What Did You Do Today???

bigone5500

Well I rode my new-to-me bike today. I filled up where I always do and headed out. I rode over to the nearest harbor freight to pick up a couple small items and decided to go on a shortish ride and see if I could find this public boat ramp I had seen some time before...which I didn't... so after riding about 20 minutes I turned around and headed back to whence I came but detoured through another town. By this time hunger had taken me by storm and after arriving back in my hometown, I grabbed a burger and stopped back at the gas station I first filled up. The bike held 1.8 gallons and I had ridden 102 miles. That gives me about 56 mpg. My average speed was somewhere around 60 mph. The first 25 minutes of riding averaged about 75 mph. I think the bike is doing rather well considering it's 14 years old. Hopefully I'll get a good many more miles and much enjoyment on it.

As a side note, I decided yesterday to put the pipes back on it that the guy before me had on it. They are Cobra Street Rod straight exhaust. And oh man are they loud!!!! I normally wear earplugs due to the air noise in my helmet but these things command me to wear them. But they sure do sound good.

Tony

Staff member
It's looking like this one actually worked. But seems it's taking longer for other members to see the site. If only there was a way to contact them to clear their cache lol.

Rob Lancaster

Hi guys!
My brother sent me this link. Boy does this bring back a lot of memories of my playground.
I knew a bunch of guys that worked there but unfortunately, I never met the Dummy Loads. These guys rock! Ihttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fe3C4BzJTJA&ab_channel=CWood incidentally, the dummy load of station Haiku could absorb a hundred and fifty thousand watts. Large 'A' frames with rows of giant resisters. Biggest toaster I ever saw!

I've always heard stories of all the pigs running around Haiku, but I never heard the story of the li'll piggie running around the transmitter room. Isn't she cute, WILD!!
Both the Hughes 500C and the Huey UH1 are piloted by Tom Houghman, a Vietnam vet. The 500C shown on the ground is the same one used to rescue a film crew out of Kilauea's Puu Oho vent. That was after two 500s suffered turbine failures due to ingesting volcanic ash and gases. On the third day, Tom fished out the last guy, he was barely alive.

Oh hey, this happens to be the same chopper I saw Tom do a corkscrew dive (twice) from about twenty-five hundred feet to the valley floor. This guy is either certifiably crazy, or incredibly skilled. He's still flying to this day soooooo......

Ok let's party!!

Attachments

• Dummy load A frame.jpg
    Dummy load A frame.jpg
    419.1 KB · Views: 1
  • close up of dummy load resistor.jpg
    close up of dummy load resistor.jpg
    231.7 KB · Views: 1

Tony

Staff member
Moved some things around in my office so that I could get the helicopters off the shelf I had them on and put them back on the Oak rod that I made specifically to hold them. Did this for two reasons, easier access to the helicopters (wink) and so I could see my 3D printer better when it's printing.

Tony

Staff member
I just woke up. I am craving coffee. I will make coffee. I will satisfy my craving! Man it's too early.
0729? Yea, that is early. I watched the sun come up this morning, and am just now sipping on my first cup of the day. First cup, best cup.

Tony

Staff member
I could have sworn I had a write up of "Coffee On A Whole New Level", but I cannot find it.... I think I'm losing my mind...

bigone5500

I could have sworn I had a write up of "Coffee On A Whole New Level", but I cannot find it.... I think I'm losing my mind...
I remember that post. We have had previous discussion on this subject. Community signature blend, they should sell air freshener that smells like it.

I have had to move recently and the water system here makes my coffee taste like crap. I'm gonna install an under sink charcoal filter and see if that fixes it.

Tony

Staff member
I remember that post. We have had previous discussion on this subject. Community signature blend, they should sell air freshener that smells like it.
YES!!! I wrote about how back in the day it was all about Black Silk, then I started grinding my own beans and so on. I could have sworn I posted it here, but maybe it was on another site. I definitely did not delete it. If anyone wants to search for it, it would be greatly appreciated! I'm about to bring BrokeAuto back from the dead just in case I posted it over there hahahaha.

Tony

Staff member
oh.... I will bet it was a blog post, and we do not have blogs on here anymore.... great, now i have to dig through teh old database to see if I can find it.. Oh goodie. lol.

Top Bottom