General Setting Pitch On Flybarless

Tony

Staff member
Sorry, got busy. Yes, you will do 0 in G. and yes, you will use the swash/grip linkages to adjust 0.

bigone5500

Thanks. I had to put it aside for a bit. I smelled my brain smoking again. I will get back on it a little later.

Do I adjust the grip links with the blades in line with the tail boom?

bigone5500

At this point, should I spin the blades to do the other one or is it best practice to zero it at the rear?

Tony

Staff member
Just spin the blades around so you are always checking them in the same spot of the helicopter.

bigone5500

Looking at the manual, I can access menu K which is the Collective Pitch Range Endpoints. Is this worth going into?

bigone5500

It says do not use any pitch curves in the transmitter. Do I need to change the values before continuing? If so, what should they be? Also, what should the value on the gauge read when setting the min/max?

Tony

Staff member
Your throttle hold should be a linear pitch curve. If you still have the motor unplugged, IU1, IU2 and Hold should all be linear so you can use any of those, but ONLY if you still have that motor unplugged.

Tony

Staff member
I'm not sure what you mean. You will just put a pitch gauge on the helicopter and set your pitch. Unless I'm wicked tired and not comprehending that menu lmao. Wouldn't be the first time.

Tony

Staff member
That is going to depend on your flying style. I always start with 12º of pitch on the collective. If you want something a little more tame, you can start with 10º and see how it goes.

Top Bottom