What Did You Do Today???

Tony

Staff member
The car is a pos to be honest. It was originally an automatic car and I purchased another car and swapped out the auto for the manual trans. While I was there, I pulled out the 3.73 gears in the rear and put the rear end from the parts car in there which is a 3.42. But shortly after doing that, I somehow tossed out a cam bearing and pulled it out of the oil pan so my oil pressure is just stupid low. Car is not going to make it much longer before I roll it across the scales for a couple hundred bucks...

Rob Lancaster

You know, we need to eject from these things before we're killed and just let nature take it's course, but there's that money thing again... DOE!!…

RandyDSok

My Dad and I were chatting about a friend of his that would fly his high wing airplane and do just about everything you could think of with it... This reminded me of one of the guys at the club field I used to be a member of... and I found out that my personal website had gotten corrupted recently. I'm not certain if one of the recent storms or something else had corrupted it... luckily I keep backups and was able to quickly restore things back to normal without much sweat.

And the airplane my friend has... while I'm at it... scratch built from the ground up.

P9250059.jpg

RandyDSok

Was that taken out at the veterans center off Robinson? Some good times out there for sure.

Yes it was...

Here is another shot taken that same day... The bright cloud tops offset by the darker areas under them, along with the plane in silhouette really made for a moody pic...

P9250045_a.jpg

Tony

Staff member
If it wasn't for the humidity, this would be a perfect morning to drink coffee on the back porch. But at 94%, it's a little thick...

Rob Lancaster

Oh yes, I know,, the sun is shining and it's raining here in Kaneohe; whew!.. The roofs and streets are steaming....
To make things worst, my back was much better yesterday but today not so good again; DOE!

RandyDSok

I mowed mine on Sunday but had to move the deck up 2 notches or wouldn't have made it through... I hope it doesn't grow much by this weekend so I can drop it back down a notch or two.

Rob Lancaster

After a long night I'm trying to sleep when all of a sudden the fan stops running.. Great, another power outage. It's only about 90 degrees with high humidity and the fans won't run. I can't sleep in this hell hole, lol, so I get up. I'm sit'n there all hang'n waiting for an hour and a half when I decide to plug in ole jenny. Just as I plug in my trusty and quiet Honda generator, (sounds like a commercial ah); the power comes back on line.. Hurray! I guess...…. Now I can't sleep anyway so I'm phasing today..

Just yesterday I was looking at the generators transfer switch, wondering when we may need it again. Turns out, it was almost today.. :biglaugh:

It's times like this that makes me think how bad a EMP event would really be. OMG, we're go'n back in time to the stone ages. :evil:

RandyDSok

As I headed out for a 10am smoke break... I heard the familiar sound of blades cutting the wind... so I quickly pulled out my smartphone and started snapping a few pics. In total, there were four Chinooks... the last was a bit behind the others so couldn't get them all in the shot at one time.

Chinooks.jpg

Rob Lancaster

Cool Chinooks!
That ole work horse is still in service>>>>>>>>>> Here in Hawaii they fly...

What did I do today?
Well a 15 minute replacement of the carport light, turned out to take much longer than I thought , LOL!
It's one of those motion sensor LED things but super bright.

Here's the thing, the fixture is close to the sidewalk and street. I don't want the lights going on and off all night due to cars and what not passing by. Like a few of the neighbors, ha! But I want the light fixture in the original place.

What I did was, I separated the motion sensor from the light fixture. That way I could aim the sensor where it won't false or turn on needlessly. Now, it just happens to be where I want and need the coverage, nice..

How long will this one last? OH, HO, HO, your guess in as good as mine, ha! I labeled all the wires so the next one will be fun.. Actually this one wasn't too bad because I kinda saw this cheepo Chinese stuff coming.. :biggrin1:……. Led's are supposed to last a very long time, but how's the drivers,??!! Weak'O Folks..

Anyway I wrote the date on the inside of the base and I'll bet it don't last as long as it should. Cheepo Chinese junk... Ha!; remember the CFL? HA! HAA! HAAAA! That was a good one ahh... One almost burnt down the F$%@n house!! Wa'na smoke?

My back is hang'n by a thread or something too... Got physical therapy scheduled for the 4th time, DOH!!
Been very windy to fly but at this time of year, blow babee, blow, it's hot and humid, ha!
Let there be light!
Rster...

Top Bottom