What Did You Do Today???

liquid1

Tony, Yes sir the big man upstairs was for sure looking after me, my brake light came on same time as the pedal went to floor to late after that. Trucks in good shape I bought it new back in 2001 just had a state inspection a few weeks ago they had it on lift the line rusted right under the rubber guard where flex hose and steel lines solder I checked the other corners all good. I’ll be really going over my truck now. Truck sets a lot as I use a company F550 for work. This is my weekend warrior truck love this Old ford. Had it painted a few years back by Ford the new king ranch I want is 70k

Attachments

• 893BF5E8-4433-4532-97FC-D8EDB8E264BB.jpeg
    893BF5E8-4433-4532-97FC-D8EDB8E264BB.jpeg
    341.2 KB · Views: 2

Geena

Staff member
I spend an hour and a half on the phone with Canon tech support today, trying to get the error 99 on my 40D camera body to go away. Finially, the guy said "send it in, and we`ll fix it for you." Soooo. I have to mail it off to canon for repairs. On the bright side...it will be in brand new condition when I get it back. :)

liquid1

Went to local ford dealer no parts in stock ordered parts, I did find a Truck on the lot I totally fell in love with yep this one.. 2018 Raptor off-road in Black! I would want the 5.0L not sold on eco boost it’s still a bad arse rig. My beautiful wife said NO!! Lol

Attachments

• CA9FD360-4D8A-43FF-8500-0A50ED26C539.jpeg
    CA9FD360-4D8A-43FF-8500-0A50ED26C539.jpeg
    380.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 8D38B6BE-CA6A-4859-95EF-0A5BB7C27D8B.jpeg
    8D38B6BE-CA6A-4859-95EF-0A5BB7C27D8B.jpeg
    499.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 2120A340-9589-40A2-A53A-853DA077636E.jpeg
    2120A340-9589-40A2-A53A-853DA077636E.jpeg
    465.6 KB · Views: 2
  • 114F901A-5EB1-4B2E-B2B9-BC39B689F030.jpeg
    114F901A-5EB1-4B2E-B2B9-BC39B689F030.jpeg
    312.8 KB · Views: 2

Tony

Staff member
If those are anything like the first gen raptor's, you will turn away when you see those MPG numbers lol. I am not a ford fan in any way, shape or form. Chevy all the way! Mopar second! But, don't knock that eco boost v6. There is a guy on my other forum BrokeAuto.com that is laying down some really good numbers in the 1/4.

liquid1

Yes they run like a scalded cat, not sure if it’s a good tow truck more for Baja play fun , I’ve had Chevy and always go back to ford although the 2500 duramax or new Chevy gasser is very nice.
the new ford all aluminum looks great til it’s crinkled but can cause nightmares with ground bondings. I can’t complain about my old pickup old blues been a goodin 130k no issues til now nock on wood. I use to play in Nc mtns a lot and in the snow but always cleaned the underside good. Looks like the brack lines is a place salt got to. Not much else looks rusted.

Tony

Staff member
Wow, the RCH youtube channel lost quite a few subs the last couple of days... Interesting.

liquid1

Youtube is a strange beast in itself, I just put up videos for the fun of it on mine... I have some cool content and at times I will get a few views and subs. Your on there helping RC enthusiast very strange audience at times.

RandyDSok

I learned I'm still not a morning person... :D

Went to bed early, got up at 4:30a to try and get some shots of the lunar eclipse... come about 2pm and I was just whooped. Had I stayed up late and got the same sleep... it wouldn't have been a thing.

Still... I did get some shots... although I messed up and screwed up the focus during the shoot trying to sharpen it a little bit more...

Here are a few... two before totality ( one was focused fair )... and one after...

DSC_4060-1_1024.jpg

DSC_4107-1_1024.jpg

DSC_4125-1_1024.jpg

Tony

Staff member
I thought about getting up to see it, then realized I had seen an eclipse and I really like my sleep lmao. Of course not going to bed until well after midnight didn't help either lmao.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I learned I'm still not a morning person... :D

Went to bed early, got up at 4:30a to try and get some shots of the lunar eclipse... come about 2pm and I was just whooped. Had I stayed up late and got the same sleep... it wouldn't have been a thing.

Still... I did get some shots... although I messed up and screwed up the focus during the shoot trying to sharpen it a little bit more...

Here are a few... two before totality ( one was focused fair )... and one after...

View attachment 19863

View attachment 19864

View attachment 19865

I couldn't see it :( so out of focus or not... like always great shots and thanks for sharing :)

RandyDSok

Rdsok , very nice capture looks great what camera are you using or telescope

Nikon D3300 DLSR with my 75mm-300mm lens @300mm. I've got a 5 1/2" telescope I could hook the camera up to but the Moon requires two shots to get the whole disk that I'd have to merge.... which would suck on the eclipse since it is changing so much constantly. I usually just use the telescope for personal viewing instead of astrophography...

Tony

Staff member
Well, a few days ago I cleaned out the bed of the S-10 that we are restoring and putting a V8 into. I knew I was pushing my back a little further than I should, and I'm regretting it now. Yesterday was a bad day. I couldn't find a single place to sit without excruciating pain so I had to stay in bed all day and had to pull out the prescription muscle relaxers. I don't normally like taking these, but had no choice.

It didn't get any better day before yesterday when I decided to put the middle buster on my tractor and get the garden ripped up and ready for tilling. Once it was ripped up, I decided to put our compost pile in the areas where we have red clay from the well we had drilled when we moved here. On the 4th bucket load of dirt, I had the left wheels up on a ridge and the right wheels in a valley and with a bucked load of compost, this didn't end well. The tractor started to tip to the right and I had no other choice than to put my right foot on the ground and wait for this tractor to come over. This did a number on my back! Not good times. This was before

This back injury started when I was 16 and I was working on my old truck. This many years later, and even the slightest move can put me down for days. Today, we have to shoot some more videos on that truck and my back is not much better. Time for what I do best.... Smile through the pain....

Last edited:

liquid1

I had a s10 on 32” ers. Loved the truck except the 2.8L was a dog traded it for a Jeep Wrangler.
I started my Dominator 470 lm build yesterday. Had to do the work thing today.

Top Bottom