1. Guest, Thank you for visiting Rc-Help. Please do NOT post tech questions in this section, post them in the Tech section instead. Thank you.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. If you would like to get rid of these banners and the ads within the posts, all you have to do is sign up and they will go away!
  3. Welcome to Rc-Help, are you here looking for the PDF Plans? They are located in the store in the tab above, but you must be signed in to access that part of the site. It only takes a second to sign up!
  4. Like Us On Facebook!
    Hello Guest, it occurred to us during that last server failure that we had no way of informing the members of the site of the failure and I would like to invite you to like us on facebook so that you can get updates if the site happens to go down again. We don't post much over there unless we are updating the members so we will not flood your feed like some places do. Just click on Like and then allow notifications and that's it. See you there soon!

Click Here To Rc-Help's Facebook page!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest, I see you are not signed up on our forum yet. Did you know Registration is FREE and is only a couple clicks away? You can even sign in from Facebook, Twitter or Google+ for your convenience! So what are you waiting for, CLICK HERE to join in on the conversation!

What Did You Do Today???

Discussion in 'RC-Help Lounge' started by Tony, Oct 13, 2017.

< Who's Into Saltwater? | A Different Camera Mount. >
  1. Tony

Tony Administrator Staff Member

Blog Posts:
    Trying to learn Fusion 360... I'm as good with that as I am with Linux. Giving up.

2. putang

putang Member

Blog Posts:
    well went back to school today . learning cad cam and pro E and solid works .and only three more days left

3. Tony

Blog Posts:
    Do you do anything in Fusion 360? If so.... TEACH ME!!!!!!!!!! lmao

4. Tony

Blog Posts:
    More 3D printing today. Printing out a holder for my soldering station / hot air station to hold all of the tips. This silver PLA is weird, needs to be a lot hotter than other colors. I didn't expect that and even though I'm 20c above what I usually run, I'm still getting some pop out of my extruder stepper motor. Might have to go a little higher.

5. putang

putang Member

Blog Posts:
    I never herd of fusion 360 . but will ask the teacher if he has herd of it. And the other guys in the class . And if there are any web sites that may help you .

6. murankar

murankar Moderator Staff Member Armed Forces

Blog Posts:
    By the end of the day I will have built a MS-SQL server, a Share Point server and configured an DC and Exchange servers to share all the resources.

Last night ordered batteries. Amain is starting to get batteries Back In stock.

7. Tony

Blog Posts:
    Your working on a server, I'm working on a server, it's a server party.

For me, I ordered two new CPU's for mine and a cooling fan. My server currently has a single E5410 Quad Core Xeon processor running at 2.33GHz. I have decided to upgrade it to dual (I have two sockets) E5440 Quad Core Xeon processors running at 2.83GHz. Not much faster, but doubling the cores will definitely help. And with the CPU only costing me $14.00 each, yea, I did it lol. The cooler on the other hand is $45.00... Figure that one out. I only had one cooler since i only had a single CPU.

I am already maxed out on RAM at 16GB even though I have two more slots still available, but this server only supports 16GB.... Which sucks big time. I would love to stuff 64GB into this server since I'm more RAM locked than CPU locked.

8. putang

putang Member

Blog Posts:
    fusion 360. is made by auto desk at auto desk .com The teacher says he has herd of it but never used. He said rc modelers like it . Something about cloud base and other company's not liking it because it is not licensed to a particular computer any body can use it. he said there should be help videos on YouTube and web site help . sorry this doesn't sound like a lot of help. I will enquire at work with the engineers and see what they know about it.

9. Tony

Blog Posts:
    No worries, I"m sure I will be with fusion 360 like I am with Linux.

10. murankar

Blog Posts:
    Have a great well rounded irrational day! Lol

Bought some stuff. Yep had too. Well really wanted to.

11. Tony

Blog Posts:
    Yea, you didn't HAVE to lol.

12. murankar

Blog Posts:
    Yeah I did. I think its needed and ill leave it at that. When the time comes tell em.

13. Tony

Blog Posts:
    Need and Want are so often confused lol.

14. murankar

Blog Posts:
    They can be. I also like to blame contributions too. I just want to hear your opinion of it. Your review that is.

15. Tony

Blog Posts:
    And here I wasn't going to say anything until I received them lmao.

16. murankar

Blog Posts:
    Just teasing the crowd.

17. rdsok

rdsok Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Speaking of needs... and wants...

... I think I'll leave this one right here :D

18. murankar

Blog Posts:
    I am not going to ask how you found this, lol.

19. Tony

Blog Posts:
    Thanks for putting that in my youtube watch history... Time to delete my history....

20. rdsok

rdsok Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    It was pure accident... sort of.... I found it from her "How to build a Gaming PC" video ( which wasn't really so much about building a PC as it turns out )... lol

I'll often watch unknown youtuber's etc for a slight chance they may have a tip/trick that I may not know yet ... it doesn't often happen but it occasionally pays off and sometimes I do find other PC youtuber's that I'll add just because I do like their style or something ( I guess this one would be in the or something dept :D )

Great idea actually... It's about time to clear out mine and get rid of those recommendations that I have no idea how they think they are related to what I actually do watch.

< Who's Into Saltwater? | A Different Camera Mount. >