What Did You Do Today???

RandyDSok

I didn`t realize we were here to slam each other, but it`s ok. If you had the friggin` problem with windows that I have had lately...maybe you`d try something different too. Try losing 2000+ (yes...2000+) photos because windows updated and reset my whole F-ing computer back to factory settings. So there ya have it.

It's a pretty rare occurrence for something like that... probably an underlying corruption was actually to blame. If so... it could as easily happened on a Mac as well. I know of at one professional photographer that keeps several copies of backups because of lost photo's he'd had in the past... and he's a die hard Apple fan also. So it can happen on any OS...

On a similar issue... I've gotten back a clients data by performing doing a system restore back to before their update... just in case it helps.

RandyDSok

BTW....

The chances that what worked in the cased I mentioned ( system restore ) ... also working on your situation depends on slim chances that the situation that caused it was close enough to being the same... corruptions like that are seldom the same. Still it's worth a shot and shouldn't loose more than the time it takes to try it ( unless you are paying someone else to do it... then you're gambling money also ).

RandyDSok

OH... another thing to try... look in the C:\Users\ folder.... look for other user folders other than your username, any other user on the computer along with the Public and Default user folders... Something like Migrated or a ".old" folder may contain those files/photos

liquid1

Geena , congrats on the new Apple I have had issues with my Asus rog laptop and windows using Corel editor. I went from android to Apple I phone 7 plus due to the heat issues I was having flying the DJI Mavic pro so far Apple rocks huge learning curve.
Did I mention my brother is a senior manager with Apple , He’s high up on the food chain. the security is far superior to windows my next machine will be a Apple for sure. Tony I use to be with both are hack companies. There’s only 2 pick your poison.

RandyDSok

Sometimes you are lucky.... sometimes you are good... and then sometimes you are good and lucky :D:D

The ex-GF called just a little after noon saying she thought her water pipes may be frozen. It wouldn't be a surprise since we got down to 14° overnight... and her personal assistant seems to have not thought about it and turned off her dripping faucets that were left that way ( dripping that is ) on purpose.

So I swing by Ace Hardware to pick up a heat bulb ( I needed one also, so I got a pair of them ) and headed out to her place. First, I thought I'd check out the well house and change out her light bulb with the heat lamp since she said it wasn't working... did that and then found out the new bulb didn't turn on either. Looked at the pressure gauge on the pump and it had zero pressure.

Tested the lamp and bulb in the house and it worked fine... This sucked, now I'm worried about if the electricity out at the well house was even working. I also didn't bring my multi-meter with me ( not being a plumber or electrician... or even thinking that was a possible reason )... so know I'm thinking I have to drive 25 miles back into town to get my tester.

So headed back to town... then I remembered my ex-secretary/accountant ( retired ) lived out this way and her hubby is a retired electrician... and he also knows a bit about water wells to boot. So I call them up and swing by their place... talk with the hubby a bit about the well and then borrow his voltmeter ( it was a Fluke... so he's lucky to get it back... lol )... and headed back for the Ex's place.

Got back.. went to the well house and tested the incoming lines before the points/relays... got power there, tested after the points/relay.. no power. Ah ha.... flipped the points and the well turned on. The pressure on the gauge came up... yee haw... I went inside the house and closed off the taps ( that we left open ) down to a dribble.

So... good and lucky works for me.. :)

Tony

Staff member
Way better than what I had to do a year ago. 340 foot well and had to hand pull a pump and replace it in freezing temps lmao. Not a fun job whatsoever!!!

liquid1

Rdsok , gotta love the well House points system I keep a spare set handy. Great story

I didn’t do anything fancy today just took a much needed knap , national rain day

Tony

Staff member
I really don't want to get into my day. Talk about a day of "if it can go wrong, it will go wrong" because it seems that EVERY FRIGGIN THING is going wrong in one way or another. Just an UGH day...

Geena

Staff member
I really don't want to get into my day. Talk about a day of "if it can go wrong, it will go wrong" because it seems that EVERY FRIGGIN THING is going wrong in one way or another. Just an UGH day...
I ca sure relate to that, and after the week I just had, it`s time to go to the flying field and fly angry. My X7 is already trembling at the idea....Hahaha.

Tony

Staff member
So today I was modifying some parts and shoved a little over half of a #11 Xacto blade in my finger... So that was fun...

Tony

Staff member
Stitches? Who needs those when you have paper towels (blue shop towels) and electrical tape lmao. Basically the exact same dressing I used when I laid my forearm open and could see my muscle moving with the exact same friggin blade lmao. But, I no longer cut carpet with a hobby knife hahahaha.

Geena

Staff member
LOL... good point there. I keep electrical tape in my toolbox too, for just such emergencies. Glad you`re ok though.

Tony

Staff member
Just a flesh wound

fleshc.jpg

bigone5500

I hauled trash and worked on a quad. I also played around on YouTube and at gummy worms. Then I ate supper and came back to the computer to post on RCH while I at more gummy worms.

It's been a long day. Now let's eat more gummies!

Admiral

I sat with the A/C on (38C / 100.4F here today) and watched the cricket Australia/England and worked out what I needed to repair the 450L after a mishap on Saturday.

RandyDSok

I got a 1Tb hard drive for my Media PC today. :)

So I'm in the process of copying all of the data from my external drive that has my movies and music on there over to the new drive. I'll have to clean off some of the old system backups and other stuff I don't need in the Media PC after I get done... but instead of being selective now with what I'm copying, I'm just getting it all. Once it's done, it'll be easier to delete what I didn't want than to just copy one folder at a time.

Tony

Staff member
Well, the last couple of days have been pretty busy for me. I'm sure you have noticed the videos have slowed down and that is mainly because of the 'other' things I have going on. I'm trying to work on a way to get everything done all at once, but holy crap is that hard.

So yesterday (Friday) I couldn't sleep worth a crap and ended up waking up at 0230 in the morning. Not the worst that could happen, but I finally fell asleep at about 2330. Yea, not good. At about 1000 my step dad brings over his new (to him) boat and he needs me to wire up his truck with a trailer plug and rewire the entire trailer since most wires were just twisted together, had wire nuts on them (if you work on cars, and you use wire nuts, please stop working on cars...) and others were just cut.

He was thinking about just putting the new 7 pin plus a 4 under the receiver hitch, but I told him that just drilling a hole in the bumper to the left of the license plate would be a better option, and no risk of dragging it off and it would look better since there was already a black door for his spare tire on the right side (2000 Chevy Silverado). He agreed, and I pulled out the hole saw and went to town. Once that was done, found the trailer plug wires, wired them in and the truck was done. Since he has nothing to pull that has brakes or reverse lights, I didn't bother to hook those up. I also didn't hook up the Aux power either since I didn't feel like running a wire the entire length of his truck. Some day.

So with that done I was pretty much spent for the day. Came inside and started working on the new site. I'm also working on the other YouTube channel as well which we still need a LOT of help with. If you want to help, it's Z28.com All we are asking is to subscribe and help us out since youtube is giving us the shaft. After all of that, the day was over and it was time for some netflix and then bed.

Today, I wake up and realize I had not had to work on cars like that in quite a long time. Damn I was sore. But, things needed to happen today, big things. I have got to clean out my garage so that I can start shooting some videos in there. So I get started on cleaning and I am doing a pretty good job, but the friggin radio is playing horrible music and the banter on the morning show is absolutely atrocious. I need Spotify out there. So I stat looking for a tuner or a radio or something that has a 3.5mm input jack, and I only have two. The first one is the one that I'm putting in my camaro, but saving that for a video. So that is out. The next one is the flip out screen that I had in my camaro, but it quit working, hence why I was changing it. Figured what the hell, lets see if we can get it to work. An hour and a half later and nope, still broke. But as I was testing it, something else got in my way.

My sister started her truck and then yelled at me while I was working on the flip out radio and tells me that her truck is telling her it's not charging. I take my volt meter out there and sure enough, not charging. "You need a new alternator". The battery without the truck turned on was 12.36 volts. With it running was 12.08. It wasn't charging. I tell the guy at the parts store to pull the right one and I send them in my grandmas car to get the new alt. They are gone for a really long time. It's only a 5-10 minute drive to the parts store.

They finally get back (truck blocking my garage door that I had open so couldn't remove a bunch of metal that I wanted to get out of there with the tractor) and they hand me a piece of paper. They tested the alt 3 times and it passed all 3 times. Great, there is a bad connection somewhere. I take everything apart between the alt and the battery and I clean everything. I pull off some stupid wiring her husband did and had her start it. Nope, not charging. So just for S&G's I decide to take a wrench and tighten the nut on the back of the alt, which I have already tightened, any more and it starts to turn in the case, and I hear the engine go under load. Yup, it's charging and I get told this very loudly from my sister.

So the alt is bad, it has a broke connection inside the alt. I look in there and see nothing. I tell her that she needs a new one and yea, she just ended up leaving since it was charging and by that time, the sun had already gone down.

Thankfully my tractor has lights on it so I loaded up the scrap trash I have (Ford 5.0 mustang parts, nothing but trash like intakes, headers and so on... it's for a ford, so it's trash...) and I dump it behind the garage in my scrap pile. From there, I was pretty much spent and decided to call it a night. Came in, did my usual, went to bed. The wife was already asleep when I decided to go to sleep, but as I was getting ready to go to sleep, I knocked something over on my night stand and that woke her up. That was about two hours ago.... Yea, it's going to be another long day tomorrow.... See you then!

Top Bottom