What Did You Do Today???

Tony

Staff member
I was watching one of our best known storm chasers live stream (Val Caster is his name) and he was right directly in it. His wife in the passneger seat (Amy) as he is talking to the studio was like "I think we are IN a tornado" ... hahaha. Friggin' Exciting!!!

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hi there Gina. I agree with you. At least you can see the hurricanes coming and have time to make the decision to stay or go. My self, i rather ride the storm out then run.

Geena

Staff member
I used to ride them out too, until Andrew nearly killed me. Now, I run from them..no matter how small they are.

Tony

Staff member
This is going to end up being a deer in headlights kind of day. I have so many things that I need to get done and I have no idea where to start...

Geena

Staff member
I`m doing parts ordering today. I`m FINALLY getting around to rebuilding that YS96 engine. Once I get the parts, I`ll do a complete engine rebuild video.

ChopDrifter

I think I'm done with Asus routers. I love them, I really like the features in them stock, but I just don't have luck with them. Spent all day yesterday trying to figure out what in the hell was wrong with my network here at the house. Two trips into town to get two different routers and I think it's finally fixed. I had the Asus AC3100 and it was great, then just died. So I went back and returned it for another one just like it. Hooked it up and same thing... After hours of thinking it had to be something else, we took that one back and ended up with the Linksys WRT3200ACM which I promptly installed ddwrt onto and so far, things are back where they should be.

They need to go back to building stuff to last instead of cutting corners in production to save a penny...

Yeah I've seen people go through this same scenario, I thought to my self I don't have time for that, I got a hobby that does that too me already. lol

I'm also in the process of upgrading my router, was tempted to get a $400 Asus router, but I think I'll wait till I find something better to suite my needs.

RandyDSok

Hi there Gina. I agree with you. At least you can see the hurricanes coming and have time to make the decision to stay or go. My self, i rather ride the storm out then run.

Hurricanes affect such a wider area ( statewide or more ), includes high winds, tornadoes and flooding and last for hours battering the areas they affect.... To get away from one, you may have to drive hours or states away.

The main downside to tornadoes are how quickly they can spin up but most of the time ( if you are paying attention to the weather forecasters ) you'll get typically a 20-30 minute warning that one is or has developed. The tornadoes themselves only affect a relatively narrow path and are usually short lived. While a line of storms can be pretty broad, the supercells within the line are relatively small ( compared to a hurricane ) and if you wanted to use Geena's method... you could drive out of their way usually within 30 minutes or less if you have no other options for shelter.

Neither type of storm is fun if you are threatened by them... Both have one way to protect yourself and that is to plan ahead and pay attention to the weather. The storms from last night in Tony and my area, had been going all afternoon and I watched all day ( well, started watching about 3:30pm when they started firing up ). I'd planned that if the circulation was going to reach a certain town to my west, that I'd take shelter. When it made it to that town, even though I thought it'd die out ( there was a cold front just about to kill the threat of tornadoes ), I still followed my plan and headed for the shelter I had available 3 miles away. It was just as well that I left, the rotation in question got pushed out ahead of the cold front and went further than I'd expected.

I think I'm more afraid of how much hype the news stations are going to make about a storm... than the storm itself... :D

ChopDrifter

The usual today a bit of house chores, a bit of fitness stuff, and reminiscing the days of sim sundays :p I might sim a bit later

Tony

Staff member
Randy, that tornado we had in Norman was a sneaky little bugger. The cold front had already passed it, but it was able to get its nose out in front and suck in some good air. Just enough for a very brief spin-up. Then it got sucked back behind the cold front lol. Friggin super cells playing peek-a-boo lmao.

Geena

Staff member
I did a full reset on the Bavarian Demon on my X3L, ordered the parts to rebuild my spare YS96 engine, and played my drums for a couple hours.

Geena

Staff member
Every thing ok with the Baby G?
Oh yeah, it was just pitching up a little last week, when I flew it at the fun fly last week. So I did a whole setup on the Demon, and changed all of the ball links, and control rods. Just a little general maintenance.

ChopDrifter

I've been in a shopping mood lately, bought a wall clock with a temp gauge, also shopping around for a Skull Canyon NUC, damn those things aren't cheap. :biglaugh::chuckles:

Top Bottom