What Did You Do Today???

Tony

Staff member
That is from a massive file transfer lmao. I also have some surveillance software running on the server that I'm testing. Need to play with the encoding settings a little.

murankar

Staff member
Holy crap, the pollen is starting to get me .

Here was what my car looked like yesterday:

P_20190316_151742_LL.jpg

Today there is a light dusting of pollen on it. My nose has been stuffed since 0430 and I finally got a chance to go get some relief. Not a fan of squirting cat pee in my nose but I needed the relief. My alegra pill wasn't enough to curb the allergies.

Tony

Staff member
Amazon Prime, ordered something two days ago and they gave me a free 30 day deal to Prime. That package is arriving today via USPS. And yes, I used the Prime 2 day shipping option. Ordered a package yesterday with Prime and it was shipped UPS and it's already in my hands. Nice.

Tony

Staff member
Just finished shutting down the server and installing both of the new upgraded (if you can call it that) CPU's. Hopefully my server load will go down now lol.

RandyDSok

My friend is using ZoneMinder and besides the slight delay, it works pretty well. I would have asked him some questions today, but it seems he thought he'd take a vacation this week... dang him :D

Tony

Staff member
I'm also running ZoneMinder, but the encoding is killing me. I need to find a different codec to use to cut down on resources. Right now on 4 cores, I'm running 40-50% constantly, adn that is only with 4 cameras, and they are going in and out and freezing up. I know it's not the cameras because I'm looking at them through IE (only way to see them in a browser) through the DVR and they are perfectly fine. So it's definitely a codec issue. But, just now learning about about this software so I have a ways to go.

RandyDSok

Ok... while waiting for some parts to be delivered by FedEx... I did a little digging into some ZoneMinder optimization stuff.

See ZoneMinder Wiki - Wiki - Managing Load

Some things of note. This refers to a method ( with a link to a Japanese site ) of switching to jjpeg-mmx codecs that are now about 13 years old and only are made for x86 and not AMD64 CPU's. I suspect that someone else has updated these by now so a little searching is probably needed. They also were only compiled for older versions of Linux, so if nothing else is available, compiling on and for your distro may be required.

It's still useful for some of the other info such as decreasing the fps settings and other tips.

Tony

Staff member
Okay, don't ever, ever, EVER delete the docker.img file because it is getting filled up with images from your test surveillance program.... I just deleted everything except the RCH backup server, which isn't even running yet.... Lesson learned.....

Tony

Staff member
Just ordered a 48 port POE switch. We will see if an extra 24 volts will light these cameras up lol. Should be here by Monday.

murankar

Staff member
received 4 3s 860 batteries and 12 bump tags. Soldered all 4 packs and finished the setup of a heli. Found some starting numbers for it and plugged those in. Should be flying it tomorrow. I thought I would be able to get out today but it did not happen.

Tony

Staff member
Received my 48 port POE switch yesterday.... I have a lot of learning to do on this one... Wow...

Tony

Staff member
I didn't either, but figured it could be a great learning experience. Cisco's are all over the place, I have not seen many of these. And for the price I paid for it, I can't complain much. 48 port managed switch with POE. Only real downside right now is you can't slow the fans on the PSU's down, so they are quite loud. But this thing idles at 55c with no load on it, but it also has an internal fan that does slow down. Might look into getting a different fan for the PSU's. Still trying to figure out this switch and how to get it all configured. HUGE learning curve.

Tony

Staff member
I just did a reset and have to change the ip, but that should be "show ip interface" but I don't know what the br is.

Tony

Staff member
Duh, brief. As in condensed. Yes, that does work on it and I have used it. All interfaces are showing up, on the same ve1 and working. Just can't get them to talk to each other. Not sure why.

Top Bottom