General Setting Pitch On Flybarless

bigone5500

No I didn't use the rudder stick. Is there a 100% method for getting them to 90? I just eyeballed it and to me it looks pretty good.

bigone5500

#2 servo actually looked like it may have been a little off so I removed it and sure enough it was a couple splines off. I'll remove the other two to check them and adjust as needed.

bigone5500

I just said a couple not being literal but it was off a bit. I now officially have the arms and linkages at 90. It is now time for the zip tie right?

bigone5500

Zip tie installed. I'll have to come back to this later. Got stuff I need to do.

Thanks for the help Tony!

20181208_104816.jpg

bigone5500

After some thought on what I have accomplished so far, I think I understand how this setup works. After centering servo arms and setting links to 90, you then connect the swash and adjust the link lengths to level the swash. Then you install the head and start the pitch on the blades.

Am I understanding it correctly so far?

bigone5500

I'm back...please take your seats.

I need to make sure of something. Do I need to stay in G menu whilst working on the swash? I think I need to exit that menu to do that. Not sure. When using the zip tie, where do I start? at the highest arm? Lowest?

bigone5500

I went back into menu G just for kicks and have found something peculiar. At status led off, the servos are at the center reference position. When I select ch1, the ch2 servo gains a little height until I go back to no status led off. Should I go into ch2 and lower it?

Tony

Staff member
Yes, you stay in G for the swash leveling. As for where to start, that is just a random pick. Just pick one and go from there. And yea, that is a little weird on the ch2...

bigone5500

Oh, and I think I'll start with the shortest one and shorten the rest to match. In my thinking, that will give more threads in the clevises.

Tony

Staff member
At this point, I'm thinking doing a complete factory reset on that gyro would help more than it would hurt.

bigone5500

I think I now have the swash level. I think it's time to install the blades and set the pitch. What do you think the next step is?

Tony

Staff member
If you have the servos and swash already setup then definitely put the head on and set the 0 pitch (in G) and then go to the full positive and negative.

Top Bottom