Attachments

• IMG_2101.JPG
    IMG_2101.JPG
    509.2 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2102.JPG
    IMG_2102.JPG
    312.6 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2104.JPG
    IMG_2104.JPG
    174.9 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2100.JPG
    IMG_2100.JPG
    146.9 KB · Views: 2

Blade 400

My pellet trap is finished. Not a moment to soon too.
It came out great and I recover all the pellets that I fire now. (which is a lot). The Sig really spits'm out...
With the removal of six wingnuts, I can collapse the trap down to a small 1.5 inches, cool...

Today I was shooting without the laser. I shoot at a range of about 30 feet, max for my gun. The bulls eye is 1.75 " dia. I think I did ok but that's just me, ha!.. Good fun!!........... Oh and I can't believe the way the pellets get all smashed and tor up inside the trap. Before the trap, the ones that hit me (ricochet off the ole wood board) and the ones I found in the yard have very little damage. And no I never reuse pellets LOL.....
Enjoy the snaps...
Nice shooting Rob, I used to shoot air pistols (webley and scott), rifles (several) and clay pigeons (Bikal) about 40 years ago! I would love to get back into it, I like the trap idea. I used to be able to hit the head of a match stick without telescopic sights from around 15ft - I used spit to stick it to a metal pole and when I hit it the compression made it explode Lol. I`ll have to see what guns are available locally - They used to be available in Catalogues and on-line! I know they are far more powerful now and do have a fairly local gun shop :thumbsup:

Fly-n-Low

I have something similar to that for my slingshot to catch steel balls.

Rob, do you have a gong? I have an extra, but shipping would "kill" you, LOL!!!

I have my gongs set at an angle so they deflect the projectile downwards.

Something about the satisfaction of the "BING"!

Rob Lancaster

I have something similar to that for my slingshot to catch steel balls.

Rob, do you have a gong? I have an extra, but shipping would "kill" you, LOL!!!

I have my gongs set at an angle so they deflect the projectile downwards.

Something about the satisfaction of the "BING"!

I'd love a gong but there ain't no room in my li'll back yard. Or I doubt the very close neighbors would appreciate the gun fire, LOL! Some people,,, geeeeeees, ha!
Hey I'm curious about your pistol. It looks like a Ruger. My brother once had one. Does it fire the 22LR round?

Nice shooting Rob, I used to shoot air pistols (webley and scott), rifles (several) and clay pigeons (Bikal) about 40 years ago! I would love to get back into it, I like the trap idea. I used to be able to hit the head of a match stick without telescopic sights from around 15ft - I used spit to stick it to a metal pole and when I hit it the compression made it explode Lol. I`ll have to see what guns are available locally - They used to be available in Catalogues and on-line! I know they are far more powerful now and do have a fairly local gun shop :thumbsup:

You should get back into it. With what ever caliber you choose. However ammo is outrageous these days and that's one reason I love to train with my Sig Sauer P320 .177 cal. It has a 30 round capacity and if I go nuts on the trigger I can get a lot of led down range..

Blade 400

I'd love a gong but there ain't no room in my li'll back yard. Or I doubt the very close neighbors would appreciate the gun fire, LOL! Some people,,, geeeeeees, ha!
Hey I'm curious about your pistol. It looks like a Ruger. My brother once had one. Does it fire the 22LR round?

You should get back into it. With what ever caliber you choose. However ammo is outrageous these days and that's one reason I love to train with my Sig Sauer P320 .177 cal. It has a 30 round capacity and if I go nuts on the trigger I can get a lot of led down range..
Thanks Rob, I will get something and yes, I did notice that even pellets are very expensive these days.
I just want to target shoot, so a .177 will be fine - I`ll keep you posted :thumbsup:

Top Bottom