What Did You Do Today???

Rob Lancaster

Oh man sorry to hear about that Tony..
I too have miss clicked and screwed up files but not because of the mouse. But because sometimes I get the shakes in my right hand and my finger goes off by it's self.

Have fun brutalizing that el crapo mouse..

That reminds me of a toaster I had years ago. It was supposed to be adjustable from light to dark toast. It was more like black to carbon shingles.. If I didn't stand there and watch it like a hawk, it burns up fast. One morning I got up, not in the best of moods, and the toast almost started on fire! Ok that's it! We're through!!

I unplugged it and wrapped the cord around my hand and headed for the backyard. Hello Mr. cocoanut tree, I want you to meet Mr. toaster... When I returned to the house, I only had the cord. The rest of it was spread about the yard. I commented that the toaster was broken and we need a new one... :biglaugh:

RandyDSok

That is just the thing... This is my NEW mouse that I just purchased not 6 months ago or so. My Microsoft Sidewinder still has, after 8 years, stronger switches than this brand new Logitech mouse. It was dumb luck that the pointer was over that format button, but I feel it wouldn't have happened if the mouse had stronger switches.

If you want to try and fix it... see if these are the compatible switches ( they are the same as what many companies use including Logitech , Microsoft and others use for that matter )

Amazon product

Tony

Staff member
I think this is just an issue with this being a super cheap mouse that came as a bundle with a wireless keyboard. Just dumb luck I guess.

RandyDSok

It parsed it correctly. All amazon links are automatically put into that format.

All I was seeing was a blank image and I couldn't click on it... so it WASN'T parsing it correctly on my side at the least... I guess you removed the link now since I don't even see the image in Chrome or Firefox... so there's no debugging possible at this point. ( I didn't try FF while at work since I was busy at the time. )

It's all a mute point since I also emailed the link anyway. ( unless others wanted the link of course )

Tony

Staff member
Nope, didn't remove it. Below is a screen shot for proof. Oh, (grammar police here!), it's "moot" not "mute" :chuckles:

Untitled.png

RandyDSok

Nope, didn't remove it. Below is a screen shot for proof. Oh, (grammar police here!), it's "moot" not "mute" :chuckles:

View attachment 22418

It must be something with my Chrome and/or AdBlocker Ultimate ( the last was just a guess ) because the forum is again saying I've got an adblocker enabled ( like it did long ago but was later fixed ) even when it isn't .... Chrome did a big update, so I suspect it's something with that. I should move over to FF full time and may if this continues.

RandyDSok

Oh... if I do switch browsers... I'll need to find one that just uses the FF engine so I can retain 3 separate browsers so I can keep logged into 3 different Google accounts ( one on each ) without needing to log out first.

leedude1

Someone will have to explain what the hell it is about this Heli hobby that takes that one (not one of many but really just 1) , 4 minute flight this past Sunday before noon, that I just managed to squeeze in between errands that put a smile on my face for the next 2 days.
No, it wasn't spectacular, special or awe inspiring. It was just a normal flight with the 55o pro..(pretty sure it could have been any Heli) landed it with the smile, removed the battery and placed it back in the van and went about my chores.
Still smiling.

RandyDSok

It's not this site's fault that so many are using ad blockers now... So many have way to many ads, so much so that it's almost ruining the internet.

Last edited by a moderator:

RandyDSok

Someone will have to explain what the hell it is about this Heli hobby that takes that one (not one of many but really just 1) , 4 minute flight this past Sunday before noon, that I just managed to squeeze in between errands that put a smile on my face for the next 2 days.
No, it wasn't spectacular, special or awe inspiring. It was just a normal flight with the 55o pro..(pretty sure it could have been any Heli) landed it with the smile, removed the battery and placed it back in the van and went about my chores.
Still smiling.

Sometimes... its just the simple things in life that make things so much more worthwhile

RandyDSok

BTW... I found the cause of why the forum was saying I had ad blocking software running... A few weeks ago, I switched to using DuckDuckGo for my primary search engine and it offered a privacy plugin to also block trackers.... So apparently blocking trackers also blocks ads to some extent. So I now know what's causing the ad blocker popup warning... So now we know privacy tracking blocks are also blocking ads.

RandyDSok

Had a bit of a shock this evening, thankfully I was able to recover after it.

I've got an MSI B450 Tomahawk MB in my computer at the house and it'd been a while since I updated the BIOS. So I hoped up on MSI's website and downloaded the latest. This was primarily an update for the Agesa instructions for the Ryzen 3000 series and I suspect a few tweaks to things like memory timings etc. I only have a Ryzen 5 1500x, so the update was just for general maintenance purposes and not out of need per se.

Just as I selected the option to go into the Flash area... my system black screens. I'm not really freaked out until it didn't come back on afterword... even after power down completely a few times. This MB has a BIOS flashback feature, so I crossed my fingers and got setup for that. This requires renaming the BIOS file to the one specific for your motherboard ( in the case of MSI it's MSI.ROM ) and placing it on a FAT32 formated thumb drive. I plugged it into the specified USB port on the back and pushed the flashback button. It immediately started the process as evidenced by the flashing red led.

A few suspenseful minutes later ( almost 10 )... the system rebooted into Windows again. I rebooted back into the BIOS and made the required changes to the memory settings so I get all of the performance I can... and things were just fine afterwords.

At some point, I do plan on upgrading to a Ryzen 3000 CPU but I certainly wasn't ready for that now and didn't want to have to buy another MB yet either.

Tony

Staff member
It's not that I don't want to update it, it's that there hasn't been an update posted since then.

Top Bottom