What Did You Do Today???

Tony

Staff member
Haha, a face full of dirt was worth it, I have located the table with the post! :yahoo:

New thread shortly, all about COFFEE!!!!!

bigone5500

I have had my coffee almost make me want to take a nap. On the other hand, the same coffee has made it almost impossible to type. Caffeine free... BLASPHEMY!

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
The wife started a quail farm for meat & eggs. One of the bunch, 1 male & 6 female, the male got his ass kicked by the females :banghead: The ladies peck his skull apart. Long story short now the quail with no skull called willow is a house pet :bellyroll: Trying to keep stinky, my ferret, away from each other is funny. batch_IMG_1891.JPG

Rob Lancaster

I found a quale just like that one once. It wondered into the auto shop where I was working. It was very tame, so I took it home. I just let it run around the yard. I hoped Spike, the bird dog to the left here, would get along with Ozzy. No such luck. Ozzy didn't last three days before I found what was left of him under that table Spike's standing on. BAD BOY!!

scrc511

This Off Topic thread is simple, post up what you did, or plan to do today! Lets get this thread hopping!!!

Since it's early for me today, I plan on editing up the video I shot yesterday on making servo extensions and if the wind will cooperate, get out and get the maiden flight done with the XFX 450. Right now though, I'm still editing up the forum trying to make it a little easier to navigate and search.

So post up what you are doing today or have done!!!
Today, flown my 380 because I didn’t want my 4 packs sitting in the house at full charge. It’s bound to my RadioMaster MKII. Heli still flies great all these years owning it, thinking of upgrading it to 420. By the way, love the OMP Heli’s as well. Have the M1 and M2, both flies great setup with rescue using the RadioMaster.
Regards Tony.

Tony

Staff member
That has to be the best way to force yourself to fly lol. Just charge packs without a discharger hahaha.

Tony

Staff member
Well, today was exhausting, which says a lot since I work from home lol. I didn't even want to type this due to how much typing I have done today. But trying to post more on here, so here is my post lol.

Tomorrow is my Friday then a few days off. Definitely going to try to get the office organized and may have some other things to 'bring to light". We will see how it goes and if the wife approves....

Rob Lancaster

Hi all, you know I repaired two of the three cyclic servos on my Blade 130S. To my surprise it flew. But I was outside in the wind so I couldn't tell if I had good hovering control or not. Windy, windy!

In other news, some of our 53 three-year-old jalousie window hardware thingies needs repair or replacement. Oh goodie, something I've been putting off for years. lol! And after getting started, I remember why! It's one thing after another. Humbly speaking, I've worked on some pretty complicated mechanical / electrical machines, but this window repair job is starting to kick my a$@@, HA! LOL!!!

Ok everybody, have a great 4th! Speaking of the 4th, I finished all my aerial party favors. NICE!!!!!

Tony

Staff member
Ah, you must have the good ole counter weight windows with the lead weight in the wall... Yea, those suck pretty bad lol.

As for the 4th, as of right now, we do not have much planned. Usually it's hundreds of dollars worth of food, and thousands of dollars worth of fireworks to really aggravate the neighbors. Why you ask? Well we start at about 2100 or so, and we are not done with them until 0200-0300. And it's pretty much constant the entire time! But, I think we are going to back off this year. I definitely won't mind as I will not have to clean up my yard after the party lol.

Tony

Staff member
Well today I designed and am currently printing a wall mount for my work computer/client. I'm tired of it just sitting on the desk and want desk space back, so I created a mount to screw it to the wall above (or below) my 4 port switch that is next to my desk (also 3d printed the switch mount lol). I created this in TinkerCad and that program and I have not gotten along very well, but I'm starting to figure it out. It is so simple and basic that I was over thinking everything in it.

For example:

If you have already made your design, and you want to chamfer the corners, there is no way to just click on that corner and tell it to chamfer 3mm. nay nay! You have to create a blank out of a square, then use the circle (or half circle) to cut out what you want to chamfer, cut that out of the square you just made, then rotate the square, make that now a blank, put it in place, then group together to chamfer the corner.... Very basic and simple, but I"m so used to being able to click on a corner and just saying "do THIS!!" lol.

So when all was said and done, this is what I created.

DellWyseMountCapture.PNG

If for some reason you have a Dell Wyse 3040 client and you want this mount, hit me up. I highly doubt anyone will have this computer lol.

bigone5500

It's been a long time but I made myself sit down and burn some LiPo packs today. I have a new house and there are lots of trees around. I also have a medium size area to the right of my house. This makes for some challenging flights. I didn't want to chance breaking my bigger quads so I charged up 4 450mah 2s packs and flew my larva-x. It was a blast...until I got brave on the third pack. It's amazing how tough these things are. I slammed it into a pine tree and it just bounced off and recovered. Just lucky I suppose. 4 minutes goes by pretty fast and the fun ended just as soon as it started. I don't have internet here and can't upload any videos. But hopefully in the next 6 months or so AT&T will have fiber going. They are in the process of laying the piping right now and are making great strides. In the last couple weeks they have gone over 2 miles. Sources say they have been working on this project for the last 2 years.

Tony

Staff member
That sounds a lot like what my electric company did with our internet. Had to use a wireless internet option from a tower that was about 1.5 miles away, and you had to have line of sight. Such a pain and it was only 6/6. Now I have symmetrical gigabit and love every minute of it. And it has only went down twice since I have had it. Definitely hoping you get internet soon!

And I have a brand new mini quad that I may just have to charge up a pack for... Never been out of the box. :thinking:

bigone5500

Getting a shop built. Never had one and am excited about it. Hopefully in 3 days it will be done. 24x30 with 10' roll up door 12' walls and 4" concrete pad.

Tony

Staff member
That sounds very close to what I am in the planning stage of building. I'm sure you will enjoy it!

mudbogger

Today was a field day, full of small victories...I got home from work and had a friend stop over wanting to get all signed up to fly R/C - Yay! My friend found a DX6i for sale and everything on it works fine. Told him I would give him a airplane to start with once he got all the licenses needed to fly. So, he now has a FAA and AMA number, just waiting for the AMA card to come in the mail. All thats left is to find a battery charger, and of course, some Lipo batteries. He’s been training on realflight for awhile off and on, but decided to try flying for real this season. On top of that, there was a annual festival event in my area. So I got to spend a couple hours out there as well.

Top Bottom