What Did You Do Today???

leedude1

I went from having to change the servo gears in one servo, then a second, on my 450 to finally swapping out all three cyclic servos, all from a tip over after landing. pfffft !!! Probabaly better this way anyway... I got the KST 215mg and wasted bucks on the main shaft bearing blocks that were already in my bird....I needlessly threw away about 50$ all in all , on this last repair.
live and learn like they say.
But had and open door event at my club yesterday and I think I put in the best flights of my life..

leedude1

Hey Tony was trying to upload a picture and got a security error message, using the same method I usually use simply hitting upload file and selecting it from my pc, and open, not sure if there's a glitch somewhere.

RandyDSok

Hey Tony was trying to upload a picture and got a security error message, using the same method I usually use simply hitting upload file and selecting it from my pc, and open, not sure if there's a glitch somewhere.

What was the exact wording in the message? I suspect it was a error with the size of the pic and not a security message since those are the most common considering the size pics many cameras and smarthphones take these days.... but without the exact error message that is only a guess.

leedude1

Ill jot it down when I get home and will post it up....

From memory ...security error please refresh and try again. Or along those lines... no mention of size or file to large though.
I'll get the exact wording from home this afternoon.

RandyDSok

Ill jot it down when I get home and will post it up....

From memory ...security error please refresh and try again. Or along those lines... no mention of size or file to large though.
I'll get the exact wording from home this afternoon.

Sounds good... also include which Windows version ( if it's Windows ) and what browser you are using to add more info to base something to try on.

Tony

Staff member
Tony; how the hell do you know what you're doing?
I wish I understood more about computers and servers and such. Reading your last few posts is like trying to read Greek. It's way over my head. But at the same time, very interesting. The main reason is,,, this tech ain't going away anytime soon.. So I hope like everything else, it starts to sink in sooner rather than later.

Oh hey; if my back isn't better tomorrow, I need to have the doc inject my back again and then restart rehab again. It's killing me!!! And on top of that, I'm sit'n here looking at the new 450, drooling over it. Indeed life is cruel....

The truth is, I have no idea what I'm talking about lol. If I did know what I was talking about, I wouldn't be talking about it because it would not be that big of a deal lol.

With that said though, I like to figure things out and play with it. This little issue was no different. It kept tossing an error, I did a little google foo and found that it was one of the MANY .dll errors, so that is the first avenue that I went down. Tried deleting and installing the Microsoft c++ redistributable packages (I have 2010 and 2015 installed on my computer) and that didn't work. So I manually created an Adobe folder in /programfiles and it told me that I needed to elevate it to make that folder. That is when I realized it was a permission error, activated the admin account and installed it that way. Kind of a pain, and anyone that knew what they were doing would have figured it out way before I did. You can go in and just set permissions on that one folder if you wanted, but yea....

as for your back, that sucks. I have been lucky here lately in that regard. Thankfully.

As for the picture upload issue, I was playing with the server and site back end yesterday and you may have tried to upload when I was updating a setting, which can toss a security warning. But yea, let me know what the warning was and I will try to resolve the issue.

leedude1

Sorry yeah Tony, I had 2 hockey games tonight. Thankfully they didn't need to bring out the defibrillator on me lol.
Will try again when I get back home and settled and ill let you know.

leedude1

Just got it Tony , tried it just now ... here is the message. I've copy pasted. Im running windows 10 and Im using the sames steps ive used in the past, moving photos from my phone to a photo file on my pc and the just using the upload a file or photo tab, selecting the photo/photos and hitting open. in this case it loads to about the 30-40% level then comes back with a Red title "The following... as shown below.

The following error occurred
Security error occurred. Please press back, refresh the page, and try again.

At the field 2.jpg

Tony

Staff member
Hm, I hate suggesting this because it logs you out of all of the sites that you are logged in to, but try clearing your cache on your browser. Might be a cookie issue. You can try logging out and logging back in again on this site first to see if that helps.

Tony

Staff member
Hm, have you tried a different browser? This is a weird issue because I have no errors in my log files and I'm not hearing from anyone else having an issue like this. I'm not sure what is going on...

Tony

Staff member
I guess the massive ads are here to stay, I can't win for losing. I fix the ads on the desktop site, and mobile acts up. I fix mobile and the desktop site acts up. Unless I get some hella donations EVERY MONTH, we are just going to have to deal with these damn ads. Sorry, is what it is.

RandyDSok

Tony....

Just an FYI... Storms are building to our NW. Starting with the cell that doesn't concern us. A bit north and west of Guthrie went tornado warned for a short time but is now just severe warned but still has some rotation in it.

That cell has now joined several that extend to the SW from it all the way to Bridgeport. There are a couple of spots of rotation in them but currently are only severe warned. These are approximately 2.5 - 3 hrs out if they stay the course. If we see something, it's probably this part of the storm that will make it our way. There is also another little cell to the SW of that, that could end up extending the line further.

Tony

Staff member
Yea, I have been watching them. They tossed out a severe storm watch a while back in anticipation of these. But didn't know about the tornado warning.

RandyDSok

The following error occurred
Security error occurred. Please press back, refresh the page, and try again.

Doing some quick research on this... I've seen several potential causes some could be on the user side and others are on the forum side. I'll start with the user side ones since that is the more likely since others aren't reporting it. I'll post a potential forum caused one afterwords.

One user ended up disabling their adblocker extension and the problem went away. I read elsewhere, they suggested disabling all extensions to test. If the problem clears up, enable them one at a time and test again to find the culprit.

Other protection software ( Antivirus, antimalware, firewall etc ) could also cause this if they block the token/cookie. Disable them temporarily to test. Remember to re-enable when done.

Another idea... try using a web browser you don't normally use when browsing the forum ( ie Chrome, Edge, Firefox etc ). If the problem was one of the protection softwares... testing using a different browser won't tell you anything unless you first tested by disabling the protection software first.

Now for the forum side of things...

Really, unless there was a recent update or something, most causes were from minor corruptions in the MySql database and performing a repair usually fixes the issue if caused on this side of things.

The other issues I saw on this end were also caused by database problems but they were caused after importing data and/or creating a new instance using a script instead of the standard installation method. These last ones were caused by missing database fields. I think this is the least likely but wanted to mention it just in case.

Top Bottom