Trucks Tmaxx 2.5 'rebuild'

bigone5500

I'm gonna come out pretty good on this one. When I get the rest of the parts I'll only have about $200 invested.

Tony

Staff member
I'm going to have to teach you how to hold a phone sideways so it fills up the screen on a computer... Nice haul though!

bigone5500

I'm trying to be like iPhone vertical video...LOL!

Got the new spur gear installed.
15285993592343795035231729192469.jpg

New wiring harness installed.
15285994030378994913862300939631.jpg

Gonna call it a night. My back is killing me.

Tony

Staff member
You can, but it's not required. The grease could pick up all sorts of dirt and debris and trap it in there which would act like an abrasive. If you have the money Mr. Moneyman, get some steel driveshafts. Well worth it, especially for the larger engines.

Tony

Staff member
Not much, but enough to be effective. At least it is not old, dry and hard like my last one was lol.

bigone5500

I can now say I have rebuilt the rear end of a tmaxx. It was fun and educational. For those who tackle this for the first time and get to the point where you put it back together and wonder why the gears are so tight, there is a small shim on one gear that must go to the inside of the gear case. The other gear does not have one and goes against the large gear.

20180610_115733.jpg

bigone5500

A little more progress. Need hex hub, 2 more tires, and a shock shaft then I should be about ready for some dirt.

20180610_155442.jpg

Tony

Staff member
Going to the aquarium my butt... You just wanted to get off Discord to work on the truck.... I see how it is lmao.

Tony

Staff member
hahahaha. Aquariums are nice if you go to a good one. Love looking at the reefs. Mainly because that is what I have in my living room.

Tony

Staff member
Oh, you went with stockers. I thought you were going to get those newer style tires. Either way, those look good!

Top Bottom