The New RC-Help helicopter

callsign4223

Staff member
Hey, I wanna be there for the first flight. Name the time and place, I will move heaven and earth to be there. You need a camera man anyway, can't have you using that cruddy sunglasses camera.

Tony

Staff member
I'm sure the first flight will just be a hover trying to get the gyro setup. Pretty much the same I did with the 450. However, once the gyro is done I will start in on the flying part when people will see a crash. and yes, I will want a camera man on that one lmao.

Apon further inspection, this heli will need a new set of main blades soon. At some time the heli tipped over and struck the ground and rubbed a place on teh under side of the blade tips. So guess what... Let me get used to this heli and there will be some grass cutting and blade scrapes with these blades. If they hold together that is lol.

heli-maniac

it hurts to think of the price for the blades its bad enough on just my 550 15.00 to 20.00 bucks more on that 600 pro witch i just got my new REVOLUTION Blades today so now i got a back up pair if i ever get to fly it
i should have my servos by Wednesday i hope

Dang i hate both my helis being down right now

Tony

Staff member
You should be in my shoes lmao. I have a 600 nitro sitting here and I have parts all over the world to put it together lmao. I hate waiting.

As for the blade cost, you are right, it SUCKS on the cost and I WILL NOT buy the cheap chinese blades like I had on that crap HK600GT. Those things scare the hell out of me. I'm more comfortable with these scuffed up Align 600 blades than I am with the knockoff blades.

And you will have your 550 in the air shortly. I can't wait to see it flying around. Almost as much as seeing the 600 in the air... Almost :biggrin1:

Tony

Staff member
Yes, those are the only blades that i will use. Edge makes some of the best there are. And they have a price to prove it too lol.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Don't forget maverikks
I am flying to g5 pros right now. But you don't have to get those. You can just get the 60 bucks ones. They are awesome too. I flew them too before I got these after I crashed the other ones.. Or get the cheap "pro 3d" kind .. They aren't a company name but well known around lhs-es for cheaper blades. 40 bucks for 600mm blades. I would never compare them to the radix or edge of maverikks. But I still wouldn't put them by HK stuff. I have flown HK and I have flown maverikks and pro 3d. I have a back up pro 3d always just in case I can't afford a better blade, the bird can get air :)
Fly safe!! :) have fun!

Last edited:

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Updated post..

And the sad part is I don't even like cricket that much ... And now I am the "cricket boy" lol

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

murankar

Staff member
it hurts to think of the price for the blades its bad enough on just my 550 15.00 to 20.00 bucks more on that 600 pro witch i just got my new REVOLUTION Blades today so now i got a back up pair if i ever get to fly it
i should have my servos by Wednesday i hope

Dang i hate both my helis being down right now

I got the same problem. I feel the pain.

Whirlybird

Back to the USB question, my buddy Jeff, who as I mentioned is a senior managing engineer at Intel and the primary co-inventor of the USB standard, has this to say . . .

"The USB 1.1 Standard specifies that a standard cable can have a maximum length of 3 meters with devices operating at Low Speed (1.5 Mbit/s), and a maximum length of 5 meters with devices operating at Full Speed (12 Mbit/s)."

"USB 2.0 provides for a maximum cable length of 5 meters for devices running at Hi Speed (480 Mbit/s). The primary reason for this limit is the maximum allowed round-trip delay of about 1.5 μs. If USB host commands are unanswered by the USB device within the allowed time, the host considers the command lost."

"The USB 3 spec stipulates a maximum 5 meter cable length. However, most cables are much shorter due to the cost entailed in building a cable with sufficiently low insertion loss/unit length to operate reliably at 5 meters. USB3 requires additional cable conductors - two differential pairs - to carry the 5 Gbit/sec signaling."

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
In all honesty, I think I can make this happen with 5-10' off cable. The information you posted helps out a lot. Once I receive my USB link, I will see about splicing the extension I have and see if it works. If it doesn't, then I guess I will have to order one.

I'm still really hoping someone on here has a second USB link with 3GX cable that they want to sell. *ahem* or donate :biggrin1:

Whirlybird

You might want check Helifreak website's classifieds . . . A ton of people post there :)

:nono: Though it probably wouldn't be a "donation" :nono:

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
I have looked over there and the only thing I found was posted in September. I have kept looking though and won't give up until I find one.

Tony

Staff member
All servos are now here. However I cant' set any of it up until I get the USB plug for the 3GX gyro. And new bearings for the clutch. And we are still hoping the engine is in decent shape since I can't get the head off. But we can't start it until we get the USB plug for the 3GX. ugh....

Tony

Staff member
Hey everyone, I thought I would give you an update to what is going on with teh heli right now. At this time, the head and tail have been rebuilt and some parts have come up that are needed. I'm posting this here for anyone that wants to help out in getting them.

the parts are as follows as of right now.

flybarless blade grip links
5mm x 10mm x 4mm bearings. Need at least 5 of those
10mm x 19mm x 5mm bearing for the clutch
servo backing plates for one servo. This holds the front of the servo, and has a place to screw into to secure it.

At this time that is the parts list. I'm no where near done with this heli and I'm sure more will come up in the future. It is moving along though. As stated, the head and tail are rebuilt, but need some bearings. Once they are put in, this thing will spin forever. The engine is just going to have to go in as is without being torn apart. It sucks, but I'm not going to destroy a good engine. All of the servos are here as stated above and later on today, I should have my USB link so I can figure out what is in this gyro. This will also open up the door to get the 3GX setup as well as the DX8 and get some movement out of it. I'm trying to keep my eye open for an Align starter as well. I hate the idea of starting this thing with a drill, but will if I have to.

As stated, if anyone wants to help out with this, your name will go on the canopy when I paint the custom one. It will be a while, but it will go on there. I always have a list with me of who has donated and you don't have to donate monetarily, if you have parts, that works just as well.

Thanks again to all that have helped out on this project so far, it's greatly appreciated.

Top Bottom