The New RC-Help helicopter

stokke

Thanks to everybody who pitched in!

We still need more donations though, so please consider donating if you haven't done so already.

Whirlybird

Tony Quote to Boki "pull up the smilie box (you don't have to be in advanced mode, you cna do it from the quick reply by clicking on the smilies" . . .

:dunno: I've been on this forum since it started and never knew that :dunno:

:facepalm: Even us old-timers (who know everything) learn something new every day :facepalm:

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
I have a guy that gets me a gallon of 30 prevent heli fuel for 18 bucks (half price almost) lol the only problem is how will you get it from me lol

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

Meet each other half way. But then again that could equal full price on the nitro.

To meet half way it would cost me $50 in fuel. So that $18 gallon of fuel would end up running $68. No thank you, I will stick to $30 a gallon lmao.

Tony

Staff member
Oh hell NO! My fat ass couldn't fit in a prius lmao. There is a reason I only drive V8's lmao. Check your PM's.

Tony

Staff member
Thanks to some recent donations of an undisclosed amount (donators choice, not mine and I respect that!), we were able to purchase 3 Align 610 servos for the cyclic as well as a 620 for the throttle. Now we just need the tail servo and the balls for the horns and we will be set to put this thing in the air. It's amazing we have made it this far. We are almost there.

I will have the heli in my hands tomorrow when I wake up if everything goes okay. I should also have the front tail gears soon as well. Can't wait.

zenmetsu

Man, I can't wait to get my servos and motor. I really want to get my heli up in the air. I cannot believe how nice and smooth the tail slider is on this one, compared to my 250. My 250 gets a bit sticky when the slider is all the way to the left, but I get way too much play if I loosen it up enough to stop the binding. I just have to live with 92% travel range in that direction.

I think that I am going to have serious envy if you get the 600 up in the air first and I have to watch the videos.

Tony

Staff member
Well, I will have the heli later today, the servos I think are going to be shipped tomorrow and if Gaba decides to sell me the Futaba S9256 for the tail, I can have it in the air this weekend if I wanted to. However with the crying for more videos, I'm sure it will be January before we are able to put it in the air lmao. I never thought making videos would turn out like this...

Tony

Staff member
I need to locate a USB dongle and cable for this heli. I will also need an extension USB for this as well. This heli is too big to sit on my desk while I program it, so I will need about 5-10' of cable to make this work.

If you know where I can get this, let me know. I can't put this bird in the air until I have it. Mainly because I don't know what the settings are set to right now.

Let me know!

Tony

Staff member
that's good to know. If all else fails, I can just take the massive collection of old USB's that I have now and splice them in. I would just need to find out what the longest you can make one is. I know cat5e is 100m, not sure about usb though.

Tony

Staff member
5m sounds about right for it. I had no intention on going 15', maybe 10 at the most. But more than likely 5', or 1.66m :D. See, I know a little about metric. Not a lot though, I think I just used up what I do know hahaha. Need to refuel.

Top Bottom