The New RC-Help helicopter

Lee

The servo plates you means the carbon plates that go over the servo? Bearings, i'll have a look, i have a bag full but don't know the sizes.

Tony

Staff member
Yea, there is the carbon plates that go over the fronts to spread out the force of the screws, then there is the plastic pieces that the servo screws screw into that go in behind the frame. I only need one for the one where the wood was on the frame. I'm looking at the cost for some of the parts that I "want" to replace and I dont' think it's going to happen for quite some time lol. Just the tail block is $65 and the DFC head is $135 or so lol. Sure would look purdy though.

Lee

I have the carbon plates only, no plastic back plates. And one of those bearings. So not really much help. I have a tonne if other bearings and some spares.

Tony

Staff member
Yeah, I should have had these bearings but don't lol. Way of life I guess. Gaba said he has a place that sells really good bearings pretty cheap. I will see what kind of prices he can get me on them. I would like to get a couple extra just in case. As for the back plates, I will just order them, they are cheap. The carbon front pieces are not so cheap though lmao.

Tony

Staff member
Hey, does anyone have a metal main bearing block for the 600? I would really like to replace that lower block with a metal one, I'm just not sure they make one. I may have to use one of the top ones and just get a custom bearing for it. thought I would ask.

Tony

Staff member
I just wanted to let everyone know this heli build is going great. I have something that looks like a helicopter once again.

Less the bearings and the new found issue with the one way in the main gear, this thing is coming together very nicely. There is still some parts that I need to get, but all in all, it's looking great.

If you have any comments or suggestions for this bird, post them up. And don't forget, it's not too late to donate to get your name on this heli! I may not put the names on the canopy, I may put them somewhere else that is a little more permanent.

Graham Lawrie

Hi Tony, I will help what little i can. I will make a donation on Paypal this month and again in January, i hope this helps. Cheers and Merry Christmas. Graham

Tony

Staff member
Hey Gaham, thanks bro. every cent counts that we can bring in on this project. I hope you get your bird in the air here very soon.

Tony

Staff member
I want to update this and let everyone know I will be making an order for parts tonight when I get to work. Thanks to Graham, we have the cash to take care of what I know is wrong or missing on the bird now. Many thanks Graham, I hope to repay the favor one of these days!

Dont' forget, we still need replacement parts for this bird so feel free to help out when you can.

Tony

Staff member
Just reading through this thread and I'm still amazed that we made this happen. Wait.. We? No, Stokke got the ball rolling on this and for that I have to thank him. The build has hit a standstill for now, but it will be picking back up again here soon. If you are a new member and have not read through this thread, it's worth the read IMO.

Thanks again to everyone that made this possible.

I'm downloading new editing software that I'm hoping will help with the editing of the videos that I deleted on accident. Should be much faster than my last one as well. we will find out if the file will ever download. It's only about 6GB of data on a 3meg connection lmao. I will get there though and when I do, there will be some more videos. I just love doing the videos too much to stop them...

Tony

Staff member
You and I both bro. It's been sitting on top of my vinyl plotter for weeks now just waiting on some go go juice. and other small things...

Top Bottom