The New RC-Help helicopter

stokke

Total Donated!
$473.00!
Less PayPal Fees​

Total Amount In PayPal For Helicopter
$44.00!

As you know, Jesse (superbad) found the Align 600 Nitro Pro at a local hobby shop to him. We paid a total of $379 with tax for the heli. We have also purchased a new exhaust pipe that will better fit the engine for $28. shipping for the heli was $22. We are well on our way to completely putting this heli in the air!!! Just as soon as Gaba sends it lmao.

So we are up to $429 total spent on the bird so far.

As most of you know, Tony had to sell the "RC-Help 450" due to some personal financial restructuring. It's been discussed in some other threads if the site members would chip in on a new "RC-Help bird". The feedback looks positive, as most members would gladly give some of theirs to our esteemed site founder.

About now you might think; "Why can't the members just donate whatever they feel like, when they feel like it?"

First of all, some members may never have considered to donate - therefore this thread is to make everyone aware of the "problem". Secondly, it would not help much if everybody donated 1 buck each...

It truly sucks that the "mastermind" behind RC-Help does not own a helicopter of his own. Tony, who's the most eager to help of all members, cannot fully contribute due to the lack of further experience and hardware. Most of us know that economic hardship will strike now and then, and some hard prioritizing choices has to be made?

What if we all chip in, and Tony proceeds to sell the bird later on?

If we all use the "Donate" function on the site, the money belongs to RC-Help - and not Tony - which would mean it's not for Tony to sell. Tony has himself stated that RC-help's funds will be used for RC-Help and NOT for any personal gain. So actually, the new "RC-Help bird" would belong to us, the members.

Furthermore, if a new RC-Help bird is to be built, I would expect a new fabulous build video series would follow. It's a known fact that Tony's 450 3GX build series is one of the major sources for new members to RC-Help. Yes, Tony makes some good quality build vids!

So, down to business.

If 20 members were to contribute US $30 each, we would have 600 bucks - which would get us close to a nice .50 size bird. This is just a random number, just thrown out there... I'm not sure what's considered "a lot of money" over in the US, but I would not mind departing with 30 bucks (I would not have a problem donating more if it meant achieving some sort of goal).

Please answer these questions.

Would you like to donate?
How much would you like to donate?
What do you think our goal should be?

murankar

Staff member
I will be in. Just need to scratch a few green backs together. I will be highly upset if tony gets his up and flying before I get mine.

zenmetsu

I don't have any funds in my throw-away account that I use for web purchases. Luckily my silver supplier will pay me cash or paypal, and with silver running $32.5/oz right now, I only have to part with a single ounce so it isn't a big deal. So count me in; i just want to see some build videos. :)

stokke

I don't have any funds in my throw-away account that I use for web purchases. Luckily my silver supplier will pay me cash or paypal, and with silver running $32.5/oz right now, I only have to part with a single ounce so it isn't a big deal. So count me in; i just want to see some build videos. :)

Haha :D That's much appreciated, fantastic!

- - - Updated - - -

That makes it $180!

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Add my 30 and make it a 210 ;)

The goal should be 500 and that should put tony (and rc-help) at an arm's reach of a used 600 nitro or a used 500 or something electric.

Personally I think he should get a nitro cause he needs it !! ;) if I can check that bird out in aerohobbies and it really is 350 for all that its got then by ghilly I could just buy that for him from here and have him drive his butt here to pick it up and finally get to meet him too! Lol

Just an idea ;)

Last edited:

Adam

I think we want to get him a kit for another build video he has the itch for an build

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
That's the thing. He doesn't have to have a kit to build it. I know him well enough that even if he gets a built bird he will pull it apart I peices like bearing by bearing and rebuild it.. We are gonna get a build video out of him one way or the other.

Used nitros are dirt cheap right now and good ones too! Much cheaper than putting together a brand new 600 size. We can Even have him rebuild the engines on those things! It'll be awesome!

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
When we see how much we have collected and not promised to contribute and not contributed, it will be up to Tony to deside what he wants. I hope there will be enough for a new 600 align but we will see! Lol.

callsign4223

Staff member
Heck, after all the discussion I really wanna see a chaos 600 super combo. We KNOW align is good. We KNOW hk pretty much sucks. We know that lee swears by his chaos birds also though, so I would like to see a chaos build so tony can directly compare the chaos to the align materials. That way we can tell if chaos is a good alternative to align. Not that I don't trust lee, just that tony has had align and could directly compare them.

Tony

Staff member
Simply amazing the members of this forum they are. That's right, I went a little starwars little guy on ya (can't remember his name lol).

In all honesty, it's up to the members on what I get. I can and will build, repair and fly anything. It doesn't matter to me. I do think we are pretty much set on a 600 size heli though and that scares the living **** out of me. (I put the * in, not the forum lol). I only flew my 600 once and I did nothing more than hover it. It was 40ºf outside when I flew it, and I was shaking like a leaf in a tornado with that heli. But, I would still love to get another one. I think the quality is why I was so afraid of it. I didn't know if those blades were going to come flying off.

with that said, let me input my own personal input on what I have been thinking about getting. I know I have been looking at electrics, but Nitro is who I am. When I raced cars and trucks, I started in electric, it was boring so I went nitro. I love nitro, I have always wanted nitro and this could be a new avenue for RcH.

Remember the T-Maxx? I know Adam does, he owns it. I purchased that used, and in horrible shape. But I was able to do a build series on it that I had never done before. Something that everyone out there can relate to that wants to save money, I mean, buying something used, cleaning it up, replacing a few broken parts and getting a killer deal because you were willing to put a little work into it.

I can do the same thing with a used Nitro heli. I WILL do videos on it. I WILL video the flights (on a different youtube channel, but still). And if we end up going used nitro, I will show exactly what you should go through and check, replace, or repair.

I know nothing about a nitro heli or plane, I have never owned one. I can read all day long and watch videos, but the way my mind works, I know nothing until I do it for myself. this is one reason I have been wanting to go nitro.

Gaba, if you can do what you stated above, do it. I'm good for it. I don't care if I have to ship you my DX8 as collateral until we can get all of this put together.

Every member on here will have their screen name put on the heli that helps with it. I have already received one donation (not going to say who since they didn't say it on here, I will leave that up to them) and it's a pretty good dent in the money needed for this. So, it has started. Lets just hope we can finish it while my fingers still work lmao.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Like I said only you Tony know what you want. I am glad that you want a 600 sized Heli though! I'll be with you every step of the way! Don't be afraid of it though. Just rebuild it with good quality parts and have fun flying it.

Tony

Staff member
I'm pretty sure the members will decide on a 600 size. As stated, this is more of a members heli than it is mine. It will belong to the forum/website. so if everyone states they want a 600 nitro, that is what we will get. If it was up to me, I would probably get the Chaos 600 just to try it out, but the push to nitro almost has me changing my mind. One thing that we can not forget is everything associated with nitro such as a field box, fuel, starter, igniter and everything else that I'm forgetting since I have been out of the game for a long time.

Top Bottom