The New RC-Help helicopter

Tony

Staff member
I may just take Matt up on it. But, I get to fly ALL of his aircraft. The .50, 450, 130x, P-51 and anything else that he has :chuckles:

heli-maniac

bro, I have no intention of getting anything other than Align parts for this bird. It has Align blades on it now, but they are not the 3G blades that it needs (weighted differently). all spare parts will be Align, trust me. Bro you know me and what I have been through, i will not put a sub par part on this bird. If something fails, then I hope like hell I get it on video because it's going to be epic lmao.

No worries bro, it will stay 100% Align.

the funny thing on the 3g blades my brand new 550 V2 3gx supper combo kit dose not have 3g on the blades
the only thing i have seen as far as is fb blades to fbl blades is the wait of the fbl blade is a little heavier

Tony

Staff member
Actually thinking back to the video, I think it's etched into the blades "3G". Not like the smaller heli's where it has 3G in the black. IDK, I"m not a good enough pilot to know the difference lmao.

heli-maniac

Actually thinking back to the video, I think it's etched into the blades "3G". Not like the smaller heli's where it has 3G in the black. IDK, I"m not a good enough pilot to know the difference lmao.
mine have a part # etched on them but thats all i see o well if Align put them in the kit they must be ok. I cant fly anyway for it to make a difference
ok back to waiting on the tooth count of the front TT drive gear

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
mine have a part # etched on them but thats all i see o well if Align put them in the kit they must be ok. I cant fly anyway for it to make a difference
ok back to waiting on the tooth count of the front TT drive gear

I'm trying to remember what my factory blades said on them but I can't. They were 3G blades. But they were fly bared. They were just designing FLH's back then.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Jesse

Here is the tooth count

On the bottom the part that touches the auto gear is 40 teeth on top of that is 20 teeth..

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Hello :)

On the top of the homepage.. Where there is the menu frame "articles , forum...." There is a button for "donate"

I am a moderator on this website. Want you to know, your donation is really appreciated!! It helps all of us.. ;) have you seen the heli's video yet ? :)

We have a heli (I bought it off the donations we got) we are now just waiting for getting servos and field equipment for it ;)

heli-maniac

Jesse

Here is the tooth count

On the bottom the part that touches the auto gear is 40 teeth on top of that is 20 teeth..

thanks Gaba those are the ones i have that dont fit my 550 so i will be sending them to Tony after i get his address

Tony

Staff member
Hi Stokke , I am in for $30 where do i donate. cheers Graham

As stated, you can click the donate button at the top of the forum in the navbar, or you can send the donation directly to tonydnewlin@aol.com via paypal. As the others have stated, it's greatly appreciated. Your money will go into a fund to help purchase the servos to finish this build. Then, it's on to the starter, pump and fuel.

thanks Gaba those are the ones i have that dont fit my 550 so i will be sending them to Tony after i get his address

I take it you tossed out the envelope? lol. I will send you a PM.

Graham Lawrie

Total Donated!
$303.13!

As most of you know, Tony had to sell the "RC-Help 450" due to some personal financial restructuring. It's been discussed in some other threads if the site members would chip in on a new "RC-Help bird". The feedback looks positive, as most members would gladly give some of theirs to our esteemed site founder.

About now you might think; "Why can't the members just donate whatever they feel like, when they feel like it?"

First of all, some members may never have considered to donate - therefore this thread is to make everyone aware of the "problem". Secondly, it would not help much if everybody donated 1 buck each...

It truly sucks that the "mastermind" behind RC-Help does not own a helicopter of his own. Tony, who's the most eager to help of all members, cannot fully contribute due to the lack of further experience and hardware. Most of us know that economic hardship will strike now and then, and some hard prioritizing choices has to be made?

What if we all chip in, and Tony proceeds to sell the bird later on?

If we all use the "Donate" function on the site, the money belongs to RC-Help - and not Tony - which would mean it's not for Tony to sell. Tony has himself stated that RC-help's funds will be used for RC-Help and NOT for any personal gain. So actually, the new "RC-Help bird" would belong to us, the members.

Furthermore, if a new RC-Help bird is to be built, I would expect a new fabulous build video series would follow. It's a known fact that Tony's 450 3GX build series is one of the major sources for new members to RC-Help. Yes, Tony makes some good quality build vids!

So, down to business.

If 20 members were to contribute US $30 each, we would have 600 bucks - which would get us close to a nice .50 size bird. This is just a random number, just thrown out there... I'm not sure what's considered "a lot of money" over in the US, but I would not mind departing with 30 bucks (I would not have a problem donating more if it meant achieving some sort of goal).

Please answer these questions.

Would you like to donate?
How much would you like to donate?
What do you think our goal should be?
Hi Just donated $30 via paypal. all the best Graham

Tony

Staff member
Brother, your donation is much appreciated. This will help out greatly in getting the RCH Heli up and running when Gaba sends it to me lol. I'm working on a new thread for this since this one is getting quite long now. When I do, I will put an updated and detailed list of donateors on the first page. Have to give credit where credit is due. Thanks again bro!

Tony

Staff member
I updated the first post with Total donation and Current in PayPal amounts for future purchases.

Top Bottom